• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Carolina

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I dont think either team scores over 20. It should be a blood bath and thats good news for the Hawks/Saints. In addition to a game that will likely be very physical, the winner gets a day less rest which could be huge.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I do think the 49ers have more weapons on offense, but I think Panthers are better on defense. The 49er pass rush isn't what it once was and it's a home game for the Panthers. My money is on the Panthers.

The gap between the defenses is smaller than the gap between the offenses.

In terms of scoring the Panthers and 9ers are ranked 2 and 3 respectively on defense.

In terms of offenses the 9ers are ranked 11th compared to the Panthers 18th in scoring. That number is slightly misleading because the difference in points is less than 3 with the 9ers at 25.4 and the Panthers at 22.9 so it's not a massive difference by any means.

But delving even deeper the 9ers play in the NFC West which in terms of scoring defenses features the 1st ranked team in Seattle, the 7th ranked Cardinals (which should've been even better if Palmer and the offense wasn't a turnover machine.), and the 13th ranked Rams. Not to mention they played the Panthers with the 2nd ranked and the Saints with the 4th ranked scoring defenses.

Of course that means the Panthers 22.9 a little more impressive considering they played the NFC West but the 9ers and by extension Seattle with 26.1 even more impressive since half of their games came against top notch defenses. Not to mention the 9ers were missing Crabtree nearly 3 quarters of the season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carolina.

That GB defense is not good and if not for a few long runs, SF probably loses that game. You're not going to break long runs on Carolina like that. Kap looked like he looked in that Atlanta game, held on to the ball and stared down receivers against a team that really had a very basic defensive game plan. Carolina will bring tons of pressure and force him to go elsewhere with the ball than where he wants to go. Cam doesn't have much firepower around him but he is more dynamic and can take what a defense gives him. I also like the Carolina run game against the niner defense more than I like the niner run game against Carolina's defense. I sense a relatively surprising ass kicking coming. 24-10.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carolina.

That GB defense is not good and if not for a few long runs, SF probably loses that game. You're not going to break long runs on Carolina like that. Kap looked like he looked in that Atlanta game, held on to the ball and stared down receivers against a team that really had a very basic defensive game plan. Carolina will bring tons of pressure and force him to go elsewhere with the ball than where he wants to go. Cam doesn't have much firepower around him but he is more dynamic and can take what a defense gives him. I also like the Carolina run game against the niner defense more than I like the niner run game against Carolina's defense. I sense a relatively surprising ass kicking coming. 24-10.

:agree:

Kaepernick is gonna have to step up his game in order for SF to have a chance. Not convinced he has it in him.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What GB tried and failed to do was contain Kaepernick and force him to the left of the field or sack him,rush etc because Kaepernick when forced to the left his completion % drops off significantly from a vid and stat showed last week.

Carolina will attempt to do that often.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that almost interception in the 4th? Left side.

Kaepernicks big run on that 3rd down,,Left side.

GB tried they just didnt have the rushers to execute.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In terms of scoring the Panthers and 9ers are ranked 2 and 3 respectively on defense.

In terms of offenses the 9ers are ranked 11th compared to the Panthers 18th in scoring. That number is slightly misleading because the difference in points is less than 3 with the 9ers at 25.4 and the Panthers at 22.9 so it's not a massive difference by any means.

But delving even deeper the 9ers play in the NFC West which in terms of scoring defenses features the 1st ranked team in Seattle, the 7th ranked Cardinals (which should've been even better if Palmer and the offense wasn't a turnover machine.), and the 13th ranked Rams. Not to mention they played the Panthers with the 2nd ranked and the Saints with the 4th ranked scoring defenses.

Of course that means the Panthers 22.9 a little more impressive considering they played the NFC West but the 9ers and by extension Seattle with 26.1 even more impressive since half of their games came against top notch defenses. Not to mention the 9ers were missing Crabtree nearly 3 quarters of the season.

I've always thought that points for and points against were a bad metric to compare two teams when you can easily look up yards for and yards against. On Defense Carolina gave up the 2nd fewest yards when SF gave up the fifth fewest.

