• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Camp Watch;

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news about Bryant. I didn't think Notre Dame was making him leave the school his grades just aren't high enough to play I believe he can remain on scholarship and practice but not play, at least that is what I took from it but could be wrong. Most people myself included just believed he would want to transfer because of it. Hopefully he does return.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice report #1: That means ND football is here. Jump right in.

-Top Player- Max Redfield is starting to live up to that Potential. The light has turned on. Kelly sees an NFL type Safety. This is great news for ND. Yes I know its 1 practice. Im just reporting what Im hearing.

Offense
#1; Ronnie Stanley: 1st practice and he just dominated every one. Looking like he is going to lock up a Top 5 pick. The kid is a beast. Some predicting he is better then Zach Martin(some say a lot better). Look for BIG year from him. He is great pass protector and Run.
#2; Torrii Hunter Jr: He had the catch of the day and he was getting by CB more then any other WR.
#3 Durham Smythe: He is an all around good TE. He has good hands, good blocker and runs good routes. Jones is right behind him. Expect both to see a lot of playing time.

Defense:
#1 Max Redfield: we already what he did.
#2 Russell: Word is he looks like a 1st to 2nd rd pick. Did not miss a beat. By the 1st day already can see why is the best CB for ND. Luke also looked good and some writers have said this is the best combo in college football.
#3 J. Smith: This kid just gets better every year and yet again we have another 1st rd talent for ND. He was super fast today.
#3B; Joe Schmidt: Great to see him play again. Probably the smartest player on D(meaning knowing the Defense.). They say he is like a coach on the field. he knows where every Defensive player needs to be. Crazy

Other good 1st days:
QB Wimbush is going to be a really good one. This kid is big and strong arm QB. Bright future ahead.
Drue Transquil: nice to see him out there again. He was very explosive. That is great news.
Dline: Dline looks awesome. They are struggled with Stanley but overall looked awesome. Day especially.
CJ Sanders showing great hands. Did not drop a pass.
Holmes another WR looking good. Very shifty.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush looks big and his throws looked good.

Kizer's throws looked the best imo. Early I know.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all worried about the QB position, the only thing I wish is that Golson transferred before spring practice so he didn't steal reps from Zaire and Kizer. If they can get solid QB play I really think this could be a special year for Notre Dame.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lets see how people take this: it can be a Negative or a Positive.

Oline is looking Awesome. some scouts are saying this line looks like an NFL Oline. They are giving #8 all day to throw.
That is the positive.

The Negative: is our D going to be bad again or the Dline not doing a good job?

In my opinion I think ND might have the best Oline in college football, The D will be fine and I just think they are going against the best so when they play others its going to be easy for them. also I think Offense has the advantage right now. They are ahead of the curve.

Now to also be fair they are saying the D looks good just that Oline is by far the best unit this team has.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other positive and exciting news for fans ND is coming out with Hard Knock like at ND show on showtime. 1st show will be aired after the 1st game. yes it will be 2 weeks behind the game week. Still that will be awesome to watch as a fan

I know I am excited to watch.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oline is looking Awesome. some scouts are saying this line looks like an NFL Oline. They are giving #8 all day to throw.
That is the positive.

In my opinion I think ND might have the best Oline in college football, The D will be fine and I just think they are going against the best so when they play others its going to be easy for them. also I think Offense has the advantage right now. They are ahead of the curve.

Now to also be fair they are saying the D looks good just that Oline is by far the best unit this team has.

I agree about the O-line. That's why I was looking forward to seeing Folston and Bryant running behind it. Hopefully Procise gets up to speed quickly. There is a lot of talent on the D. There is no reason that baring injury it shouldn't be greatly improved. One more year in VanGorder's system should help, but for me personally, the jury is still out on Van Gorder as a D coordinator. I really hope I'm wrong and that another year for Morgan and Redfield will show big improvements.

In any event, I can't wait until Texas. I predicted 11-1 on the CFB board, but I think we might finish the regular season a little bit better.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the O-line. That's why I was looking forward to seeing Folston and Bryant running behind it. Hopefully Procise gets up to speed quickly. There is a lot of talent on the D. There is no reason that baring injury it shouldn't be greatly improved. One more year in VanGorder's system should help, but for me personally, the jury is still out on Van Gorder as a D coordinator. I really hope I'm wrong and that another year for Morgan and Redfield will show big improvements.

In any event, I can't wait until Texas. I predicted 11-1 on the CFB board, but I think we might finish the regular season a little bit better.
I have us at 11-1 to as of right now. Make Final prediction at the end of camp. Does 11-1 get us in. If 3 teams in the playoffs have 1 loss I say yes and depends who we lose against. ND has one of the toughest schedules in College football this year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the positive.

