• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bare cupboard, or poor coaching?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys keep arguing with Mickey. He will never be happy or satisfied until holgerson and lock are canned and replaced with Pastilong and Nehlen. Why do we waste our time with this?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. No amount of logic, reason and truth will ever be enough. I liked Bill. He was a terrific guy, but a horrid HC. Holgs is an ass. But he's an ass that can recruit. Jury is still out on if he can coach. We'll see.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, yea, those no talent bums could compete head to head with LSU under the previous coach, but now cant compete with Kansas now?????? Holgorsen is the one who cant coach kids up, he cant develope talent, he cant take that two star kid and coach him up like our previous three coaches could. The cupboard was NOT bare, Holgorsen CAN NOT coach the kids, period. As to backups, Brunetti was Smith's backup, a highly recruited kid that was compared to Pat White, he left with the coaching change, in 2010, Tavon was a Soph, and Bailey was a Freshman, so their backups had not been recruited yet. There were a bunch of kids put off by the way that Luck handled the whole situation, and many of the offensive players in the 2010 class did NOT get on campus BECAUSE the coaches that recruited them were fired, I do not get why you guys cant understand the dynamics of a coaching change.

The only reason Stewart's team could compete against LSU was because of Rich's recruits.

Brunetti did not leave WVU because of the coaching change. He would have loved to play in Dana's offense. He turned out to be a part-time player at Ole Miss. A huge bust… among other huge busts from the Stewart years.

It is not true that many of the 2010 recruits failed to get on campus because of the coaching change.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of sad… I keep seeing DAD post the same misinformation year after year. Brunetti and others leaving WVU because of the coaching change. Lost recruits from the 2011 class due to the loss of offensive coaches.

He will not respond to the poor numbers of recruits who stuck it out at WVU. He will not respond to the lack of talent behind Geno, Tavon and Stedman. The lack of RB recruits. The lack of LB recruits. CB recruits. DL recruits.

I'm impressed with his fortitude. He keeps singing the same song. Even when a number of posters have pointed out facts to refute his nonsense.

I applaud his trolling ways.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of sad… I keep seeing DAD post the same misinformation year after year. Brunetti and others leaving WVU because of the coaching change. Lost recruits from the 2011 class due to the loss of offensive coaches.

He will not respond to the poor numbers of recruits who stuck it out at WVU. He will not respond to the lack of talent behind Geno, Tavon and Stedman. The lack of RB recruits. The lack of LB recruits. CB recruits. DL recruits.

I'm impressed with his fortitude. He keeps singing the same song. Even when a number of posters have pointed out facts to refute his nonsense.

I applaud his trolling ways.

I also applaud the few diehards on here who support a "coach" who is ruining the WVU program. Those who said a 19-14 loss to 'Cuse was reason to fire a coach, yet said a 49-23 loss and a 38-14 loss to them was reason for hope. Those who said a 6 point loss at LSU showed a lack of coaching ability because a kid fumbled away the winning TD, yet said a 31-19 loss to Kansas, that was not even that close, was the fault of a dead man. Those who said a loss to Colorado was a total embarassment, but claim a loss after a 24 point lead to IAST is to be expected, because in year three the "coach" had no players. THAT is fortitude!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also applaud the few diehards on here who support a "coach" who is ruining the WVU program. Those who said a 19-14 loss to 'Cuse was reason to fire a coach, yet said a 49-23 loss and a 38-14 loss to them was reason for hope. Those who said a 6 point loss at LSU showed a lack of coaching ability because a kid fumbled away the winning TD, yet said a 31-19 loss to Kansas, that was not even that close, was the fault of a dead man. Those who said a loss to Colorado was a total embarassment, but claim a loss after a 24 point lead to IAST is to be expected, because in year three the "coach" had no players. THAT is fortitude!!!!

Yet no one has EVER said losing to SU under Dana was acceptable. No one from CBS EVER said the loss at LSU was a lack of coaching. Many criticized Stewart for not having a backup for Noel… for continuing to play Noel after he was obviously hurt.

No one has EVER said a loss to KU or ISU was to be expected.

But, a dead man left the cupboard bare to the bone. And, Dana has had to rebuild what was once a proud program… and do so in one of the most challenging… toughest conferences in the country.

Stewart had taken over a team rich in talent. The '07 team averaged nearly 40 pts/gm. His '08 squad averaged 8.5 against FBS opponents after the Colorado game.

That was a tough one to swallow…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet no one has EVER said losing to SU under Dana was acceptable. No one from CBS EVER said the loss at LSU was a lack of coaching. Many criticized Stewart for not having a backup for Noel… for continuing to play Noel after he was obviously hurt.

No one has EVER said a loss to KU or ISU was to be expected.

But, a dead man left the cupboard bare to the bone. And, Dana has had to rebuild what was once a proud program… and do so in one of the most challenging… toughest conferences in the country.

