• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bare cupboard, or poor coaching?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more days then this talk will all stop, when we beat Bama!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to a football team than raw talent, an individually GREAT team that has no chemistry will struggle to win every time. I would put heart, effort, and what they are coached at LEAST as important as raw talent. Give me that two star guy who has heart and wants to learn over the five star prima dona ANY day. As witnessed by what you just said MAC, a team needs more than talent. Saban could have taken last years WVU team to a bowl EASILY, and may have won 10 games. Holgorsen could have poisoned the pot and coached last years Alabama team to a 6-6 record.
So the 92 team had no chemistry? I thought they went 5-4-2, in large part due to injuries. Well, that's what Nehlen said, but you know more than him. Depth isn't important. Nehlen should have been able to coach up the guys under his starters. What a lousy coach!

As we all know, same core group went 11-1 the next year when healthy.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny all those sites mention the depth issues DH has faced....selective reading?

Could we get a quote from those sites as well where they say "DH is doing a lousy job"? I probably read just about every article on WVU from most sites...have yet to see that one...
He only reads articles he, I mean Mickey writes.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart was a defensive guy? First time I ever heard that. He was a QB coach for Nehlen. He was a QB coach for Rich.

A true fan would know more about the coach he loved so much…

What defensive guy under Stewart? Casteel?...He wasn't his hire!...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Nehlen a QB coach at UofM too?

Both Nehlen and Stewart were defensive coaches…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defensive staff was retained, you guys just love to argue. Stewart offered Casteel to stay, and he accepted. WOW, just WOW.:lame:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Nehlen a QB coach at UofM too?

Both Nehlen and Stewart were defensive coaches…

Yet again, argumentative garbage, Nehlen was a B11 style coach, he believed in running the ball and strong defense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive staff was retained, you guys just love to argue. Stewart offered Casteel to stay, and he accepted. WOW, just WOW.:lame:

So how did the defense get better under Stewart?...he had no hand in it!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did the defense get better under Stewart?...he had no hand in it!

WTF are you saying? Using that same logic, it is ALL on Holgorsen that the defense has been the worst ever the past two years, because his first year, when the defense was still respectable, it was Fraud's doing, as he hired Casteel. The HC is responsible for the assistant coaches who are there during his tenure, whether he originally hired them or not. Nehlen hired Dunlap first, and he was here on and off for 20+ years????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again, argumentative garbage, Nehlen was a B11 style coach, he believed in running the ball and strong defense.

That was exclusive to the B1G?

You crack me up with your BS!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

You labeled Rich as an offensive coach. He hired Casteel.

You labeled Stewart as a defensive coach. He asked Casteel to stay on his staff.

You labeled Dana as an offensive coach, he asked Casteel to stay on his staff.

You labeled Rich as an offensive coach. He asked Casteel to rejoin his staff.

I was labeled argumentative by you... whatever the fuck that means... but, could you explain the logic you've used to make these labels you've attached to these coaches?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Hoppy admits… there was a true lack of depth… or in DAD's words… a bare cupboard.

WV MetroNews ? WVU season prediction

—Depth: Every coach complains about a lack of depth, but Holgorsen’s grousing has been legit. Last season’s defensive collapse can be blamed, at least in part, on nine players with season-ending injuries and a dearth of comparable substitutes. This is the first season since he arrived in Morgantown that he has a full complement of 85 scholarships.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

You labeled Rich as an offensive coach. He hired Casteel.

You labeled Stewart as a defensive coach. He asked Casteel to stay on his staff.

You labeled Dana as an offensive coach, he asked Casteel to stay on his staff.

You labeled Rich as an offensive coach. He asked Casteel to rejoin his staff.

I was labeled argumentative by you... whatever the fuck that means... but, could you explain the logic you've used to make these labels you've attached to these coaches?

The style of ball they prefer, if youd spend as much time reading as you do coming up with arguments, you nay be able to formulate an intelligent conversation. Fraud and Holgorsen prefer high scoring offense, and dont care about defense, just enough to score one more time than the other team., Nehlen and Stewart preferred a stingy defense, and wanted just enough offense to win. IS it really that hard for you??

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The style of ball they prefer, if youd spend as much time reading as you do coming up with arguments, you nay be able to formulate an intelligent conversation. Fraud and Holgorsen prefer high scoring offense, and dont care about defense, just enough to score one more time than the other team., Nehlen and Stewart preferred a stingy defense, and wanted just enough offense to win. IS it really that hard for you??

You are full of it!

Do you believe your own BS? Give me a break....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When nine starters get hurt, ALABAMA doesnt have enough depth. Stop with the blaming, EVERY year, EVERY team has to fill holes.

You crack me up...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN, when your argument holds no water, bring out the personal attacks.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, NEVER EVER try and say a loss to IAST isnt bad, yet again they open the season with a loss to a 1AA team.