• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the nfl has plenty of Fosters therefore fornette could have issues

I wouldn't say there are a lot of Fosters in the NFL. There is a reason he is considered a top-5 pick and one of the top ILB's to enter the draft. I mean he is getting graded as high as Kuechley was when he came out if not a bit higher.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say there are a lot of Fosters in the NFL. There is a reason he is considered a top-5 pick and one of the top ILB's to enter the draft. I mean he is getting graded as high as Kuechley was when he came out if not a bit higher.

I think he is a tick under Kuechly. He won't run in the 4.5s like Luke did. Voch Lombardi broke down some Kuechly BC tape the other month... man... haven't seen a cat like that if we are being completely honest

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Foster, and although he might not time as fast as Kuechly, He is a savage hitter/tackler. He hits with perfect leverage and he is an immovable force. He's definitely a quick twitch guy as evidenced by his explosive playmaking. And his ability to shed is second to none. He would be our best ILBer imo. I would trade the farm for him as far as draft picks go

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that should get us in that pick 10-12 range. Here are the guys I would trade up that high for...

1) Reuben Foster. One of the most explosive ILB's not only in this draft but would be in the NFL day 1 of stepping on the field. True 3-down ILB that can be a great leader even for this unit.

2) Myles Garrett. Honestly these are not in actual order just names coming to my head. This guy across from Von Miller would have QB's scared to take the field. He won't make it past pick 3 so not really a guy I think we could get.

3) Slomon Thomas. Maybe he falls enough for us to get but would be a very smart, athletic, and agressive player that would fit in day 1 with our team. Needs to add some bulk though to be a full time starter for us at one of the DE's spots.

4) Jonathan Allen. I'm higher on this guy than some but just his sheer athleticism and go take some guys head off attitude would be awesome on the other side to Wolfe.

5) Leornard Fournette. I think I've voiced enough how much I like this kid.

6) Jamal Adams. I know SS is not a big need but this kid is awesome and well could honestly be even an upgrade of TJ Ward. Throw in Ward only has one year left on his deal and if we got Adams could be a nice trade piece.
Good stuff

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In athleticism and skill set. Not between the ears. Red flag imo. Let Dallas get him. They've done well with the " Fosters of the draft " ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In athleticism and skill set. Not between the ears. Red flag imo. Let Dallas get him. They've done well with the " Fosters of the draft " ;)

Where are you getting that he is not intelligent? Just curious. I haven't heard that and I don't really see that on film.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I second Nick's post of not sure where you are hearing that he is not football smart. He has had no off the field issues. He is asked to be the play caller on the field so can handle information coming in from the coaches and getting people in the right position. Have yet to see any analyst talk about this guy being football stupid. In fact watching his games I would say he does a great job of diagnosing and attacking. Maybe not to the level of Kuechley but not sure there is anybody in the NFL that does as good of a job of diagnosing what is happening and attacking like Kuechley.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see anything wrong with Bolles in rd 1 for Denver .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see anything wrong with Bolles in rd 1 for Denver .
25 year old playing against 20 year olds. I wonder how they evaluate him going forward into the NFL

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just really hard to say - what the Broncos will be looking for in an Olineman in FA and the draft at the moment.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still my #1 OT. If we could get Whitworth in FA and then get this guy in the draft to play our RT position I would feel so much better about the chances of our run game actually being an advantage.

I like this thought Carl - in two years - he can slide over to Lt.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson's ability to play LT, RT, and either G make him a better pick at 20 imo. I really fear that if Ramczyk or Bolles measure weak or short armed or anything like that... we are stuck with another sambrailo who due to only being able to play LT at a poor level (the other positions are worse than that) he just has very little value on the roster, esp in a power scheme

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sambraillo is toast on this roster with these coaches.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combine starts this week and my annual rant that is such a waste of time. Once the NFL got a hold of it and made it a TV battle of the Stars. They said last year 35% of the kids invited did not get drafted. I take my kid to Landow Performance where Von Miller and McCaffery train and our trainer said just working on the start is all they concentrate on. The 40 yard dash will be the last time they run the 40 yard dash evah.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we the worst at drafting O in NFL right now? I know the draft is a crap shoot but, we have majorly bombed on so many players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we the worst at drafting O in NFL right now? I know the draft is a crap shoot but, we have majorly bombed on so many players.

I'd have to look at other teams I guess to know. Definitely been more whiffs on the offensive side of things than the defensive but I also think you have to look at how Elway has chosen to use draft capital.

1st round picks--All but one have been on the defensive side of the ball. The one offensive player was this past year in Paxton so have to wait and see what he can do.

2nd round picks--Elway has used the 2nd round pick 5 times on an offensive player. Franklin and Osweiler both got some decent starts along the way. Latimer, Ball, and Sambrailo unfortunately look like busts.

3rd round--Mostly split between offense and defense. Hillman, Schofield, and Heuerman were all taken in the 3rd for the offense. Hillman and Schofield have both gotten quite a few starts so wouldn't say they were a complete waste but not great picks either. Heuerman we are waiting to see if he can stay healthy.

So I would say a big chunk of the draft capital has been more used to bolster the defense than the offense at this point. Then Elway has gone to FA to bolster the offense. Not saying Elway has done the best work ever in making picks as plenty of players in those first three rounds of the draft on offense have been busts so far. So plenty for Elway to work on when picking guys in the 1st round.