Rushing D: Carolina ranked 2nd, SF ranked 5th. But teams rushed much less on Carolina than they did on SF (352 attempts to 385 attempts) and the two teams yards per attempt were both 4.0: PUSH

Passing D: Carolina ranked 6th, SF ranked 7th. But teams passed less on Carolina AND completed more passes against them (375/563, 66%, to SF's 345/585, 58%). This gives SF an edge on yard per attempt at 6.5 to Carolina's 6.8: SLIGHT EDGE TO SF (although having to play N.O. one more time than S.F. did may be enough to skew this in favor of SF)

This should be one hell of a game. The difference will be which team's offense shows up. Home field may be JUST enough to give Carolina an edge but then again the difference in the teams' playoffs experience may just give SF an edge.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In essence Kaepernick is kinda one dimensional aside from his running ability and he runs like a gazelle very long strides.

During the GB game i noticed he liked throwing to the middle,like the VD TD i think it is his favorite or most comfortable passing lane,but i also noticed he has got a lot better when plays break down and making decisions.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All may be valid, and all might not mean anything in this game, however you are missing the one thing that adds back to their side: Home field.

You can compare stats on the season (on two different schedules which makes them sort of moot), but if you honestly think SF is slightly above Carolina on a neutral field you have to tip that back playing on their turf. If this game was in SF I'd call it 49'ers all the way, but it isn't. I give just the slightest edge to Carolina because it is in their house and as you well know, playing at home amplifies your defensive effectiveness. Hell, GB's D was better against SF than it should have been and the weather was certainly part of that, but so was the home crowd.

This game could go either way and I'm not sure I really have decided who I'd like to see win it. On the one hand having Carolina take them out and having us win would give a lol factor that can't be ignored, but having even the possibility of a SF@Seattle NFC championship game is awesome too. If Seattle gets past the Saints facing either of those teams will bring a solid defense and an offense that commands respect.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, the two articles posted earlier were earlier in the year when Kaepernick didn't have Crabtree, he has been much better since then. Will it be enough on the road against a fantastic front 7 that has been resting? We'll see, but he's been playing much better since the Indy and Seattle games when these articles were written. As for "not having it in him" to step up, that's kind of silly, don't you think? Rag on his play all you want, but so far he has gone in and beat New England in Foxboro where they hadn't lost a game in December for about 10 years, led a comeback in the NFC Championship game on the road against Atlanta, came within 5 yards of the biggest comeback in Superbowl history, and last week drove down the field in frigid conditions to win the game. The guy has gotten spooked a little in Seattle, but he has the fire and will to lead his team, no question.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Carolina wins this game. But wouldn't be surprised if the ninners won.

It would be awesome to see a Seahawk 49er NFC championship game though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks Beat NO i would much rather face the 49ers. The Panthers have improved all season long, where as The 49ers have been pretty even keel. Right now i would say that the Panthers are the better team and more capable at beating Seattle in Seattle. The Panthers held Seattle to their 3rd lowest point total in the past 2 seasons and i believe are more than capable of doing it in Seattle.

Some times teams match up better against other teams and i believe the Panthers match up really well against the Hawks.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed with the competition that kraperdick has "improved" against. A lot of garbage teams, and one good game against a decent arizona team. his numbers were awful against the other good teams, carolina, NO, and us. except for his running, he didnt play that well against GB either and that team is garbage.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't come as a surprise that all of the SF fans on their thread about this game give no chance that they lose. I mean I understand confidence, but plenty of our base know that any team can win any of these games including our own. Why do I bring this up? Well they could be right. SF might win the game, but what if they don't? Those tears are going to be salty and tasty.

They have ever suggested it's a slam dunk for their game if the Saints win as they will have 'extra' motivation because they will get a home game vs them. So in other words, they aren't going to be giving it their all if Seattle wins? :noidea: If their intensity changes based on that outcome it would likely hurt them more than help them. Football today is about consistency and playing the same was you practice. Change that with emotion and mistakes happen. Penalties happen.

I do love reading their board though. Some call us arrogant and then none of them. NONE of them give Carolina any real chance of winning? :lol: Love that shit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners have Perrish Cox, and we all know that he's pretty efficient at crushing pussy, so I'll take the Niners over the Kitty Cats. :D