• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Talk

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised we don't have a thread yet. Anywho...

I realize that camp is camp and we shouldn't be reserving our flights to Vegas in Feb by any stretch. But check out this little video of Njigba..

In particular, look at the 1st route he ran. Does a quick cut out and then turns upfield on a dime. That's the sort of route running that gets players open a lot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised we don't have a thread yet. Anywho...

I realize that camp is camp and we shouldn't be reserving our flights to Vegas in Feb by any stretch. But check out this little video of Njigba..

In particular, look at the 1st route he ran. Does a quick cut out and then turns upfield on a dime. That's the sort of route running that gets players open a lot.

The thing that made Largent special was his ability to not lose speed when cutting, well and his hands. JSN is one of those type guys that are able to turn on a dime and not lose momentum and speed. He will be a nightmare in the slot. Hope he stays healthy because Eskridge I thought was going to be in that style just not on the elite level as JSN but still a shifty quick in and out guy and all he has done is get hurt.
:hope:

Baldwin was like that but not as quick in and out of his cuts but he ran nice crisp routes, Lockett when he was younger was a nightmare to cover because of his quickness and even though he isn't as quick as he use to be he is a lot smarter. I like the quick guys that you say "he is not that fast" then they are running past you like you are standing still.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that made Largent special was his ability to not lose speed when cutting, well and his hands. JSN is one of those type guys that are able to turn on a dime and not lose momentum and speed. He will be a nightmare in the slot. Hope he stays healthy because Eskridge I thought was going to be in that style just not on the elite level as JSN but still a shifty quick in and out guy and all he has done is get hurt.
:hope:

Baldwin was like that but not as quick in and out of his cuts but he ran nice crisp routes, Lockett when he was younger was a nightmare to cover because of his quickness and even though he isn't as quick as he use to be he is a lot smarter. I like the quick guys that you say "he is not that fast" then they are running past you like you are standing still.

Yah, Largent had three huge things going for him that I recall.

1) INCREDIBLE discipline and work ethic. After practice he'd continue to catch like 150+ passes (from machines as the QBs left), and would be running routes non-stop.
2) Great route runner (due to above) and generally was known for catching anything thrown his way (due to above). He was a ball magnet and created separation because the routes were so crisp. Those are JSNs better attributes as well so we can only hope.
3) Durability. This is the one where despite talent and work ethic, can just fall apart and the reason so many players bust. Largent played most of the games he was on the roster for. The man missed 4 games in 13 seasons (WTF?) lol. Most of the great wide receivers have that attribute.

Despite some of the talent #3 derailed Eskridge almost immediately and possibly after that big of an injury he just never was the same.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have a 6 foot 4, ( Taller than DK! ) 4.37 40 WR on the roster, forgot his name but he was undrafted. Landers or something, I am interested in seeing him play. I hear his hands are his worst issue right now but that could just be technique or concentration/bad habits issue. I see to many people with bad hands training with like tennisballs and thats THE WORST way to do it. thats more for eye issues tracking and such but you end up getting stone hands by doing that. Need to throw them a super squishy and heavy football to build up the soft hands finger strength.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have a 6 foot 4, ( Taller than DK! ) 4.37 40 WR on the roster, forgot his name but he was undrafted. Landers or something, I am interested in seeing him play. I hear his hands are his worst issue right now but that could just be technique or concentration/bad habits issue. I see to many people with bad hands training with like tennisballs and thats THE WORST way to do it. thats more for eye issues tracking and such but you end up getting stone hands by doing that. Need to throw them a super squishy and heavy football to build up the soft hands finger strength.

Yah it's Landers. He's like 6'5", crazy athletic guy, but super light (only about 200 lbs if I recall). He's super fast, got a great vert, etc. but not a great route runner at all and not a great catcher. And despite his height, if he's that light he needs to put on muscle otherwise he'll get jammed and off balance easily... I was surprised he was undrafted...

I think most teams just saw him as a HUGE project. If he is motivated and has a top end work ethic and uses Lockett/JSN to learn routes and how to catch and Metcalf to get in the weightroom with, it could materialize... but all depends on his work ethic. If he's just kind of mailing it in and hoping to get somewhere with speed/athletics, he'll be out of the NFL in short order.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Charbonnet and Walker are out "indefinitely". Not a great start.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Charbonnet and Walker are out "indefinitely". Not a great start.

Well, as for Walker sounds like a precaution... but this is why I liked the Charbonnet pick (because Walker had nagging stuff all last year).

As for Zach's injury... God, can we ever catch a break with runningbacks (no pun intended)? It's shoulder so it's not necessary HORRIBLE, sounds like they just don't know enough right now so of course no reason to march him out there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks been snake bite at RB for years. McIntosh may come in handy this season, knock on wood.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have ran Lynch at the goal line. The curse is alive and well. :noidea:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is terrible I hope that Zachs injury won't keep him sidelined but the key to this whole season is how well our running game will hold up. If we ever go into a game where Dejay Dallas is our #1 back we will most likely lose that game in my honest opinion.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is terrible I hope that Zachs injury won't keep him sidelined but the key to this whole season is how well our running game will hold up. If we ever go into a game where Dejay Dallas is our #1 back we will most likely lose that game in my honest opinion.

