• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forentte did zip against Alabama twice which is the closest to NFL speed he will see in college
So I don't see him making the offense better by himself. I prefer the shady McCoy type
back
Like I said before, Foster is kryptonite

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True he didn't have a whole lot of success against them. What you see though in watching that game is Alabama dared LSU to throw the football. They left the WR's out in single coverage pretty much the entire game both times they played with Fournette in the lineup. They made it their goal that Fournette would not beat them. So while LSU was not able to take advantage of such a game plan because of a lack of talent at the QB position and an OL that struggled to keep pressure of the QB it still shows just the level of respect that a guy like Saban gives to Fournette and his ability to just go win games.

I guess look at it this way. 2 seasons ago in the AFC Championship game the Broncos dared the Patriots to beat them with the run game. They stayed in the Nickel/Dime formation almost the entire game. They dropped guys back in coverage like it was going out of style. They should have been able to run the football like crazy if they wanted. The Broncos though knew the Patriots even when dared to run the football wouldn't do it because they were that bad at it. Same with LSU where they just couldn't pass the football to take pressure off of Fournette.
Sounds just like denvers current QB and oline situation. Fornette could be a wasted pick if Denver can't find a QB so teams are have to respect downfield completions. Denvers not there yet and may not get there so why pick a player who defenses can easily take away.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds just like denvers current QB and oline situation. Fornette could be a wasted pick if Denver can't find a QB so teams are have to respect downfield completions. Denvers not there yet and may not get there so why pick a player who defenses can easily take away.

Think of it this way...Yes teams can take him away if they really commit to it. They have to stay in base defense and have to cheat up a safety to do it though. So that means man coverage on the outside for DT and Sanders. More importantly what that means is much easier reads for our QB's. Both struggled when having to throw against zone defensive sets. Teams can't play as much zone when they need to be playing downhill to try and stop a guy like Fournette.

He is also an incredible pass blocker. I've watched him level DE's running at the QB. So his value is beyond just being a RB. He also had times where he returned kick offs if need be for a big play and I think he is a better receiver than some give him credit for he just wasn't asked to do it much at LSU.

I would also add that look at how much easier a guy like Ezekiel Elliot made life for a young QB. Teams had to be ready for both Elliot and Prescott.

Finally yes I agree that Fournette will be facing some good Front-7's in the NFL. Alabama though this year...

Tim Williams, Ryan Anderson, Jonathan Allen, and Reuben Foster are all 1st round type prospects this year. Dalvin Tomlinson probably goes in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Those are the guys that are draft eligible. My guess is they have a couple of other guys that are top-2 round guys for next year and some back ups that will just fill in and become 1st round prospects as well. That is Alabama. There is no Front-7 in college football that can do what Alabama can do and still then match up on the outside with some success becuase they have 1st round talent at both safety and Corner as well.

I say all that just to show that Alabama stopped every RB they went against. They are the only Division 1 school in college that gave up less than 1,000 yards rushing and over gave up 2.01 yards per carry. That unit was special. And when they key in on stopping just one guy yeah they are going to be able to do that even against a special talent like Fournette. I mean you watch that Alabama game and you see him getting hit in the back field on most of his carries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note. Yes our OL was terrible this past year and we don't know what it will be this next season. I do know that Elway is planning on signing 3 starting caliber OL players. So he is going to make the commitment to getting the run and pass blocking to a very acceptable level. The big question in the equation becomes how do either of our QB's develop? If they develop some then yes a guy like Fournette is worth trading up to get to help take this offense to a new level.

And for me when I am evaluating a player just because they struggled against a certain opponent that committed usually 7-8 guys to stopping him that is such a small sample size compared to what else this guy was able to do against some other very tough defenses.

If we are going to look at stats one to keep in mind is that he lead all college RB's in broken tackles in 2015. Last year Kubiak kept talking about RB's needing to go and make a play and make somebody miss. Well Fournette gives you that. He is a guy that can single handily make a negative play into a big time touchdown for the team. He wins with speed, power, some wiggle if need be, and can be that guy that completely wears a defense down as the game goes on.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issues with Fournette is vision, lateral agility, and most of all, his ankle.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way...Yes teams can take him away if they really commit to it. They have to stay in base defense and have to cheat up a safety to do it though. So that means man coverage on the outside for DT and Sanders. More importantly what that means is much easier reads for our QB's. Both struggled when having to throw against zone defensive sets. Teams can't play as much zone when they need to be playing downhill to try and stop a guy like Fournette.

He is also an incredible pass blocker. I've watched him level DE's running at the QB. So his value is beyond just being a RB. He also had times where he returned kick offs if need be for a big play and I think he is a better receiver than some give him credit for he just wasn't asked to do it much at LSU.

I would also add that look at how much easier a guy like Ezekiel Elliot made life for a young QB. Teams had to be ready for both Elliot and Prescott.

Finally yes I agree that Fournette will be facing some good Front-7's in the NFL. Alabama though this year...

Tim Williams, Ryan Anderson, Jonathan Allen, and Reuben Foster are all 1st round type prospects this year. Dalvin Tomlinson probably goes in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Those are the guys that are draft eligible. My guess is they have a couple of other guys that are top-2 round guys for next year and some back ups that will just fill in and become 1st round prospects as well. That is Alabama. There is no Front-7 in college football that can do what Alabama can do and still then match up on the outside with some success becuase they have 1st round talent at both safety and Corner as well.

