• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Carolina

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsure what Steve Smith's status is for the game but if he's out that obviously makes it that much tougher for Carolina. Elimates the issues the Niners have with banged up corners

Rivera said he would be back at full strength.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera said he would be back at full strength.

Good news then. Obviously. I know he had PCL injury so I wasnt sure he would be back. Hopefully injuries wont determine these matchups.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news then. Obviously. I know he had PCL injury so I wasnt sure he would be back. Hopefully injuries wont determine these matchups.

We need him bad - our production at #1 fell off the cliff against ATL. LaFell had 5 targets, with nada. Completed 15 passes, 11 to 2 Rb's and our TE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those prima donna QB's make me sick anyway. Give me a tough-looking tatted up guy like Kaep. LOL. If the Niners can't win it, I'd rather see Russell Wilson or Cam Newton get a ring because I know that if one of certain "traditional" quarterbacks win it, all you will hear in the offseason from certain people is that a "running" quarterback can't win the Super Bowl.

Damn it now I have to give a 49er poster a thumbs up. Getting serious, I 've always enjoyed a hard hitting defense and a running attack that chews up the clock. Got to have a decent QB, but it's a team sport...takes more then one guy...also being a mobile QB is the way the league is moving to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need him bad - our production at #1 fell off the cliff against ATL. LaFell had 5 targets, with nada. Completed 15 passes, 11 to 2 Rb's and our TE.

Dang it, don't get me nervous, I see the Panthers winning this game....give me your reasons why that will happen. Come on ...let it out, don't be modest!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will come down to keeping Kap in the pocket and making him beat them with his arm. He had the nice throw on the TD to Davis today but a majority of his damage was done outside the pocket. Those ends (Johnson and Hardy) staying disciplined on their rushes and Keuchly spying Kap will be what it comes down to IMO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will come down to keeping Kap in the pocket and making him beat them with his arm. He had the nice throw on the TD to Davis today but a majority of his damage was done outside the pocket. Those ends (Johnson and Hardy) staying disciplined on their rushes and Keuchly spying Kap will be what it comes down to IMO.

We were without Crabtree and Aldon Smith when we played them last time. Our offense is much more balanced with Crabtree so I see us with the advantage offensively, but that is somewhat negated by the fact that it is an away game. Defensively, they are similar in their approach. It should be a good one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were without Crabtree and Aldon Smith when we played them last time. Our offense is much more balanced with Crabtree so I see us with the advantage offensively, but that is somewhat negated by the fact that it is an away game. Defensively, they are similar in their approach. It should be a good one.

Agreed. Will be a good game... Carolina is a totally different beast upfront defensively.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Niners are fairly pissed with the way the schedule worked out for this game. They will fly back to SanFran, practice a couple days, then they have to fly all the way out east and play an early morning game. WTF is up with the NFL schedulers?? Why would they schedule that game for a 10 a.m. Pacific start? I mean there are only two games that day so it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out a way to start later.

I'd be mad if I were a 9er fan, but screw 'em. If it was reversed they'd be telling us we should have won the division if we didn't want to travel.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Niners are fairly pissed with the way the schedule worked out for this game. They will fly back to SanFran, practice a couple days, then they have to fly all the way out east and play an early morning game. WTF is up with the NFL schedulers?? Why would they schedule that game for a 10 a.m. Pacific start? I mean there are only two games that day so it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out a way to start later.

I'd be mad if I were a 9er fan, but screw 'em. If it was reversed they'd be telling us we should have won the division if we didn't want to travel.

Yeah i talked about this last year. When the Hawks had to play that 10am game after playing the Redskins the week before i was miffed. You got 2 games per day not 16. Every game can be played on or around prime time. Don't do the 10am 1pm shit from the season because during the season you also did 5pm games. Just flat out DROP those 10am starts and stop giving an unfair advantage to the East coast teams.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I expect the 9ers to win this game mainly due to the fact the 9ers are just better offensively.

Carolina's 3 worst offensive games this season have come against the Seahawks, Cardinals, and 9ers where they've scored 10 and under in each of those games.

Considering those are 3 of the top defenses in the league and are similarly built it shows they do struggle mightily offensively against great defenses.

Looking at the 9ers on offense they'll have Crabtree and Davis (who got knocked out in their 1st meeting) which is going to open things up more then it was in the 1st matchup.

And overall the 9ers are just playing better football than they did when the teams met up for the 1st time.

I expect a low scoring game but I think it will be a 20-13ish kind of game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the 9ers to win this game mainly due to the fact the 9ers are just better offensively.

Carolina's 3 worst offensive games this season have come against the Seahawks, Cardinals, and 9ers where they've scored 10 and under in each of those games.

