• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Seahawks II

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"The last time the 49ers made a big statement -- their win over the Cowboys -- they took a three-week mental vacation and lost three in a row."

Legitimate concern and IMO there WILL be a letdown, but the question is................how big of a letdown? It helps that the game is at Levi's vice Seattle, else this would be a much bigger concern. The 49ers didn't suffer major injuries granted Armstead may not play. The turnovers have been LOW as well as big penalties, don't see why it would change now?

Predict the 49ers win but not cover the spread.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe that the Niners are 12.5pt favorites in this game. I guess it make some sense since we had a 10pt line IN SEATTLE and this one is in SF. STill, I can't believe that the Niners will cover that kind of spread.

Seattle is reeling. They are 6-6 and have lost 3 straight (LAR, SF, Dallas). They will be desperate to win in SF, particularly with the Eagles coming up next for them. They've gone from being firmly within the playoff picture to likely falling out of the playoff hunt entirely.

Seattle is middle of the pack on offense in both points and yards. Their 2 RBs have combined for about 1k yards at a 4ypc clip. Not bad at all, though the Niners are very good against the run. The issue for Seattle is in the passing game. This year, Geno has regressed back to his mean. He's got a passer rating below 90 and a QBR of 56. He's not done all that well this season. Very much average to below average.

The issue for them is that their defense is bottom third of the NFL (points and yards). That bodes well for SF's chances this week. The crazy thing is that SF will likely make most of their offense in the air considering that the Seattle pass defense is in the 20's in league ranking. It's not like SF is a pass heavy team. We're a run-first team and have been since Shanny got here.

Just about Every time I've said "we should win this game" we've lost. So, the Niners will probably blow this one. It IS a classic trap game. Just like Dallas, we're coming off a HUGE win and this is a team we should hammer. So Seattle has nothing to lose and will be playing for their playoff lives, so our team had better be ready.

Well, what do we think?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to be back home after a ton of work travel these last few months... got home over the weekend just in time to watch the Philly game. Damn good outing.

On Seattle... I'm not surprised with that spread and wouldn't be surprised at all if they cover. While the hawks are reeling a bit, games in December are not when teams have let-downs... especially when there's still much to play for. This team seems really focused on closing out strong and (hopefully - knocking wood) claiming the 1st seed. We should be able to get pressure on Geno and hopefully contain their offense. Will they try to establish the run more than previous outtings? Probably - if nothing else, just to keep the pressure off Geno. Offensively, I don't expect Purdy to have a massive day, but there will be opportunities for YAC against the hawks' zone defense - and I would expect a game plan that relies heavily on the run this game.

I'd say SF 27-13 sounds like a reasonable outcome.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good game, some lapses but got the win fairly easily in the end.

But Now with Philly-cheeses (love Philly Cheesesteaks) losing to Dull-ass and the Niners winning head to head against each the Niners have the Number One Seed at this time. :nod:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought Purdy couldn't throw deep or outside the numbers...

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game went pretty much as I thought it would... not the cleanest game by any stretch, but good enough. Lock performed better that I thought he would, but once the Hawks were in "pass only" mode, the pressure got to him. Brock continues to be the man.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That game went pretty much as I thought it would... not the cleanest game by any stretch, but good enough. Lock performed better that I thought he would, but once the Hawks were in "pass only" mode, the pressure got to him. Brock continues to be the man.
I expected it to be even closer, so I'll take this more 'comfortable' win. :-)

I felt the offense would be about mid twenties just as it panned out, but expected the defense to be a little more 'step behind'. Good job by the TEAM despite a little hangover from last week.

What is overlooked is the offensive line, not perfect but they pass protect better than i expect.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's been JT's weekly eval (really the only thing he nit-picks on). Will be interesting to see what he has to say on this week's installment of the QB School.
I've come to like his evaluations, and look forward to it every week.

