• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazon acquires NBA Media Rights, NBA still shopping other parts of deal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m waiting to see how Cuban proceeds. He put 10 games on one of the OTA channels in Dallas after the All Star Break which would be cool except I’m a little out of range for the Dallas channels up here at the border. The OTA channels here did broadcast the games via an agreement but I’m curious as to the going forward plan for both the Mavs & Stars. Getting the sense that MLB may do something with the Rangers where I can just purchase a package and if that’s the direction the Mavs & Stars go then I’m cool with it.
Thunder did something similar with 8 Friday night games. I don’t think the actual Amazon announcement has been made yet for the Thunder but that is the expectation.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder did something similar with 8 Friday night games. I don’t think the actual Amazon announcement has been made yet for the Thunder but that is the expectation.
I’ll be curious to see how the Suns plan went (put everything on OTA) and if other teams take that avenue. I’d lean toward the NBA season package but a problem for some of us would be the blackout rules. I did the NHL Center Ice package for one season but the blackout rules prevented me from watching Stars games. That’s kind of an ender. Ideally, Congress would finally do away with that dumb rule.