Considering those are 3 of the top defenses in the league and are similarly built it shows they do struggle mightily offensively against great defenses.

Looking at the 9ers on offense they'll have Crabtree and Davis (who got knocked out in their 1st meeting) which is going to open things up more then it was in the 1st matchup.

And overall the 9ers are just playing better football than they did when the teams met up for the 1st time.

I expect a low scoring game but I think it will be a 20-13ish kind of game.

I agree the Niners are playing well and have their weapons now, but remember, the Panthers are also playing well. They are 6-1 since playing you and 11-1 out of their last 12. They have won 7 straight at home. This is going to be a great game to watch because I like watching defensive football. It will be a field position battle and may hinge on a big play or two or a turnover. Special Teams for both teams better be ready because James or Ginn can change the game with a good return. Tough 1pm EST start time for the Niners though. I will go with 16-13 Panthers.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is going to have to step his game up if SF has any chance of winning in Carolina. He almost blew the game in GB a couple of times against a defense that was awful. I just can't see SF winning next week after watching that GB game.

Week 17 SF also needed a last second fg and in week 16 they almost blew the game before Matt Ryan threw a tipped ball in the redzone that turned into a pick six. I don't think SF is nearly as scary as all the talking heads seem to think they are.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaep is going to have to step his game up if SF has any chance of winning in Carolina. He almost blew the game in GB a couple of times against a defense that was awful. I just can't see SF winning next week after watching that GB game.

Week 17 SF also needed a last second fg and in week 16 they almost blew the game before Matt Ryan threw a tipped ball in the redzone that turned into a pick six. I don't think SF is nearly as scary as all the talking heads seem to think they are.

A lot of what happened yesterday won't be factors in next week's game. Bitterly cold weather always plays great defense and Aaron Rodgers only throwing for 177 yards is a testament to that.

Also this is the 4th time in two years the teams have played each other so it's almost like playing a divisional opponent where they play each other tough because there is a familiarity between them.

And when it comes to the Falcon's game it was a good game by the Falcons. Carolina barely beat them as well the following week and the Falcons aren't as bad as the record indicates.

It would be like me saying the Seahawks are overrated because they needed OT to beat the Bucs at home and they lost to the Cardinals at home even with a +2 turnover differential.

In the NFL you're going to lose games and have tough wins that talent dictate you should win easily.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree the Niners are playing well and have their weapons now, but remember, the Panthers are also playing well. They are 6-1 since playing you and 11-1 out of their last 12. They have won 7 straight at home. This is going to be a great game to watch because I like watching defensive football. It will be a field position battle and may hinge on a big play or two or a turnover. Special Teams for both teams better be ready because James or Ginn can change the game with a good return. Tough 1pm EST start time for the Niners though. I will go with 16-13 Panthers.

Agreed that the Panthers are playing well which is why I do think it'll be a tough defensive battle but ultimately I just think SF has the edge on offense which is why I think they'll edge out the Panthers.

The home field advantage and start time help the Panthers but Carolina is like Candlestick in that the home field advantage doesn't even come close to approaching the 12th man, Superdome, or New England and Lambeau in Dec/Jan.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have pointed out, we didn't have Crabtree in the first meeting and he makes a huge difference in the offense and in Kaepernick's comfort level in general. No doubt it will be a tough game for both teams, but now watch it turns into a 35-34 shootout! I wouldn't read too much into the struggles yesterday for SF, it was record breaking cold there, it's amazing anyone could do anything out there, let alone throw or catch the ball.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to come down to which QB does a better job. Cam or Kaep. My money is on Cam.

As good as Cam is, he doesn't have the horses that Kaep has to win this game. Panthers D is going to need to force a TO and take it back for 6 and that could be the difference for the Panthers winning. We all know at least 1 or 2 of Kaep's passes will have a chance for a pick 6 but can the Panthers capitalize on it unlike the Packers, we shall see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Cam is, he doesn't have the horses that Kaep has to win this game. Panthers D is going to need to force a TO and take it back for 6 and that could be the difference for the Panthers winning. We all know at least 1 or 2 of Kaep's passes will have a chance for a pick 6 but can the Panthers capitalize on it unlike the Packers, we shall see.

I do think the 49ers have more weapons on offense, but I think Panthers are better on defense. The 49er pass rush isn't what it once was and it's a home game for the Panthers. My money is on the Panthers.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is really hard to predict, the 49ers are on the road, no bye, after an emotional win, but they have Crabtree back. The 49er defense held GB to 20 points, so they should be able to do well against the Panthers. I think if the 49ers can score more than 17 points they win.