• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors as well

Outside of Clippers landing Kawhi none in that list have really signed prime superstars

I agree with that, but i will say the draft alone creates dynasties so having that disadvantage which most of the NBA has is not a large excuse for being bad anymore imo

More warm weather non major markets don't have championships than cold markets...I forgot OKC hasn't won either

Raptors aren’t in that same tier as Cleveland and Milwaukee though.

Again, you are missing most of a long, ongoing conversation.

Bottom tier, IMO are:

Utah, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Sacramento, Minnesota, Indiana

There are some very poorly managed teams in better markets, like my Wizards, who will probably never win a title.

But that doesn’t mean these teams aren’t at a disadvantage.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a 5 year contract

He was a restricted free agent last year man.

That isn’t the same as an unrestricted free agent signing. Resigning your own guy also isn’t the same, although often these teams lose their guy when they hit RFA too.

And yeah, of course some like Cleveland, Utah and Milwaukee are a lot better managed than others.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors aren’t in that same tier as Cleveland and Milwaukee though.

Again, you are missing most of a long, ongoing conversation.

Bottom tier, IMO are:

Utah, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Sacramento, Minnesota, Indiana

There are some very poorly managed teams in better markets, like my Wizards, who will probably never win a title.

But that doesn’t mean these teams aren’t at a disadvantage.

Pelicans lost AD, Orlando lost Shaq even tho they drafted him after 4 years and then lost Dwight Howard to LA. OKC lost their entire team.

All the markets are basically the same outside of LA or NYC which for some reason NBA players think is so awesome, but we all have seen what is happening in those cities.

Outside of the major cities i put all the teams in the same category. I doubt a player cares whether they are in Sacramento, Cle, or Washington...You think a player has ever said i was going to go to Cleveland But Washington is where it's at so i am going there? I doubt it... Sure LA and NYC get first dibs but then ther influence just drops off. Would Lebron have gone to the heat if they didn't draft Wade? Would Lebron have gone back to the cavs if they didn't draft Irving? Players seem to move mostly to win imo, unless they are older.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a restricted free agent last year man.

That isn’t the same as an unrestricted free agent signing. Resigning your own guy also isn’t the same, although often these teams lose their guy when they hit RFA too.

And yeah, of course some like Cleveland, Utah and Milwaukee are a lot better managed than others.

Sorta splitting hairs tbh

Cavs signed Larry Hughes From the Wizards back in the day ;) although he turned out to not care about winning according to him lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans lost AD, Orlando lost Shaq even tho they drafted him after 4 years and then lost Dwight Howard to LA. OKC lost their entire team.

All the markets are basically the same outside of LA or NYC which for some reason NBA players think is so awesome, but we all have seen what is happening in those cities.

Outside of the major cities i put all the teams in the same category. I doubt a player cares whether they are in Sacramento, Cle, or Washington...You think a player has ever said i was going to go to Cleveland But Washington is where it's at so i am going there? I doubt it... Sure LA and NYC get first dibs but then ther influence just drops off. Would Lebron have gone to the heat if they didn't draft Wade? Would Lebron have gone back to the cavs if they didn't draft Irving? Players seem to move mostly to win imo, unless they are older.

So?

Countless examples of poorly managed teams in markets that could be decent.

Most markets are similar. Top tier is LA, NY, Miami. Bottoms tier is the group I mentioned. Everyone else somewhere in the middle.

How many 20 something millionaires going to sit to play in Minnesota given roughly equal money somewhere else?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point

My assertion is that cold weather cities in non-major markets are bottom tier. Those cities don’t sign difference makers in free agency.

And no. The Cavs have signed 1 star. It was LeBron returning home. That was the exception to the rule.

Wade?

You serious?