Stewart had taken over a team rich in talent. The '07 team averaged nearly 40 pts/gm. His '08 squad averaged 8.5 against FBS opponents after the Colorado game.

That was a tough one to swallow…

:wtf2: After the Colorado game the 2008 team averaged 25.4 ppg, and went 8-2, what kind of point was that supposed to make.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how a coach can ruin a program by coaching and getting our team up to full strength...but a guy who doesn't fill recruiting classes and bombs on 50% of recruits was wonderful for the program...lol. What a JA.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least Pat got to throw the ball more! :L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: After the Colorado game the 2008 team averaged 25.4 ppg, and went 8-2, what kind of point was that supposed to make.

Are you serious?:wtf2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how a coach can ruin a program by coaching and getting our team up to full strength...but a guy who doesn't fill recruiting classes and bombs on 50% of recruits was wonderful for the program...lol. What a JA.

For some reason… maybe I'm too inbred… I don't see how a coach forced to rebuild a program because of lack of players… could be accused of ruining the program.

It would make more sense to me to blame the former HC for ruining the program…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Pat got to throw the ball more! :L

You have to credit Stewart for taking the best rushing QB… at the time… in college football history… and giving him a chance to throw it around more. Especially when WVU was loaded with all of those highly rated WR recruits.

Everyone in the country wanted to come catch balls in a rush dominant zone read offense…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?:wtf2:

Aug 30 Villanova 48-21 W 60,566
Sep 6 @ East Carolina 3-24 L 43,610
Sep 18 @ Colorado 14-17 L 51,883
Sep 27 Marshall 27-3 W 60,154
Oct 4 Rutgers* 24-17 W 59,122
Oct 11 Syracuse* 17-6 W 58,133
Oct 23 Auburn 34-17 W 60,765
Nov 1 @ Connecticut* 35-13 W 40,000
Nov 8 Cincinnati* 23-26 L 59,834
Nov 22 @ Louisville* 35-21 W 34,796
Nov 28 @ Pitt* 15-19 L 63,019
Dec 6 USF* 13-7 W 48,019
Dec 27 vs North Carolina 31-30 W 73,712

OK, BB, a little math lesson for you, 27+24+17+34+35+23+35+15+13+31=224 224/10 = 22.4 NOT 8 :wtf2: indeed

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YEAH BABY, 10-3, 7-6, 4-8, MAN, thats a program on the move right there!!!!!! The more of "his" players he has, the worse he gets, what a coach!!!! Beating Auburn was the sign of a lousy team and coach, losing to LSU at BR by six was the sign of a dying program, losing to Kansas, going 4-8, no bowl game, THAT is what we strive for! Extend his contract forever, Ollie!! this year he might set us on a higher course, maybe go 1-11, he never needs to win another game, just like Obama, it will always be the previous guys fault!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

You had a hard time with those CBS posters who criticized the ability of Stewart after the CU game. Against FBS schools, WVU scored 3 points against a non-AQ school, and 13 points against a CU team that hadn't had a winning record in 3 years

WVU was a high scoring… high producing offense under Rich. And, they scored 3 and 14 points against their first two FBS opponents under Stewart.

No matter how much WVU scored the rest of the season… they failed to meet most everyone's expectations for Pat White's senior year. Such a shame…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant help but wonder how these conversations would be going had we promoted Calvin Magee to HC when Rich left.... Or even had a coaching search and hired the best candidate :noidea:.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

You had a hard time with those CBS posters who criticized the ability of Stewart after the CU game. Against FBS schools, WVU scored 3 points against a non-AQ school, and 13 points against a CU team that hadn't had a winning record in 3 years

WVU was a high scoring… high producing offense under Rich. And, they scored 3 and 14 points against their first two FBS opponents under Stewart.

No matter how much WVU scored the rest of the season… they failed to meet most everyone's expectations for Pat White's senior year. Such a shame…

Wonder where those guys are. They can take over because I'm definitely tired of going over the same thing over and over again. How long have we put up with this BS? 3 or 4 years now? It's getting so bad with Poppy that I almost miss King and Banned Sleepy.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant help but wonder how these conversations would be going had we promoted Calvin Magee to HC when Rich left.... Or even had a coaching search and hired the best candidate :noidea:.

We couldn't promote Calvin… Eddie was a racist… remember?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get quiet after Saturday.........

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't promote Calvin… Eddie was a racist… remember?

Oh believe me I do. I remember questioning why not him before that Fiesta bowl then just sort of shaking my head after the bowl game and the knee jerk hiring of Stew and then knowing that it was a mistake the minute Stew mentioned changing the offense. He should have been let go right then and there IMO. Lovable guy no doubt about it but... a ST coach that wasn't on anyone's wish list as a HC....anywhere? Terrible hire that has cost us dearly.