• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what we are discussing is you claiming Wiseman would be more valuable in a deal last Summer. Crazy then and now to double down on it. If Wiggy said Wiseman will suck, never amount to anything, etc. that does not change how incredibly wrong you were about Garland.

Not sure why this is so hard for you. Hell, I was wrong about him, too. He's far better than I thought he'd be, especially after his rookie year. That wasn't so tough.

I clearly did say you said you were wrong....only wondered why you had to follow it with shade toward the cavs. No, not hurt by the comment. Just asking why owning your foolishness wasn't enough.

Find the quote then.

Because what was quoted here was me saying that Garland for Beal wasn’t nearly enough.

And that was 100% true when I posted it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice moving of the goal posts, but try to keep them where they are. Has nothing to do now with what Wiggy said here. Has to do with tlance saying (and perhaps you saying) Wiseman had more trade value than Garland last offseason.....and doubling down on it.

The "one of your own" was Green's comments on Garland being a future all star.
Maybe I'm getting lost in the spergy weeds here but all I'm doing is giving Wiggy grief for being wrong about Wiseman, again. Not making a judgement on what tlance said nor on the relative value of Wiseman and Garland back then.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find the quote then.

Because what was quoted here was me saying that Garland for Beal wasn’t nearly enough.

And that was 100% true when I posted it.
Here's the exact quote.....

"And yes, @dtgold88, Wiseman definitely has more value than Garland, and the Minny pick is probably pretty comparable too."

Not sure what is worse....that you said that comment is taken out of context, some others agreed with you or that you doubled down on it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm getting lost in the spergy weeds here but all I'm doing is giving Wiggy grief for being wrong about Wiseman, again. Not making a judgement on what tlance said nor on the relative value of Wiseman and Garland back then.
what you were doing here was agreeing with tlance and now backtracking as you finally see what you were agreeing to and how incredibly foolish it was.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you were doing here was agreeing with tlance and now backtracking as you finally see what you were agreeing to and how incredibly foolish it was.
Wrong again, but you're obviously more comfortable there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if I said that. But regardless, it was closer.

What I do know that I said last year was that I would take a Kuminga/Wiseman trade for Beal over whatever was included with Garland.

Clearly that isn’t still the case.
But I know and you said it. will you own it? Maybe, but I have my doubts. Question is if you do will you take a shot at me, Wiggy or the Cavs or just own you you made the comment and how foolish it was now, at the time, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again, but you're obviously more comfortable there.
He even asked for the quote and I produced it. Willl he own he said it and/or how foolish it was? Not sure. But you can tell me if you agree......

"And yes, @dtgold88, Wiseman definitely has more value than Garland, and the Minny pick is probably pretty comparable too."

those goal posts can be heavy so if either or both of you try to move them again get some help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the exact quote.....

Not sure what is worse....that you said that comment is taken out of context, some others agreed with you or that you doubled down on it.

Ok awesome.

Still not sure why you didn’t actually use quote feature there.

And why is it so hard for you to comprehend that Garland’s value has changed as much as perhaps any player in the league this season?

And that Wiseman’s has dropped because he hasn’t played.

It is clearly not true today, but Regardless of what you want to claim, it wasn’t a crazy statement when it was made.

Because their future values were both largely unknown. And nobody thought Garland would be this good.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He even asked for the quote and I produced it. Willl he own he said it and/or how foolish it was? Not sure. But you can tell me if you agree......

those goal posts can be heavy so if either or both of you try to move them again get some help.
I disagree with the bolded but that's not what I was giving Wiggy grief about. tlance is a big boy he can deal with you himself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok awesome.

Still not sure why you didn’t actually use quote feature there.

And why is it so hard for you to comprehend that Garland’s value has changed as much as perhaps any player in the league this season?

And that Wiseman’s has dropped because he hasn’t played.

It is clearly not true today, but Regardless of what you want to claim, it wasn’t a crazy statement when it was made.

Because their future values were both largely unknown. And nobody thought Garland would be this good.
Haha...... this time you tried to come after me with a dig instead of my team as you owned yet another mistake. Like it mattered if I copied and pasted or used quote features. When you are wrong in the real world do you use this tactic, too?

Oh, and garland didn't have to be "this good" for your comment to be incredibly foolish as he had a very good season last year, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the bolded but that's not what I was giving Wiggy grief about. tlance is a big boy he can deal with you himself.
I think he can, too (though not very well in this case) which was why I wondered why you tried to help him out even though he was incredibly wrong and the incredible wrongness was not "taken out of context" as he said to which you agreed for some reason.

But I'll stop arguing with myself going back and forth and you can get in another word if you want.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...... this time you tried to come after me with a dig instead of my team as you owned yet another mistake. Like it mattered if I copied and pasted or used quote features. When you are wrong in the real world do you use this tactic, too?

Oh, and garland didn't have to be "this good" for your comment to be incredibly foolish as he had a very good season last year, too.

Confirmed.

You are extremely sensitive.

You think that is a dig? It was a question.

Yeah he was good. But trade value for young players is about upside.

And prior to Garland’s massive breakout this year?

It was debatable who had more upside.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed.

You are extremely sensitive.

You think that is a dig? It was a question.

Yeah he was good. But trade value was about upside.

And prior to Garland’s massive breakout this year?

It was debatable who had more upside.
sensitive? I was laughing as you did exactly as I thought. Instead of simply owning being wrong - again - you'd either turn it on me, wiggy or the Cavs and you did. Was it harmful or close to hurtful? Of course not, but like your comment about the Cavs the last time you were wrong why even ask or mention? Would you be less wrong/foolish if I used the quote feature?

But you do you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sensitive? I was laughing as you did exactly as I thought. Instead of simply owning being wrong - again - you'd either turn it on me, wiggy or the Cavs and you did. Was it harmful or close to hurtful? Of course not, but like your comment about the Cavs the last time you were wrong why even ask or mention? Would you be less wrong/foolish if I used the quote feature?

But you do you.

I did own being wrong about Garland.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you somehow believe that Garland’s play this season has any bearing whatsoever on what his trade value was LAST SEASON.

It doesn’t.

You can’t use current production to evaluate past trade value. Doesn’t work like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did own being wrong about Garland.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you somehow believe that Garland’s play this season has any bearing whatsoever on what his trade value was LAST SEASON.

It doesn’t.

You can’t use current production to evaluate past trade value. Doesn’t work like that.
Garland was better LAST SEASON than Wiseman, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland was better LAST SEASON than Wiseman, too.

Of course he did.

Wiseman was a 19 year old rookie with 3 games of college experience playing on a team trying to compete for the playoffs.

Garland was in his second year playing for a team who was rebuilding around young players.

I am sure you disagreed with my statement when it was made, but not like you are know.

Because it was not a ridiculous statement at the time. And you knew it.

You are using hindsight to evaluate it. And you can’t do that when the comment was about trade value in that moment.