• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS @ RAMS 12/02/12

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pre-dict-able.

Skip Bayless: 49ers loss is on Harbaugh (for not giving Kaep the job, making him play tentative QB) and on DWalker (for dropping the winning TD pass).

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as CK goes I was expecting him to have a rough game or two before the season was over but he got 0 help from the playcalling.

Slants were open all day long and we barely exploited them and we kept running into a brick wall instead of calling for more passing plays.

Yup agree. Some of those runs were getting really frustrating. Our passing was working pretty well and should have been used more. Other then the big 23 yrd run by Gore, we pretty much had nothing.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok get this one thing straight please. THE SAFETY WAS NOT HIS FAULT. IT WASN'T A SAFETY. THE REFS BLEW THE CALL.

They did blow the call, but the QB has no business being that far behind the LOS in his own endzone in the first place.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Could we possibly do any worse with AJ Jenkins? It remains to be seen, but I'm willing to take my chances with him as opposed to an overrated player from OSU who was drafted way too high and has not done a whole lot to significantly impact the teams he has played for.

Agreed. He hasn't done a thing for us this year. He cost us 7 points last week, and his actions on the recovery this week has an argument for 7 more. though Kaep is too blame as well.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They did blow the call, but the QB has no business being that far behind the LOS in his own endzone in the first place.

ok, but him being where you son't wont him to be, does not give the rams two points. The refs, screwing up, gives the rams two points.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok get this one thing straight please. THE SAFETY WAS NOT HIS FAULT. IT WASN'T A SAFETY. THE REFS BLEW THE CALL.

True, but just the effort alone receives at least a demotion. We're supposed to be a Championship caliber team, and that type of play doesn't set the tone for a team that wants it.

I have half the skills of Ted Ginn and a small portion of professional football knowledge compared to him but I would have known to go for a loose ball.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He hasn't done a thing for us this year. He cost us 7 points last week, and his actions on the recovery this week has an argument for 7 more. though Kaep is too blame as well.

You could argue it was 8 since they scored a 2 pointer on that one.

Bono on the Point After is saying Alex should be the guy to go now.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could we possibly do any worse with AJ Jenkins? It remains to be seen, but I'm willing to take my chances with him as opposed to an overrated player from OSU who was drafted way too high and has not done a whole lot to significantly impact the teams he has played for.

None of that pertains to the 49ers. And it's pretty debatable if he's overrated as a receiver. I think it's pretty well documented where he is at as a receiver and why coaches continue to play him and not Jenkins at this point. I don't have any problem with their judgement on either player, but that's just me.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but just the effort alone receives at least a demotion. We're supposed to be a Championship caliber team, and that type of play doesn't set the tone for a team that wants it.

I have half the skills of Ted Ginn and a small portion of professional football knowledge compared to him but I would have known to go for a loose ball.

Well said on the 2nd part. Ginn not only is overrated, but his football instincts are lackluster at best.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go grind up 35lbs of venison. At least i can take my frustration out on that...

Got a bunch in my freezer. This will be my first time trying Deer Brats. I've had it in alot of other forms so it should be interesting.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a bad call for sure, but it was a dumb move by hiim running back 13 yards to the end zone to escape pressure.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the qb had to at least throw it past the line of scrimmage? I couldn't tell cuz I was at the bar but I thought if a qb is to throw it away he needs to throw it past the line of scrimmage?

Any help in this?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that pertains to the 49ers. And it's pretty debatable if he's overrated as a receiver. I think it's pretty well documented where he is at as a receiver and why coaches continue to play him and not Jenkins at this point. I don't have any problem with their judgement on either player, but that's just me.

I don't know - he beat out a rookie who has yet to play a single down in the NFL, but yet is not the go to guy and is behind Crabby, Manningham, Moss, and heck, even Bruce Miller has more receptions and yards than Ginn. If the guy has 1 reception for the season with less than 1 yard, how worse can AJ be at this point?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know - he beat out a rookie who has yet to play a single down in the NFL, but yet is not the go to guy and is behind Crabby, Manningham, Moss, and heck, even Bruce Miller has more receptions and yards than Ginn. If the guy has 1 reception for the season with less than 1 yard, how worse can AJ be at this point?

He has 2 catches now after that one-handed twisting backwards catch he had today.

boom.. 2 catches!!

but yeah, I'd rather see Jenkins.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After he put the Rams.... wait I have to re-word this. After he gave the Rams the tie. He never should have been in a situation to lead us to a late victory. He put himself in that situation. If not for the safety and the pitch to China there is no 2 Aker's missed FG's or Walker dropped TD passes. The game would have just been over or at the very least should have been with the Rams have little time left to drive the field for a TD just to tie.

Ugh why did he have to turn it over there. This is just going to start another week of QB controversy.

That's ridiculous. I didn't hear you say that when you were pimping Alex Smith's game against the Saints. He played terribly for the majority of that game. If he didn't, we wouldn't have needed his comeback. Or is that different?

And like I said, I'd be more concerned if the two plays were not anomalies. Really, is that gonna happen again anytime soon? I doubt it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just those two huge gaffes that defined Kaepernick's game today. It was his almost total failing on almost every drive during the game. He played poorly and showed very poor recognition of defenses.

Our entire offense failed. OL, running game (CK7 did lead us in rushing BTW), and it was the worst game of the season in terms of game-plan and play calling.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Whether or not he has no business being there is irrelevant. It was a BLOWN call. Simple as. You're downplaying the error of the ref and uplaying a Kaep mistake. That is bullshit bias, considering the refs are responsible for being objective.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the qb had to at least throw it past the line of scrimmage? I couldn't tell cuz I was at the bar but I thought if a qb is to throw it away he needs to throw it past the line of scrimmage?

Any help in this?

Mke Perrira explained during the game, when a qb rolls outsidethe pocket the los extends to out of bounds. The replay clearly showed that the pass went out of bounds, a couple of yards past the los. Bad call by the refs.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm willing to put my trust in Harbaugh and Roman right now that there are valid reasons why Ginn continued to be put in those spots over Jenkins.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you wre confused? The first part of his post was pertaining to the bad call on Kaeps safety, on the replay it was clearly not a safety, the ball went past the l.o.s.