I say all that just to show that Alabama stopped every RB they went against. They are the only Division 1 school in college that gave up less than 1,000 yards rushing and over gave up 2.01 yards per carry. That unit was special. And when they key in on stopping just one guy yeah they are going to be able to do that even against a special talent like Fournette. I mean you watch that Alabama game and you see him getting hit in the back field on most of his carries.

save it carl! Granted only about 6 minutes of talk on him but still... lol ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
save it carl! Granted only about 6 minutes of talk on him but still... lol ;)

Dang it. Keep doing that. I guess I'm just having a tough time seeing what others are seeing here. Yeah I've watched the Alabama games and seen they were not good for him just like they were not good for so many other RB's that played Alabama. I also though see what Alabama did in that game to make sure he had a very bad day and how LSU just had a terrible game plan to try and open things up and make Alabama respect them throwing the football.

2015 the LSU QB goes 6 for 19 for 128 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. Why would Alabama respect that?

In 2016 it was even worse for the QB going 11 of 24 for 92 yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. If Alabama can get away with playing man coverage on the outside and committing the LB's and Safeties to stopping the run then it makes it very easy to stop even a great player like Fournette.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it. Keep doing that. I guess I'm just having a tough time seeing what others are seeing here. Yeah I've watched the Alabama games and seen they were not good for him just like they were not good for so many other RB's that played Alabama. I also though see what Alabama did in that game to make sure he had a very bad day and how LSU just had a terrible game plan to try and open things up and make Alabama respect them throwing the football.

2015 the LSU QB goes 6 for 19 for 128 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. Why would Alabama respect that?

In 2016 it was even worse for the QB going 11 of 24 for 92 yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. If Alabama can get away with playing man coverage on the outside and committing the LB's and Safeties to stopping the run then it makes it very easy to stop even a great player like Fournette.

yeah they essentially played bear up front with so many in the box. they knew LSU didn't have the pocket passing game nor oline that could match up. They pulled a BB (and they can cuz the level of talent they have). neutralize their number 1 weapon and make someone else beat u

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they essentially played bear up front with so many in the box. they knew LSU didn't have the pocket passing game nor oline that could match up. They pulled a BB (and they can cuz the level of talent they have). neutralize their number 1 weapon and make someone else beat u

I can't remember what year it was but when BB pretty much dared the Broncos to run the football and we ran for like 240 yards but still found a way to lose the game.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the extra punishment he will take and his ankle.

me too man. He just is such a dynamic player. Best RB prospect I have personally scouted (i started actually watching tape in 2012 and REALLY got heavy in it the last 2 years). He is the most like Peterson since I started watching film. He isn't making it near us anyways and I don't think I would trade up earlier than 16 to go get him. Just my opinion. But he is special. While Cook has better speed and agility (also has shoulder issues tho) Fournette is a fucking giant compared to him. He does something for us we haven't had since 2013... establish an offensive identity. Pairing his hard downhill physical running style with our defense, and (hopefully) improved oline and we are onto something...

He won't fall though. Just too much of a freak.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this - Elway makes big changes quick and well. The best friend for two young QBs will be a run game that takes the pressure off of the QB to succeed - therefore at the same time making it easier to pass block - since the D is expecting a run. JE had Terrell Davis and won two Super Bowls - he remembers what it was like with all those committee of running backs - and everybody on the field knew if the Broncos were going to do it - JE will be the guy to have to get it done.

If CD is correct above and the Broncos are able to sign 3 FA Olinemen as starters - he already has the coaches who can play run offense - it seems logical he could go that way.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too man. He just is such a dynamic player. Best RB prospect I have personally scouted (i started actually watching tape in 2012 and REALLY got heavy in it the last 2 years). He is the most like Peterson since I started watching film. He isn't making it near us anyways and I don't think I would trade up earlier than 16 to go get him. Just my opinion. But he is special. While Cook has better speed and agility (also has shoulder issues tho) Fournette is a fucking giant compared to him. He does something for us we haven't had since 2013... establish an offensive identity. Pairing his hard downhill physical running style with our defense, and (hopefully) improved oline and we are onto something...

He won't fall though. Just too much of a freak.

Agree he'll go top 10 TY Zeke

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did a trade up say

20 + 2nd rounder who would you draft?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did a trade up say

2nd rounder is a huge pick to give up
Would have to be for a top 5 guy on their board
Solomon Thomas would be a huge get , a stud that also fills a need

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great and short video breaking down McCaffrey and what he brings to an NFL Offense. It's a firm 'no' from this Draft Analyst for the Broncos first round pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did a trade up say

Well that should get us in that pick 10-12 range. Here are the guys I would trade up that high for...

1) Reuben Foster. One of the most explosive ILB's not only in this draft but would be in the NFL day 1 of stepping on the field. True 3-down ILB that can be a great leader even for this unit.

2) Myles Garrett. Honestly these are not in actual order just names coming to my head. This guy across from Von Miller would have QB's scared to take the field. He won't make it past pick 3 so not really a guy I think we could get.

3) Slomon Thomas. Maybe he falls enough for us to get but would be a very smart, athletic, and agressive player that would fit in day 1 with our team. Needs to add some bulk though to be a full time starter for us at one of the DE's spots.

4) Jonathan Allen. I'm higher on this guy than some but just his sheer athleticism and go take some guys head off attitude would be awesome on the other side to Wolfe.

5) Leornard Fournette. I think I've voiced enough how much I like this kid.

6) Jamal Adams. I know SS is not a big need but this kid is awesome and well could honestly be even an upgrade of TJ Ward. Throw in Ward only has one year left on his deal and if we got Adams could be a nice trade piece.