• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ball is obviously better than Wiseman now, and probably always will be. But Ball had no place on the current Ws. If they drafted him instead of Wiseman, is he putting up these numbers there?
The same numbers? Probably not, but he might do more than Wiseman has this year and last. :noidea:

They messed up. No biggie. Cavs did the same by passing on Lillard when we had Kyrie....luckily didn't make that mistake again and still took Garland.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ball is obviously better than Wiseman now, and probably always will be. But Ball had no place on the current Ws. If they drafted him instead of Wiseman, is he putting up these numbers there?

I mean, I think giving Steph more time off the ball isn’t a bad thing. His size and playmaking skills allow him to oaky with Steph or with klay and not miss a beat

But you also probably don’t get moody lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the subset of lawyers who are Cavs fans is the real bottom of the barrel.

Anyone who is a Cavs fan and goes through law school is nothing short of a masochist

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same numbers? Probably not, but he might do more than Wiseman has this year and last. :noidea:

They messed up. No biggie. Cavs did the same by passing on Lillard when we had Kyrie....luckily didn't make that mistake again and still took Garland.
But is it really a mistake to pass up Lillard when you have Kyrie? Duplication and fit matters.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who is a Cavs fan and goes through law school is nothing short of a masochist
Actually I have a lot of respect for fans who stay loyal to their teams even when they suck forever. I don't go after dtgold and Shanemans nearly as much. Wiggy deserves it LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. They have done well.

Mobley was a good choice, especially for them. You knew they couldn’t take Suggs there.

I am surprised how well mark has worked out since he did nothing for Chicago

I was higher on garland than sexton.

I still would move mark and sexton in a deal for Simmons.

I always liked Allen. But even I didn’t see him getting this good this fast.
100% true on that last comment. While I did think his contract was fine and he'd eventually be looked at as underpaid I didn't see it happening so soon. I suspect on the open market if there was a team with cap spcae just needing a big guy he'd get at least $25-30 mil now.

LM and sexton for Simmons? Not sure either team would do that. Might.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think giving Steph more time off the ball isn’t a bad thing. His size and playmaking skills allow him to oaky with Steph or with klay and not miss a beat

But you also probably don’t get moody lol
Moody doesn't impress me right now, but maybe he will be good down the road.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna defer to you because you know your team better than I do. But from afar, the reason I’ve speculated about a Sexton move is that he may be redundant to Garland. They seem to have similar game with Garland in my mind being a tick better because of the impact his speed has as well as his ability to get guys shots. If you think Sexton can play more off ball and become a guy who can run through screens and play iso ball when called upon, maybe it does work.
As I said I have no idea what the plan is for sexton because of many of the things you said. Will say if I had to guess Sexton has the speed on Garland as he always looked incredibly fast to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it could. But it’s undersized. Can it work defensively?

Or maybe it doesn’t matter when you have Allen and Mobley patrolling the lane. Idk
It was working defensively before Sexton got hurt and, sure, I suspect a lot of that is the help they can get from Allen and Mobley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said I have no idea what the plan is for sexton because of many of the things you said. Will say if I had to guess Sexton has the speed on Garland as he always looked incredibly fast to me.
Garland is overall a better player long term in all likelihood. The comments he has gotten from opposing stars- the way he has lead the Cavs kind of show that.

But Sexton has a valuable skill set as a very efficient high volume scorer. He can make tough shots. In the playoffs that can be very valuable. If because of the injury they can get Sexton to re-sign for say 3 years 16-18 a year it would be good value.

At the least they can package him in a trade and get something solid back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean having multiple knees surgeries when he has zero history of them (he’s not Greg oden), that’s just bad luck.

I think wiseman absolutely had more trade value this summer. Even the Cavs didn’t see sexton as a franchise cornerstone or they would’ve paid him the 100m he asked for.

But yeah wiseman needing another surgery definitely has crippled his value for now.

Fwiw I wasn’t wiseman’s biggest fan, but I get why teams would go for him
Wiseman had more trade value this summer than Garland?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no NEED to throw shade at the Cavs but it sure is easy and fun. It's good you don't need to lure an FA because you won't.

I do admit my prediction here is less sure than it was. Fun team on the rise.

But my ace in the hole is...forget it Jake, it's Clevelandtown
Hell, it's not even like I disagreed with your take when you made it. Thought since before last season started this team never gets into contention again if Sexton remains the best player (even sexton and Garland).....we needed to get some lottery luck and nail the pick. And it seems it's check and check.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, it's not even like I disagreed with your take when you made it. Thought since before last season started this team never gets into contention again if Sexton remains the best player (even sexton and Garland).....we needed to get some lottery luck and nail the pick. And it seems it's check and check.
Like I said, right now it's looking awesome. You have every reason to be excited. But, again, Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland is overall a better player long term in all likelihood. The comments he has gotten from opposing stars- the way he has lead the Cavs kind of show that.

But Sexton has a valuable skill set as a very efficient high volume scorer. He can make tough shots. In the playoffs that can be very valuable. If because of the injury they can get Sexton to re-sign for say 3 years 16-18 a year it would be good value.

At the least they can package him in a trade and get something solid back.
I'm confident we will either resign him or get a suitable package for him (otherwise they'd just match any offer). I still think he'll get $20 mil and maybe a tic more.

We could certainly use him with no Rubio for the reasons you gave. Garland is definitely getting better in crunch time but Sexton has been really good at that in the past and that was without the overall talent this team now has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, right now it's looking awesome. You have every reason to be excited. But, again, Cleveland.
You keep saying Cleveland but the difference is they don’t have to attract a big FA they have the core through drafting or they can acquire through trades. GS wasn’t a big time city for decades. When you have stars, players want to play with them…a hell of a lot easier in Miami, Chicago and LA but it is what it is

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moody doesn't impress me right now, but maybe he will be good down the road.
Cannot say I've seen him play much but he's incredibly young. Hell, Garland was considered by some to be the worst player in the league as a rookie. Moody likely wont take that kind of leap but he could certainly become serviceable as many his age have done over time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying Cleveland but the difference is they don’t have to attract a big FA they have the core through drafting or they can acquire through trades. GS wasn’t a big time city for decades. When you have stars, players want to play with them…a hell of a lot easier in Miami, Chicago and LA but it is what it is
I guess you could say one of these guys might want to leave for a better FA destination city but that's likely a long way off for any of these guys (unless they choose to let Sexton walk or he signs a 1 year tender).