• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 1st round pick OL player though isn't going to fix all the issues we have with this unit. I agree RB is a position I would stay away from for a while...unless a generational type player happens to fall to us. To me you cannot watch Leonard Fournette and not be blown away by his ability. I mean there are plays I have seen with him that 3 guys come and stop him for about half a second to only then see him just shove those guys off and keep going for another 40 yards. He is one of the few that on those 3rd and 1 type plays could get hit in the backfield and just will his way to a 1st down for us. So if he falls to say the 12th pick or beyond I'm looking to trade up and get that type of player.

Plus to me if we are actually to see a huge jump in our OL it will be through FA not the draft.
It would be a miracle if we could land Fournette. That dude is unreal. He looks like a man amongst children. It would be as likely as me winning the lottery though. He throws defenders to the ground and runs angry

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a miracle if we could land Fournette. That dude is unreal. He looks like a man amongst children. It would be as likely as me winning the lottery though. He throws defenders to the ground and runs angry

Agreed. I've never thought more highly of a RB's ability on the field than this kid. Watching his 2015 games it is seriously unreal how much teams respected what he brought to the table. I mean every single play action you saw the defense just suck up about 3-4 yards before they figured out he didn't have the football. Teams stayed in their base defense even when they went to 3-wide because they were much more worried about him than a 3rd WR on the field. Just adding him to this offense completely changes the outlook in my opinion of how teams have to try and prepare to stop us. I think he alone could give us almost a touchdown difference per game. I don't say that about many skill position players. Gronk is one that does that, maybe Julio Jones, and Adrian Peterson when healthy but that is about it for me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were a couple of games that I watched that I had to make sure I wasn't watching a highlight video because every single run he seemed to be running somebody over or just bursting through the pile. If he can stay healthy he is one of the few players that I am willing to say will go down as a top-15 RB in the NFL. Again has to stay healthy. His skill set is that rare.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could take over the 4th quarter after the beating he puts on a defense. It hurts just watching guys trying to tackle him

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could take over the 4th quarter after the beating he puts on a defense. It hurts just watching guys trying to tackle him

Agreed. I just keep picturing him next to one of our young QB's and teams just having to commit to stopping the run leaving all of our WR's in man coverage making life very easy for our QB's to make reads.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even throw the ball? Just run it three times and punt if you don't get it. Let the run game and defense win. There are 3 things that can happen when you throw the football, and 2 of them are bad.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even throw the ball? Just run it three times and punt if you don't get it. Let the run game and defense win. There are 3 things that can happen when you throw the football, and 2 of them are bad.
That harkens back to Woody Hayes!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carl and i are excited to 'huddle up' today...

Soon...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 1st round pick OL player though isn't going to fix all the issues we have with this unit. I agree RB is a position I would stay away from for a while...unless a generational type player happens to fall to us. To me you cannot watch Leonard Fournette and not be blown away by his ability. I mean there are plays I have seen with him that 3 guys come and stop him for about half a second to only then see him just shove those guys off and keep going for another 40 yards. He is one of the few that on those 3rd and 1 type plays could get hit in the backfield and just will his way to a 1st down for us. So if he falls to say the 12th pick or beyond I'm looking to trade up and get that type of player.

Plus to me if we are actually to see a huge jump in our OL it will be through FA not the draft.
o
I guess I'm the odd man out on Fournette. Saw him run thru big holes mostly and the thing that stood out to me most is how Alabama shut him down. Very weary of him as a #1. Obviously O line in first rd is pretty r

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got superman on your offense? Here's your kryptonite

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o
I guess I'm the odd man out on Fournette. Saw him run thru big holes mostly and the thing that stood out to me most is how Alabama shut him down. Very weary of him as a #1. Obviously O line in first rd is pretty r
I say you still draft the best talent and not reach for need. If you got a chance to get a superstar you draft him regardless of position. Everything I've seen says the o line talent is suspect, so that might be an old Shanahan move and draft solely for need and pass on talent. That didn't work out too good... Ashley Lelie instead of Reed still haunts my boy Scott

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forentte did zip against Alabama twice which is the closest to NFL speed he will see in college
So I don't see him making the offense better by himself. I prefer the shady McCoy type
back

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forentte did zip against Alabama twice which is the closest to NFL speed he will see in college
So I don't see him making the offense better by himself. I prefer the shady McCoy type
back

Carl and I will be discussing Fournette and Cook and McCaffrey soon... I will share

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I've never thought more highly of a RB's ability on the field than this kid. Watching his 2015 games it is seriously unreal how much teams respected what he brought to the table. I mean every single play action you saw the defense just suck up about 3-4 yards before they figured out he didn't have the football. Teams stayed in their base defense even when they went to 3-wide because they were much more worried about him than a 3rd WR on the field. Just adding him to this offense completely changes the outlook in my opinion of how teams have to try and prepare to stop us. I think he alone could give us almost a touchdown difference per game. I don't say that about many skill position players. Gronk is one that does that, maybe Julio Jones, and Adrian Peterson when healthy but that is about it for me.

Then you trade a #1 pick next year for 7 more points per game with this defense. Denver would be unstoppable scoring 28 points per game giving up 18.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you trade a #1 pick next year for 7 more points per game with this defense. Denver would be unstoppable scoring 28 points per game giving up 18.

Honestly I would be ok with making that trade. There are not many RB's that are worth 1 1st round pick let alone 2 but he is that special in my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back

True he didn't have a whole lot of success against them. What you see though in watching that game is Alabama dared LSU to throw the football. They left the WR's out in single coverage pretty much the entire game both times they played with Fournette in the lineup. They made it their goal that Fournette would not beat them. So while LSU was not able to take advantage of such a game plan because of a lack of talent at the QB position and an OL that struggled to keep pressure of the QB it still shows just the level of respect that a guy like Saban gives to Fournette and his ability to just go win games.

I guess look at it this way. 2 seasons ago in the AFC Championship game the Broncos dared the Patriots to beat them with the run game. They stayed in the Nickel/Dime formation almost the entire game. They dropped guys back in coverage like it was going out of style. They should have been able to run the football like crazy if they wanted. The Broncos though knew the Patriots even when dared to run the football wouldn't do it because they were that bad at it. Same with LSU where they just couldn't pass the football to take pressure off of Fournette.