I think its still non-contact yes? I'd reserve judgment on the effectiveness of both the O-line or D-Line until then. That said, I don't think there's any doubt our O-line as a unit is far better than our D-line as a unit. If they are allowed to dominiate, they will. I think the D-line, if it stays at full strength will be fine. I am worried Jarron Jones has lost a lot of strength, which you need at DT. He's a big body, but he wasn't able to do any weight bearing lifting on his lower body while his foot injury healed. I think (fear) he's a year away from regaining top form. FYI, he was very dominant when he was healthy. Sheldon Day is an exceptional talent, but he, too has had injury issues his whole career. I'd like him to go the distance this year. Jay Hayes and Jerry Tillery are suitable backups. I am expecting more from Okwara this year, but Trumbetti is also a suitable backup. Issac Rochelle is a vastly underrated DL.

I really wish there was a way to plug Joe Schmidt's smarts into Nyles Morgan's body. Schmidt says he's 100% but I get the sense he is not, and even at 100%, he's not a natural athelete. But his IQ is off the charts.

Having Russell back is huge, but the staff talks up Redfield as if he has been reborn again hard. Time to see it on the field.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other positive and exciting news for fans ND is coming out with Hard Knock like at ND show on showtime. 1st show will be aired after the 1st game. yes it will be 2 weeks behind the game week. Still that will be awesome to watch as a fan

I tend to dislike these shows. Sure, it will be entertaining and it gives you a "behind the scenes" look at the team. However, follow the history of Hard Knocks. The team they focus on rarely does well during the year they are featured. I think having the cameras around all the time and the interviewing is an unnecessary distraction.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have us at 11-1 to as of right now. Make Final prediction at the end of camp. Does 11-1 get us in. If 3 teams in the playoffs have 1 loss I say yes and depends who we lose against. ND has one of the toughest schedules in College football this year.
It will depend not only who we lose against but who the other contenders lose against as well.
Hard to say where this team will be. Kelly has the talent to go 11-1, but there's always the upset special lurking with this guy, and say what you will about 2012, Pitt was pretty much that game. Pitt just made too many of its own mistakes to pull it out. Kelly seems like he's good for one brain fart game a season. Kelly also seems like a guy who counts on the players to step up and be leaders, he doesn't instill it himself, he's just the CEO. 2012 was the last year there was really solid leadership everwhere on the field. KLM on the D-Line, Manti at LB, Zeke Motta at DB, Martin on the O-line, Riddick at RB, Eifert for WR/TE's.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not jazzed about this at all. :thumbsdown: BK & Swarbrick

#UnneededDistraction

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've known Purguy would beat me to the post on this... Mod could delete my other thread if necessary, won't hurt my feelings.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to dislike these shows. Sure, it will be entertaining and it gives you a "behind the scenes" look at the team. However, follow the history of Hard Knocks. The team they focus on rarely does well during the year they are featured. I think having the cameras around all the time and the interviewing is an unnecessary distraction.
I was talking more as a fan and seeing the inside and getting to know some of the players more. As a fan Im excited.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend not only who we lose against but who the other contenders lose against as well.
Hard to say where this team will be. Kelly has the talent to go 11-1, but there's always the upset special lurking with this guy, and say what you will about 2012, Pitt was pretty much that game. Pitt just made too many of its own mistakes to pull it out. Kelly seems like he's good for one brain fart game a season. Kelly also seems like a guy who counts on the players to step up and be leaders, he doesn't instill it himself, he's just the CEO. 2012 was the last year there was really solid leadership everwhere on the field. KLM on the D-Line, Manti at LB, Zeke Motta at DB, Martin on the O-line, Riddick at RB, Eifert for WR/TE's.
I think we have it this year, Folston- back field, Day- Dline, Smith/Schmidt- LBS, Russell/Farley- Secondary, Stanley- Oline, Fuller- WRs.

I think the leaders are there

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice report Update:

MVP: Russell- He just owned 1 v 1 and 7 vs 7. He wasn't letting no WR catch the ball. Scouts are saying he is a true Shut down CB in College and should translate into the NFL. Luke has been just as good. This combo is scary.

Top Offensive Players:
1)Zaire: Ran great 2 min drives today. Starting to really settle in. Good news for the Irish. He was so accurate today. Sidenote: WR's had a really bad day. Lots of drops.
2)Stanley: back to back reports. This Kid Is a BEAST and some are saying he is locking up #1 pick in the NFL this year. He hasn't even come close yet to lose 1 v 1 and hasn't even come close to letting up a sack. DE and OLB or getting frustrated. The good news this is the best LT these guys will see all year.
3)Will Fuller: Only WR to have a really good day. He can do a little bit of everything. Big year for him again.

Top Defensive players:
1)Russell: Read up top
2)Luke: like I said before if Russell wasn't on the team he would be talked about a lot more. This kid will be a 1st to 2nd rd pick when his time comes.
3)J. Smith: All over the field. Its going to be exciting to watch him this year.

Honorable Mention:
Nick Watkins: ND has another good CB that will give this team depth. When Russell leave Luke and Watkins next year shouldn't drop off that much. Watkins is a good one.
Nick Martin: Showing great communication on the Line. he isn't his brother but very respectable OL. expect a steady year from him.
Wimbush: getting better every practice. By the end don't be surprise if he wins the back up QB spot. This kid might be more talented then Zaire. Once he learns the offense watch out.

Overall good day.