• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS @ RAMS 12/02/12

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have learned after the first matchup.

I hope Akers doesn't return next week. He needs to go, and possibly Ginn as well.

True. Different set of circumstances this game, tho.
Last game had a built in excuse with Alex out.

And they learned not to let Sjax run over them. The defense only gave up 3 points to this chump team and their G's field goal came after special teams missed a kick.

The offense and special teams (Ginn's return game was on existent) were the let down.

The offensive line had no answer to the Rams rush.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go grind up 35lbs of venison. At least i can take my frustration out on that...

You hunt?

A friend of mine went a month ago and made the best Italian venison sausage I've ever had. A bit gamey but a good gamey.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did blow the call, but the QB has no business being that far behind the LOS in his own endzone in the first place.

15 yards

Good point.

It's one of the risks of Kaep since his dropbacks tend to be deeper than Alex's. Kaep gets a plus for pocket presence but a neg for field position presence.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh. Don't say that on this board. They will plot on you and attempt to overwhem you with propaganda. They're going to want to crucify you. :lm:

lol did you see when he posted? I think that was sarcasm and the post is taken out of context.

Last edited by a moderator:

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just half to say as a Rams fan it always good to beat the whiners.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 yards

Good point.

It's one of the risks of Kaep since his dropbacks tend to be deeper than Alex's. Kaep gets a plus for pocket presence but a neg for field position presence.

15 yard dropback from the 17 yard line was ok, the remaining 8-10 yards of his scramble set the refs up to screw us. Damn replacement refs. What would the real refs have done? ;)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, my biggest concerns right now are all the injuries we've had the last two weeks and our kicker. Those scare me more than any of the other noise out there.

yep, was willing to see how it goes on Akers, game by game? but now that he missed a game winner again, change kickers. if we're going to change kickers, it makes sense to do it now cause as mentioned last week, it also affects the holder. work on it before the play-offs.

Akers isn't to blame 100%, cause as already mentioned the play calling went too conservative. but part of the play calling is knowing your kicker is good, and can hit it with the game on the line. the reason we fans want to hang onto to him is last years performance, knowing how good he was last year. but this is this year and it ain't working.

didn't they flash a stat where he has missed more than half of his kicks 40 yards and more? whatever Akers is going thru, we can't just keep HOPING he snaps out of it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 yards

Good point.

His situational presence is fine - Fisher brought 7 and blew-up the middle and right edge. We had no hot called and Kap was unable to even get set; and even if he were able to get set he had not one receiver to throw to.

The only play Kap had was to reach depth and hit the deck - but as we all know that is not (yet) in his instinctual vocabulary.

Gore didn't help matters either. After getting blown-up on the edge he then hung around until the other pursuing lineman covered him up. If Gore had his instincts working on that play he would have peeled to the outside where he had two blockers and, oh, I don't know, about 87 yards of open field.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His situational presence is fine - Fisher brought 7 and blew-up the middle and right edge. We had no hot called and Kap was unable to even get set; and even if he were able to get set he had not one receiver to throw to.

The only play Kap had was to reach depth and hit the deck - but as we all know that is not (yet) in his instinctual vocabulary.

Gore didn't help matters either. After getting blown-up on the edge he then hung around until the other pursuing lineman covered him up. If Gore had his instincts working on that play he would have peeled to the outside where he had two blockers and, oh, I don't know, about 87 yards of open field.

The "play" is never run 20 yards straight back into the endzone and put yourself in a position to be sacked for a safety or leave it up to the officials.

It was a bad play. Period. His only defense is that he's a young player still learning the ropes and he's bound to make some mistakes like that from time to time.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "play" is never run 20 yards straight back into the endzone and put yourself in a position to be sacked for a safety or leave it up to the officials.

It was a bad play. Period. His only defense is that he's a young player still learning the ropes and he's bound to make some mistakes like that from time to time.

Did you quote my post by mistake? Because, I don't see where I even as much as hinted that it wasn't a bad play. Actually it was a great defensive play.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I get it, it was an unfortunate play. But credit goes to the Rams. They did a great job of disguising their blitz and we didn't pick it up and we were unable to protect and escape the pursuit.

It won't be the first time Kap is going to get nailed for a deep sack as those are the occasional risks for the many rewards that come from having a QB with the ability to extend plays.

The following is an excerpt of Harbaugh's comments today as it relates to the aforementioned play:

"They ran a blitz that we didn't have picked-up it was a late disguise by them. They got pressure right up the middle, right in Colin's face and he's gotta react and that's what he did. He retreated and was able to get out of the pocket and throw the ball out of bounds..."

"Would that be considered a young mistake by Colin to be in the end zone there or is that just an NFL play that just happens?"

"That's a good way to put it, that's just an NFL play that happens and his reaction was pretty darn good. When you see the trouble he got out of, he managed that play about as well as he could have"

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its inhuman.

Actually, it's very human. It's part of our inherent nature. Look back at all the cultures in history.

Because you'd rather get your food from an animal that been raised in small pen for its entire life for slaughter makes you an elevated person?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you quote my post by mistake? Because, I don't see where I even as much as hinted that it wasn't a bad play. Actually it was a great defensive play.

The linebacker pursuing the play made the difference. Ultimately just gotta give credit to that rams pass rush

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two linebackers pursuing the play made the difference. Ultimately just gotta give credit to that rams pass rush

Fify and I agree! Winning football games is about winning individual plays and the Rams simply won that play.