• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure Bickerstaff would change the starting lineup after playing so well. Sexton could be a guy that gets a high minutes off the bench and it would be a great role. Could try it out for one year and then contract, role, etc. would be discussed and if he isn’t hapoy they could trade him
If Okoro continues to progress before Sexton could come back I agree with you....however, we were playing really well when Sexton was starting before he got hurt. Pretty sure we won our last 4 with him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying Cleveland but the difference is they don’t have to attract a big FA they have the core through drafting or they can acquire through trades. GS wasn’t a big time city for decades. When you have stars, players want to play with them…a hell of a lot easier in Miami, Chicago and LA but it is what it is
Indeed, and what it is is Cleveland is cursed.

I do realize that they are doing everything right, and much faster than any of us expected. For me to be right on the no more titles prediction, I'm going to need that curse to hold up LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its one of the reasons why I might prefer a smaller deal for Ross instead of LeVert

with LeVert I think there is pressure to start him- and I think we lose defense and athleticism without Okoro starting.

I think Ross is the perfect match for this team. He would be fine with a bench role. He would be greatful getting out of a situation like Orlando to get to a winner. He is signed next year for only like 11M.

Id trade for Ross- and then take something else with the deal- in a second. Rubio's expiring, Houston and SAS 2nd rounder for Ross and something to make salaries match.
Kind of how I see it......but I'll trust this FO/coaching staff no matter what they decide to do.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could say one of these guys might want to leave for a better FA destination city but that's likely a long way off for any of these guys (unless they choose to let Sexton walk or he signs a 1 year tender).
Exactly...it will be interesting to see if the core gets good enough to attract a big star before the core decides to go elsewhere to play with big stars. And it's certainly possible that Mobley becomes the big star.

I still have my ace in the hole though...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how he rolls, every time. For 5-6 pages.
I usually end with this, but Oh, the irony.

haha...the context was him getting called out on being incredibly wrong on some things he said about Garland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you rather have Gary Harris or Ross?

Im thinking Ross, but Harris would be an interesting guy as well.

I just would not make a big deal and trade Okoro or Love or Osman unless it was a no-brainer.
I'm down with trading Osman if I need to as we'd be selling high, but of course wouldn't give him away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. maybe. So GS wins yet another title in the next 1-3 years, then in 5 years they win with a Kuminga/Wiseman/Wiggins core + Ja Morant when he comes in as an FA.

Meanwhile, Cleveland keeps Clevelanding. I'll take my chances.
I mean, GS had been known to do more Clevelanding than Cleveland for a number of years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually end with this, but Oh, the irony.

haha...the context was him getting called out on being incredibly wrong on some things he said about Garland.
No, but context is always hard for you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, GS had been known to do more Clevelanding than Cleveland for a number of years.
No doubt! But the Bay Area teams aren't cursed like Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's his point. AT THE TIME Wiseman did have strong trade value. It's less now that he seems to be unable to get his knee healthy. If he does, his value will jump back up. Things CHANGE, which is why you going back to rip comments that were true at the time is so very on brand for your faggotry.

Wiseman might indeed be a bust and you'll have your first win you can point to here (maybe second). He might end up great, or good, or ok. But that's still undetermined. And he was a valuable trade chip a year ago.
AT THE TIME you think wiseman's value was higher than Garland? I mean, even one of your own was calling Garland a future all star when he was on the Select Team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT THE TIME you think wiseman's value was higher than Garland? I mean, even one of your own was calling Garland a future all star when he was on the Select Team.
One of my own?

My comment isn't about comparing them, it's about Wiggy claiming he was right about Wiseman being worthless a year ago.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...it will be interesting to see if the core gets good enough to attract a big star before the core decides to go elsewhere to play with big stars. And it's certainly possible that Mobley becomes the big star.

I still have my ace in the hole though...
I think it's likely Mobley becomes their biggest star. If all goes as hoped we wont have the cap room to attract a FA even if we were a FA city as we'll be paying big bucks to the current core players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but context is always hard for you.
yes....Hell, you even joined him with a foolish comment unless you also think Wiseman had more value last summer. He failed. Big time. Only question is will you join the fail.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could say one of these guys might want to leave for a better FA destination city but that's likely a long way off for any of these guys (unless they choose to let Sexton walk or he signs a 1 year tender).
Yeah unless something goes terribly wrong we are years away from that. Only guy is Sexton but again, they can always trade him. He seems to love this team as well so I would be shocked if he walked

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the context? The context was calling you out for some comments that turned out to be beyond foolish about Garland (whether he needed to do that or not is a different story). I took it as shade because instead of just owning you were wong about Garland you threw unnecessary shade. No worries as it is what so many do when they are wrong. Can't just be "my bad, I was way off" it's that then make sure you either point out something that person did wrong in the past or come up with something to take away and/or be critical of his/her team. You chose the latter. No biggie.

Yes. Ignoring the context totally.

And I clearly did say I was wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my own?

My comment isn't about comparing them, it's about Wiggy claiming he was right about Wiseman being worthless a year ago.
Nice moving of the goal posts, but try to keep them where they are. Has nothing to do now with what Wiggy said here. Has to do with tlance saying (and perhaps you saying) Wiseman had more trade value than Garland last offseason.....and doubling down on it.

The "one of your own" was Green's comments on Garland being a future all star.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah unless something goes terribly wrong we are years away from that. Only guy is Sexton but again, they can always trade him. He seems to love this team as well so I would be shocked if he walked
He only walks if we want him to since he's a RFA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice moving of the goal posts, but try to keep them where they are. Has nothing to do now with what Wiggy said here. Has to do with tlance saying (and perhaps you saying) Wiseman had more trade value than Garland last offseason.....and doubling down on it.

The "one of your own" was Green's comments on Garland being a future all star.

I don’t know if I said that. But regardless, it was closer.

What I do know that I said last year was that I would take a Kuminga/Wiseman trade for Beal over whatever was included with Garland.

Clearly that isn’t still the case.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Ignoring the context totally.

And I clearly did say I was wrong.
what we are discussing is you claiming Wiseman would be more valuable in a deal last Summer. Crazy then and now to double down on it. If Wiggy said Wiseman will suck, never amount to anything, etc. that does not change how incredibly wrong you were about Garland.

Not sure why this is so hard for you. Hell, I was wrong about him, too. He's far better than I thought he'd be, especially after his rookie year. That wasn't so tough.

I clearly did say you said you were wrong....only wondered why you had to follow it with shade toward the cavs. No, not hurt by the comment. Just asking why owning your foolishness wasn't enough.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes....Hell, you even joined him with a foolish comment unless you also think Wiseman had more value last summer. He failed. Big time. Only question is will you join the fail.
Wiseman definitely had more value last summer than Wiggy said he did. This isn't even debatable.