• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Eagles Complete Draft Review

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if he holds out. So far it's a rumor. If he does, I don't blame him, after seeing what Howie paid Curry, who took the money and goofed off. Very disappointing.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if he holds out. So far it's a rumor. If he does, I don't blame him, after seeing what Howie paid Curry, who took the money and goofed off. Very disappointing.

In his 7 years he has received two contracts from the team for a total of about $48M. He has 29 career sacks. Not sure I'd be holding out if I was him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his 7 years he has received two contracts from the team for a total of about $48M. He has 29 career sacks. Not sure I'd be holding out if I was him.

He was 2nd team all pro and is the 28th highest paid DE. He deserves more.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 2nd team all pro and is the 28th highest paid DE. He deserves more.

Over his first 4 seasons he had 11.5 sacks and made $22,000,000. Did he deserve less? Did he offer any back?

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, the last cba negotiations pretty much killed the idea of holdouts.

He won't be out long (if at all) losing 30k a day

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over his first 4 seasons he had 11.5 sacks and made $22,000,000. Did he deserve less? Did he offer any back?

I really never understood our countries fascination with the extremely wealthy. Why is it that the billionaire owners ignore signed contracts and cut players for not performing, yet the players can't do it if they outplay their contract. Why isn't it a two way street. Only the players have to honor contracts but its OK if the owners dont. Ill never understand it.

The Eagles could have cut him so obviously they thought he was worth the 22 million.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really never understood our countries fascination with the extremely wealthy. Why is it that the billionaire owners ignore signed contracts and cut players for not performing, yet the players can't do it if they outplay their contract. Why isn't it a two way street. Only the players have to honor contracts but its OK if the owners dont. Ill never understand it.

The Eagles could have cut him so obviously they thought he was worth the 22 million.

You seem to be the one concerned about the "billionaire owners". I'm just saying that if I was him I think I'd be more likely to feel overpaid than underpaid at this point.

Everyone is honoring the contract. If not, the players could sue for breach of contract. NFL contracts do not generally guarantee the full value. This gives the owners an out that the players don't have - as part of the contract. BG is perfectly within his rights to hold out and not play. But, if I were the team in this situation I think I'd let him sit (and take some of my money back). I might consider providing more guarantees, but I would not give him a big raise. $48M for what he has provided seems reasonable to me.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be the one concerned about the "billionaire owners". I'm just saying that if I was him I think I'd be more likely to feel overpaid than underpaid at this point.

Everyone is honoring the contract. If not, the players could sue for breach of contract. NFL contracts do not generally guarantee the full value. This gives the owners an out that the players don't have - as part of the contract. BG is perfectly within his rights to hold out and not play. But, if I were the team in this situation I think I'd let him sit (and take some of my money back). I might consider providing more guarantees, but I would not give him a big raise. $48M for what he has provided seems reasonable to me.

Good point. But the truth is, he was our best player on the entire team last year in terms of quality play that season.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BG doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would enter a lengthy holdout - he could be just taking a little extra time to get in shape, who knows? Pederson said he talked to him and doesn't seem overly concerned about it.

I'm curious to see how Corey Clement performs throughout camps and pre-season, I think he's got a real chance to make the 53 man roster and contribute in the committee. The Birds could carry 4 backs this year if he shows well.