He was so far past his prime by that point. That is like the Lakers signing Melo this year.
Ohh cmon man. They signed DRose, Shaq and Jamison too lol

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh cmon man. They signed DRose, Shaq and Jamison too lol

They also signed Marrkanen from the bulls and Allen and are 30-20 right now

When you have Lebron for a long time it’s hard to add players outside of who he wants. After Lebron got AD what other star was added to their team? Tucker Horton? Melo? Lol

Last edited:

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So?

Countless examples of poorly managed teams in markets that could be decent.

Most markets are similar. Top tier is LA, NY, Miami. Bottoms tier is the group I mentioned. Everyone else somewhere in the middle.

How many 20 something millionaires going to sit to play in Minnesota given roughly equal money somewhere else?

The smart ones that don’t want to pay 50% taxes and left holding the bag on overpriced real estate where people are fleeing? Crime
starts increasing, and it gets ugly.

NYC, LA and SF all lost population in 2020 and 2021…Maybe the NBA players wanting to go there can make up for it tho?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart ones that don’t want to pay 50% taxes and left holding the bag on overpriced real estate where people are fleeing? Crime
starts increasing, and it gets ugly.

NYC, LA and SF all lost population in 2020 and 2021…Maybe the NBA players wanting to go there can make up for it tho?

Imagine living in a world where you don't even know how Covid affected the country

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your the guy that bet me less than 10,000 people would die.
Holy shit what a fucking liar. Try an order of magnitude higher and you didn't take the bet. I had it wrong for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its so true.

a couple markets have slight advantages. Even some of those- like the Knicks- sure have not done anything to use them.

and you make a great point- to act like there are multiple tiers--- when really - its either a couple- or everyone else. Its such a great point- anyone ever say- I was going to go to Cleveland, but its so much better to play in Washington. LOL.

unbelievable.

and totally true--- LeBron NEVER EVER comes back to Cleveland if not for a ton of assets and guys being there.

LeBron is never going anywhere where he cant win immediately.

ill be very interested to see if he plays a lot longer if he stays in LAL for the long term. His MO has been - go somewhere- make the team go balls to the wall and use all the assets- leave them when years of "going for it" has exhausted all the assets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also signed Marrkanen from the bulls and Allen and are 30-20 right now

When you have Lebron for a long time it’s hard to add players outside of who he wants. After Lebron got AD what other star was added to their team? Tucker Horton? Melo? Lol

Maarkanen is the type of player who signs with the highest bidder.

That is not the same.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so true.

a couple markets have slight advantages. Even some of those- like the Knicks- sure have not done anything to use them.

and you make a great point- to act like there are multiple tiers--- when really - its either a couple- or everyone else. Its such a great point- anyone ever say- I was going to go to Cleveland, but its so much better to play in Washington. LOL.

unbelievable.

and totally true--- LeBron NEVER EVER comes back to Cleveland if not for a ton of assets and guys being there.

LeBron is never going anywhere where he cant win immediately.

ill be very interested to see if he plays a lot longer if he stays in LAL for the long term. His MO has been - go somewhere- make the team go balls to the wall and use all the assets- leave them when years of "going for it" has exhausted all the assets.

I think it will be more interesting to see if AD stays if Lebron comes back to Cle next year.

At the end of the day he is kinda being a hater. I mean ZIon actively said he didn't want to go to the Pelicans and is sabotaging his career to get out. Nobody did that in Cle. Plus it's not like Ohio is Alaska, it has winter for a few months then gets incredibly hot. It's dead ass winter now and it's going to be 50 in Columbus where i live. Plus if you listen to the left, Minnesota will be the new Miami in a few years anways because of global warming lol

The only thing i wish was the Cavs were in Columbus where i live. Columbus should have an NBA team, we are about to surpass a million people in our city population and our now the 14th largest city in the US well a lot of other cities are hemorrhaging population.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine living in a world where you don't even know how Covid affected the country

It's nice. Only a few places like that. The places where Covid shutdowns happened where the biggest losers. In Columbus where i live our population grew during Covid. People want out of lockdown cities, and likely will never go back.