• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Twins 4/5, 4/7, 4/8

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy start to the season... Seems like I haven't been able to watch many games so far due to them being played earlier than normal to start the first 2 weeks of their season and now the postponing of the game today... Also, crazy that after today, others in their division will have played 3 or 4 more games than them already...
We're kind of behind the 8 ball in our division. Coming into Sunday, the M's have played 7 games and the other teams in our division have played either 9 or 10 games. Crazy how the schedule was put together for 2018, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised I guess? :noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy start to the season... Seems like I haven't been able to watch many games so far due to them being played earlier than normal to start the first 2 weeks of their season and now the postponing of the game today... Also, crazy that after today, others in their division will have played 3 or 4 more games than them already...

I know Jerry complained about it last year about the Mariners needed more time off because of traveling further than any other team but I don't get the scheduling at all. It's a blessing because the injuries but can't imagine the players like not getting in routine or the fact they are playing so many afternoon games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Healy twisted the ankle doing a post-game workout yesterday. These injuries are just beyond the pale, but they've also become expected to happen. I guess we may see if Vogelbach's spring carries over.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Healy twisted the ankle doing a post-game workout yesterday. These injuries are just beyond the pale, but they've also become expected to happen. I guess we may see if Vogelbach's spring carries over.
I am sure hoping Vogelbach can keep it going. He has done ok so far, only 15 AB's but he has looked pretty good for the most part.

The injuries are a pain. With Healy he was starting to put some good swings on the ball too, so this set back is unfortunate. Be nice to get him going sooner rather than later. He should be a big part of the offense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure hoping Vogelbach can keep it going. He has done ok so far, only 15 AB's but he has looked pretty good for the most part.

The injuries are a pain. With Healy he was starting to put some good swings on the ball too, so this set back is unfortunate. Be nice to get him going sooner rather than later. He should be a big part of the offense.
My concerns with Vogelbach: 1) his defense isn't that good, and 2) Ks....6 whiffs in 16 PA so far.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais said Healy twisted his ankle doing plyometric exercises in the weight room following Saturday's game, in which he broke out of a 1-for-21 start to his season with a three-run double in the eighth inning.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais said Healy twisted his ankle doing plyometric exercises in the weight room following Saturday's game, in which he broke out of a 1-for-21 start to his season with a three-run double in the eighth inning.

I had to google it myself ( these look like really risky moves for a 6'5 225 lb dude to perform )

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to google it myself ( these look like really risky moves for a 6'5 225 lb dude to perform )

I use to workout 6 days a week 7 years ago and did plyo among other things. I was in my early 40's and it isn't the easiest thing on a body. Great workout, but risky moves for sure.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to remove the bad luck trident from their uniforms and go with a new look.

d78eb615bd82b4141c5c888af2abdaf5--symbols-with-meaning-runes-meaning.jpg

The bottom left would be my choice for this team...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like our infamous Dr. who was brought on board to curtail the number of injuries and work to assist players to be in good physical condition might need to take another look @ the problem injuries players are dealing with ie: Zunino, Cruz, Gamel etc. Coincidence? Anyone's guess I would think.:noidea:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like our infamous Dr. who was brought on board to curtail the number of injuries and work to assist players to be in good physical condition might need to take another look @ the problem injuries players are dealing with ie: Zunino, Cruz, Gamel etc. Coincidence? Anyone's guess I would think.:noidea:

some of these do look like more normal start of season injury stuff happens ..minor stuff that players get over fairly quickly.. there has been a lot though

yeah.. they should have just played romine or motter and heredia( instead of hiring ichiro( a step backwards)and not bringing up perkins)...and playing vogey has been good though..but it is good to see what your backups can do....that is what they are there for...time to end spring...training...lol

really nice problems to have ...but they will have to get on to the bull pen ..prob soon..we will see

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next time play in seattle in april..and in minnesota in may is ok......lololololol..on mlb

well then on to K C..i remember john maybarry hitting a grand salamy there once
ohh well so much for..history..always a nice water feature.even then...lol

then.. As ..next weekend and astro next week..see ya then and there..lol

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of these do look like more normal start of season injury stuff happens ..minor stuff that players get over fairly quickly.. there has been a lot though

yeah.. they should have just played romine or motter and heredia( instead of hiring ichiro( a step backwards)and not bringing up perkins)...and playing vogey has been good though..but it is good to see what your backups can do....that is what they are there for...time to end spring...training...lol

really nice problems to have ...but they will have to get on to the bull pen ..prob soon..we will see
They might be considered "minor stuff" but going on the 10+DL to me should not be a "minor stuff" happening. I could be wrong about this but it seems to me that professional athletes should be in better physical condition coming into Spring Training and ST should only be supplementing that physical training/conditioning. I would think sprains and strains etc. just make me think pre-season conditioning is not occurring at the necessary level to avoid those kinds of issues and the hiring of a Doctor specifically to avoid that "minor stuff" does not seem to be helping. Just my opinion is all.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaahh ...any time ya have 40-50 guys doing a physical job..stuff like that happens..sometimes more..sometimes less...and anytime your coming off vacation..it takes time to get in real shape..cuz yeah... ya workout in the off season but its just not the same..always took me 10-15 days for the job i was doing ..not the same but still physical

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be considered "minor stuff" but going on the 10+DL to me should not be a "minor stuff" happening. I could be wrong about this but it seems to me that professional athletes should be in better physical condition coming into Spring Training and ST should only be supplementing that physical training/conditioning. I would think sprains and strains etc. just make me think pre-season conditioning is not occurring at the necessary level to avoid those kinds of issues and the hiring of a Doctor specifically to avoid that "minor stuff" does not seem to be helping. Just my opinion is all.

The hiring of a professional at prevention is idiotic and a waste of money. But the injuries aren't a big deal just like most other sports. Just other sports you don't need to go on the DL for it. Football, you can sit out all week and play once then sit out a week again, basketball you'd miss one game then sit out a week. It's the one down side of playing every day.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concerns with Vogelbach: 1) his defense isn't that good, and 2) Ks....6 whiffs in 16 PA so far.

I anticipate that Vogelbach will be a high K high BB type player.

He takes a lot of pitches and really works the count.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anticipate that Vogelbach will be a high K high BB type player.

He takes a lot of pitches and really works the count.

That is one thing I don't mind about the new analytic nerds who have never played a sport in their life. They accept strikeouts are a part of baseball. I don't agree with them that a strikeout is better than a sac bunt or hitting behind a runner but strikeouts, to me, aren't a big concern if the guy is a run producer.