We would need to lose Walker, Charbonnet and Mcintosh for that to happen. McIntosh will easily beat out DeeJay.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll did report yesterday that Charbonnet's injury wasn't due to a hit or anything. It just kind of crept up on him and started getting a bit painful. That could mean anything.. fracture, tear, or something less of an issue like tendinitis or bursitis (usually can be treated with a shot and a little bit of rest), etc. Usually from what I understand if you tear, break, or fracture something it doesn't 'creep up on you' (unless you're in a situation where your adrenaline is full on - TC and practice? I doubt it)... you know almost right away that something happened. Course I'm not a doctor by any stretch.

Could be something like above where there's inflammation. Something like gout (generally the toe) does creep up over time... generally you feel uncomfort early on and think little of it... and as 24-48 hours go on if you don't use NSAIDs it can fully inflame/swell in which case it's EXTREMELY painful. But generally inflammation or bursitis/tendinitis etc. you can treat pretty easily with a shot and some minor rest. It RARELY requires surgery.

Let's hope for the best. K9 was injured like 3 times last year (start of season, towards the middle-end, and then played a couple games injured)... that's why I was happy we took Charbonnet because I see Walker only playing like 13 or so games a season unless we limit him to high teen carries.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a torn groin happen and it sounded like a gun shot. I played on it the rest of the game and it was sore the next day. I continued working and it just became more and more sore then I went and had it checked out before they found out I had ruptured a tendon. The day i hurt it, it felt like a strain at worst the next day like a pull but it continued to become more and more of a issue so things even BAD things can creep up on you when your body is finely tuned up. I was out for 3 1/2 months played 1 1/2 games on it and a handful of practices. I was 19 at the time so my body healed pretty fast.

Hell i played a whole season of Baseball my senior year with a broken thumb and had to have a pin put in it after the season. So bad things can creep up on you. As athletes you are use to soreness bumps and bruises so it becomes normal even when it's not.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need to lose Walker, Charbonnet and Mcintosh for that to happen. McIntosh will easily beat out DeeJay.

I wouldn't put my faith in a 7th round running back but then again Chris Carson outside of his pass catching and occasional fumbles I thought was a hell of a running back.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put my faith in a 7th round running back but then again Chris Carson outside of his pass catching and occasional fumbles I thought was a hell of a running back.

Oh for sure, Carson was a beast.

Ever since Lynch though we just can't seem to win.

Carson - great RB - injuries ended career.
Penny - looked great when healthy, started off last season beasting (and ended 2021 lookin' good) - injuries ended time with Hawks (maybe he'll re-surge in Philly, that'd be our luck)
Prosise - looked great when healthy, amazing change of pace/3rd down back - injuries ended career.
Walker - looked great last season, ROY candidate - injuries starting up again.

*sigh*

If McIntosh STARTS week 1 I think Seattle has to change up their offense a bit. They are not going to be able to run their traditional plays with runningback. I think Geno has to pass 40 times... McIntosh is not just a back who can receive, he's an actual route runner (few backs can do this). Yes he can run the ball, but his big threat is as an Ekeler type. I believe there was times where Ekeler did start games, although it's not preferred and again your offense has to get a little creative as a result (which I think Waldron is the perfect person to do it). You can't just go out there and run your base O as if Walker/Charb was starting.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying He will beat out Dallas is all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the worst luck at the RB position... Watch R. Penny play the entire season in Philly...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as for Walker sounds like a precaution... but this is why I liked the Charbonnet pick (because Walker had nagging stuff all last year).

As for Zach's injury... God, can we ever catch a break with runningbacks (no pun intended)? It's shoulder so it's not necessary HORRIBLE, sounds like they just don't know enough right now so of course no reason to march him out there.

Seahawks been snake bite at RB for years. McIntosh may come in handy this season, knock on wood.
After what happened with Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just playing it extra safe.

Client of mine who worked for the Seahawks as a trainer told me before the 2020 season that he'd be shocked if Carson was still playing in a few years. Told me his entire body was essentially destroyed, in his words.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a torn groin happen and it sounded like a gun shot. I played on it the rest of the game and it was sore the next day. I continued working and it just became more and more sore then I went and had it checked out before they found out I had ruptured a tendon. The day i hurt it, it felt like a strain at worst the next day like a pull but it continued to become more and more of a issue so things even BAD things can creep up on you when your body is finely tuned up. I was out for 3 1/2 months played 1 1/2 games on it and a handful of practices. I was 19 at the time so my body healed pretty fast.

Hell i played a whole season of Baseball my senior year with a broken thumb and had to have a pin put in it after the season. So bad things can creep up on you. As athletes you are use to soreness bumps and bruises so it becomes normal even when it's not.
Honestly I can't fathom some of the injuries these guys play through. I had a rotator cuff injury back in January, thankfully it didn't require surgery but the pain was fucking awful.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who liked the Witherspoon selection, I'm slightly worried after seeing videos of him getting cooked by both Tyler Lockett and JSN.

There might be a slight learning curve with him primarily playing man coverage in college and moving to a zone coverage scheme.