• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: A's @ M's - April 13 - April 15

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think id rather have the run given up but be out of the inning
I am with you on that one. Said the same exact thing as soon as the challenge was called. If it was late innings and a tie game, then you challenge to give yourself a chance to get out of it unscathed...but 3-0 in the 3rd? I think it would have been more valuable to just give up the 1 and stop the inning. Same tradeoff you make with runners at the corners and no outs -- you give up that run for the double play every time. It all unraveled for Gonzo after that as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 straight wins, going for the sweep tomorrow, getting healthier, and offense seems to be productive up and down the order even w/o Mike Z & Gamel. Seager seems to be avoiding the prolonged slow start. Could stand fewer Ks by Vogey, but if he hits a HR every game then whatever. Some work to do with the pitching staff, but things definitely could be worse here. I'll take 8-4.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean outside of Diaz we really have no pitching talent (collectively and in the prime of their career). I've always liked Paxton but the dude just can't consistently stay healthy.

I said it before on this forum, we're basically the mid 90s Mariners all over again. Ridiculous line up, no pitching. IF the Ms make the playoffs (way too early) we'll get demolished once we run into a good rotation. Good pitching wins Championships, and we just don't have it.

Agreed. I still want to see them make it though. That's also what disappointed me so much about the 2014 Mariners. They had some of the best pitching MLB had seen in the previous 30 years. That was a pitching staff that seriously could have contended for a World Series. But of course the offense blew chunks because the Mariners can't have a good offense and good pitching at the same time apparently.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the longest home run to RF I have ever seen at Safeco. He got all his weight behind that one.

Funny you say that.

I literally just sent the video of that HR to one of my friends and said I don't think I've ever seen a ball hit above the Hit it Here Cafe before.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that.

I literally just sent the video of that HR to one of my friends and said I don't think I've ever seen a ball hit above the Hit it Here Cafe before.

I kept telling my wife that when he hit it. I have seen them hit off the glass, but never above it. Cruz said it best, "WOW!"

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept telling my wife that when he hit it. I have seen them hit off the glass, but never above it. Cruz said it best, "WOW!"

Nelson Cruz's reaction was priceless. Seems like the team has had great chemistry this year. Although winning will definitely do that for you.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only someone would have suggested not overreacting to Kyle Seager's first 4 games of the season

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only someone would have suggested not overreacting to Kyle Seager's first 4 games of the season

Don't hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back too hard :L

Myself and everyone else has seen what Seager has done the past few games and gave him his due credit

Anyone know if there are any over / under Vegas prop bets on how many batted balls Ichiro actually hits past the infield every game ?

And yea Ichiro is my new whippin' boy ... you wanna be his public defender too ? :yes:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still taking the over on .260/25! :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see....Mariners Row....Seattle Lumber Co.....gonna have to get a nickname for this offense at some point maybe? Tough to find the hole anywhere in the lineup once Z & Gamel are back. Wow.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a hole, but if Ichiro is in said line up, it won't be a hole, but rather a CANYON in that line up. :laugh3::juggle:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a hole, but if Ichiro is in said line up, it won't be a hole, but rather a CANYON in that line up. :laugh3::juggle:
I think his AB will be few and far between when Gamel returns. Unless we see more injuries.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I will publicly admit that I was totally down on Seager-even knowing that in the past his offensive April starts were nothing to get excited about. He's on a good roll right now, as well as is most of the top of the line up. I don't think the M's have lost a series yet this season and Seager's recent contribution to the offense is more than welcome. My main concern at this point is that the top of the line up doesn't go off their streak all at the same time. Hoping to bring out the broom today. :hope: :yes: