• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Carolina

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be a hell of a match up. Both solid defenses, both have dangerous but inconsistent offenses.

Expect more turnovers and low scores, but what is your take on the outcome of that game?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on the Panthers. 49ers are a team in the decline, yeah they manage a win against a Packer team that barely got into the playoffs, but the Panthers are so much more a complete team, then the Packers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a great game, I would expect it to be low scoring. Seahawks gotta take care of business on Saturday though or I will lose all interest.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it will come down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes. Both are going to be pressured the entire game and both are likely to fumble/throw picks. Both are going to struggle to run so whichever QB can make the fewest mistakes will win. My gut tells me that will be Carolina, but it really could go either way.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on the Panthers. 49ers are a team in the decline, yeah they manage a win against a Packer team that barely got into the playoffs, but the Panthers are so much more a complete team, then the Packers.

Explain how the panthers are a more complete team. all stats both offensive and defensive are almost identical. When Carolina came to SF they won 10-9 and they were completely healthy and the niners had no crabtree this time around cam will be missing steve smith and the niners are healthy.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also I guess a team riding a 7 game winning streak in which they beat the seahawks, cardinals, and the packers in those games and won 12 out of 14 games with the 2 loses by a combine 4 pts is considered a decline to you but a seahawks team who lost 2 of their last 4 games and sat at home not playing this week are on an incline???

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not guaranteeing a win against Carolina by any means but to classify the Packers as a team that barely got in the playoffs is a bit misleading. Although true, they were missing Aaron Rodgers for the majority of their loses. He played great and is much like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in that any team with him has a good shot at winning bc what he can do himself.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how the panthers are a more complete team. all stats both offensive and defensive are almost identical. When Carolina came to SF they won 10-9 and they were completely healthy and the niners had no crabtree this time around cam will be missing steve smith and the niners are healthy.

When I said a more complete team, I was comparing the Packers and Panthers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also I guess a team riding a 7 game winning streak in which they beat the seahawks, cardinals, and the packers in those games and won 12 out of 14 games with the 2 loses by a combine 4 pts is considered a decline to you but a seahawks team who lost 2 of their last 4 games and sat at home not playing this week are on an incline???

I love that people keep bringing up that Seattle lost two of their last four games. You do realize there wasn't anything on either of those games and both were lost by less than a TD right? Whether we like it or not Seattle played a very soft and conservative offense over that stretch and said as much. They would rather let their defense dominate the game and just play to not make turnovers on offense. I don't agree with it, but that's what they have been doing. Will they stick with that now that prime time is here? I sure hope not, but it's not like we had devastating losses with it.

5 of the last 6 SB winners lost at least 2 games in the month of December. This notion that the hot team going into the playoffs has any advantage just hasn't proven to be true.

I still think Kaepernick struggles against solid pass rush teams and this isn't going to be an easy game for them. They didn't play well against that defense at home and now have to do it on the road with the fans into it as well. That really doesn't bode well for them, crabtree or not.

Right now I still give a slight edge to Carolina, but I'm looking forward to it either way. I don't expect it to be a blow out either way.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stick to moderating your board, bro. We are better than the team that lost.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold is letting fantasy overtake reality. You guys just worry about beating the Saints, again.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalm_facepalm.png

imgres

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how the 49ers fans can come here (how they FLOCK HERE) after their win and try to talk trash with us and we are cool with it. Yet when I go to the 49ers forum and simply say that Seattle won the division, 49ers lost the game, I am permanently banned

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay's defense sucks without Matthews in there. I really hope SF doesn't think that because they squeaked out a win against a team they should have killed means they'll handle Carolina's defense easily. That game will be a much tougher battle than the Keystone Cops GB has in their secondary

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really man, he already said he was comparing the panthers to packers, not packers to SF so your comment was already clarified by him before you made it. I mean I realize he should have typed THAN instead of THEN, but I easily understood what he was saying in that first post so I don't accept that you didn't.

I don't believe anyone thinks GB is as good as SF right now. His point was SF barely won by a last second FG against a team that isn't nearly as solid as the team they now must travel to face. Is that clear enough?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no convo. The Niners won, did they not? I love being negged for no reason.