Similar with Chase Daniels too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Top Offensive Performers: OL Jon Feliciano and WR Brandon Aiyuk

The veteran offensive lineman topped all 49ers performers in Week 14, coming away with a 91.4 overall grade for his 54 snaps at right guard. Feliciano was stepping in for sophomore offensive lineman Spencer Burford, who is currently working through a knee injury he sustained in Week 13. Feliciano's 91.4 overall grade marks his highest single-week grade for the entirety of the 2023 season.

So encouraging to see Feliciano with a high grade, leave him in.

Getting ahead on Aiyuk, can't see us not signing him next season? Yes, this means a few other good players will leave, but Aiyuk is so huge in this offense. IMO he's more important than Deebo to our offense, not a lot more but more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers have plenty of playmakers on offense, for sure. But where would they be without quarterback Brock Purdy?

The answer: Not nearly as productive.

“I’m a part of a special group,” Purdy said following the 49ers’ 28-16 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday at Levi’s Stadium.

“Any one of our guys, any one of our eligibles, you get the ball in their hands and then they can go do the rest, break tackles, obviously have pull-away, breakaway speed," Purdy added.

“We see it every game. So to throw a 5-yard pass or even a deep ball, it doesn't matter. We’ve got playmakers.””

Purdy has shown he can do it all. He throws short, intermediate and deep balls with precision accuracy and top-notch results.

He leads the NFL with a 116.9 passer rating, a completion percentage of 70.2 and a 9.9-yard average per attempt.

Purdy is also second in the NFL with 3,553 yards passing (273.3 average per game) and 25 touchdown passes.

The 23-year-old threw for a career-high 368 yards on Sunday against the Seahawks after accounting for only 33 yards passing after one quarter.

When things got rolling, he put the ball into the hands of Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk and George Kittle at the right places and the right times.

The design of most pass plays within coach Kyle Shanahan’s system allows for passes at just about any depth. The coverage dictates where the ball goes.

Purdy has proven he can make any throw on the field, completing passes with aerials that consistently hit his target in stride.

“If the defense gives us a look, we take it,” Purdy said. “Was I afraid to go deep or anything like that last year? I don't think so. This year I feel just more aware of what our offense is and where guys are supposed to be, and if a defense gives us a look I'm more ready for it and aware of it. So I have taken deep shots this year.”

Still, with all of the success he had Sunday, including a couple of well-thrown deep balls to Samuel and Kittle, the one that stood out for Shanahan was what looked like a routine toss.

“He just went to a check down, which was the right answer, and Deebo was the 5-yard check down and he got 30 on it,” Shanahan said. “So that happens on a lot of our stuff. Then the more they come up, then you can kind of get those easy big plays.”

Purdy quickly went through his progression and ended up going to one of his final options on the play. And, of course, putting the ball in Samuel’s hands never is a bad fall-back plan.

“We talked about that all week,” Purdy said. “If the defense gives us the longer, deeper throw, great. But we have to be disciplined and have to play with conviction to be able to go through my progressions and be willing to take check downs like that.

“And, obviously, when you have Deebo Samuel as your check down, it's pretty good.”

Purdy did a remarkable job of finding the open receiver, and everyone got open at certain points against Seattle in Week 13.

Samuel had seven receptions for 149 yards and a touchdown. Aiyuk had six catches for 126 yards, and Kittle had three receptions for 76 yards and a touchdown.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Adams trade, which cost the Seahawks a pair of first-round picks, a third-round pick and Bradley McDougald, is looking like one of the worst trades in NFL history. They signed him to a four-year, $72 million deal before the 2021 season, making him the highest-paid safety in NFL history, and he remains the third-highest paid safety in the league.

Adams has played 34 games and missed 29 because of injuries in his four seasons in Seattle, and he hasn’t made the Pro Bowl since 2020.

Never mind the injuries but i said it back in 2021, you DON'T make this kind of trade for a Safety.

For me the only time I'd make this kind of trade is for a QB.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come to like his evaluations, and look forward to it every week.

Similar with Chase Daniels too.
JT is awesome... I learn so much from his breakdowns. I just started watching Chase - will need to check him out more.