• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Angels @ Mariners - August 10 - August 13

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you can say they have no freaking clue how to manage games in a playoff race.

If I were the GM I would walk into the dugout and fire Servais on the spot. Right now. Before the game is over. He doesn't deserve to be a MLB manager. Guy has cost the M's too many wins with his dumbass moves.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a mangers loss, period ... Diaz is your closer, now he's thrown a shit ton of pitches and you don't have a closer for the rest of this series... His arm is a noodle right now, using him way too much .... Now this will probably hurt his confidence as a young player...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean it isn't normal to let a closer walk 3 straight guys and still let him face one of the most dangerous hitters in the game after that? :noidea:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you can say they have no freaking clue how to manage games in a playoff race.
You can also say they have no clue how to pitch

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they lost their last viable starter... again... and showed their manager still has no damned clue how to manage a game.

Thank god it's football season again.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also say they have no clue how to pitch

Diaz never should have been in there. He's thrown 41 pitches in the last 2 days with only 23 strikes. He had major control issues against Oakland, but still managed to get the saves. What he needed after that was a night off, not to be thrown back in there and once he walked the first two batters he should have been taken out. He definitely should have been taken out after walking Maybin ahead of Trout. I mean it's not like the Mariners have a guy who has a home ERA of 0.00 this year or anything. Diaz definitely wasn't on tonight. But he hasn't been for awhile. If I know it, Servais sure as hell should have. And then Diaz proved he didn't have it with all the walks and apparently Servais was too busy shoving his thumb up his ass in the dugout to notice.

I'm so fucking sick of that idiot. He also managed to get Paxton hurt having him throw 110 pitches. The guy is so fucking retarded I actually get dumber watching Mariners games.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean it isn't normal to let a closer walk 3 straight guys and still let him face one of the most dangerous hitters in the game after that? :noidea:

Diaz never should have been in there. He's thrown 41 pitches in the last 2 days with only 23 strikes. He had major control issues against Oakland, but still managed to get the saves. What he needed after that was a night off, not to be thrown back in there and once he walked the first two batters he should have been taken out. He definitely should have been taken out after walking Maybin ahead of Trout. I mean it's not like the Mariners have a guy who has a home ERA of 0.00 this year or anything. Diaz definitely wasn't on tonight. But he hasn't been for awhile. If I know it, Servais sure as hell should have. And then Diaz proved he didn't have it with all the walks and apparently Servais was too busy shoving his thumb up his ass in the dugout to notice.

I'm so fucking sick of that idiot. He also managed to get Paxton hurt having him throw 110 pitches. The guy is so fucking retarded I actually get dumber watching Mariners games.

M's always go cheap with Managers, I think it's fine to give a rookie manager a shot every so often, but the M's have been doing that over and over for way too long now... I was disappointed we didn't go out and get a proven guy when Dipoto was hired... Tonight wasn't the best decision making for sure..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's always go cheap with Managers, I think it's fine to give a rookie manager a shot every so often, but the M's have been doing that over and over for way too long now... I was disappointed we didn't go out and get a proven guy when Dipoto was hired... Tonight wasn't the best decision making for sure..

That is on DIPoto. He didn't want a real manager because he wanted to be in total control of personnel w/o anyone questioning him. Servais (as my 79 year old father-in-law says) looks like milk-toast. Always a whinny sourpuss look on his face. Give me anger or some other kind of emotion.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 second lookup:

Diaz in tied games: .295 avg against.
Diaz when ahead in game: .142 avg against
Diaz with 2 outs and runners in scoring position: .346 avg against

MANAGE THE FUCKING GAME!!!!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 second lookup:

Diaz in tied games: .295 avg against.
Diaz when ahead in game: .142 avg against
Diaz with 2 outs and runners in scoring position: .346 avg against

MANAGE THE FUCKING GAME!!!!!!

Oh and one stat I forgot: 13.50. As in ERA vs Angels this year and that was before tonight.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hideous game

not the most fun listening experience driving from spokane to kennewick

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais is a fucking dumbass. I've never been so irritated to witness a dumbass move like this all season... granted, he's made plenty of dumbass moves.

There's just no excuses for running Diaz to the ground like that in a tie ball game.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Robbie Cano tied for 9th most homeruns in MLB. This year he is tied for 58th.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Robbie Cano tied for 9th most homeruns in MLB. This year he is tied for 58th.

Don't think it's been talked about enough about what a poor year he's having. I think he's like 12th or 13th among 2nd baseman in WAR, so average. People rave about RBIs but who wouldn't have RBIs hitting behind Segura and Gamel with the way they were hitting before.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustrating thing is with Diaz, it's pretty easy to tell when he doesn't have it. Not to mention he threw 20+ pitches each of the last two days. Now you won't have him available tonight if you really need him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it's been talked about enough about what a poor year he's having. I think he's like 12th or 13th among 2nd baseman in WAR, so average. People rave about RBIs but who wouldn't have RBIs hitting behind Segura and Gamel with the way they were hitting before.
I agree. His RBI total is the only thing camouflaging his otherwise disappointing season. I don't think he is uninspired nor are his skills eroding from age. I think he is playing through pain much like he was in 2015. Servais should be resting him occasionally against LH starters and move Valencia to the third spot in the lineup.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustrating thing is with Diaz, it's pretty easy to tell when he doesn't have it. Not to mention he threw 20+ pitches each of the last two days. Now you won't have him available tonight if you really need him.

Exactly... now we don't have a closer available for the rest of this series, and he was doing a good job closing out games lately... Give him a break yesterday and his arm is rested and ready should we need him.. Just overall a bad decision, not sure WTF our skipper was thinking on this one...