• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Cook to Oakland
Well, I guess it's time to admit I was wrong on Clive Walford, but otherwise, a meh style signing. Cook has underwhelmed everywhere he's been, and if he couldn't excel with Aaron Rodgers he's not going to with Carr either. But maybe, a solid presence at TE will help the Raiders offense a a whole, sustaining drives and such.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ Manuel to Oakland

@TKOSpikes, Why??

Because the Bills hate Oakland?

Because Oakland never watched tape on him?

Because EJ has incriminating video on Cooper?

idk...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lat. Murray to the Vikes

I'm not sure what to think if this one really. Oakland may have had a very good oline..rephrase that, a very good pass blocking oline, but run boxing not so much..but Murray couldn't really do a whole lot and was very TD dependant. Minny doesn't have a great oline, either way, and McKinnon and Asiata's stats show it. So, what exactly is Murray gonna do there? I can't imagine much changes for him, McKinnon is going to steal just as many carries from him as Washington and Richard did, so I can't imagine his usage goes up much, if at all. As far as runners go, McKinnon and Murray are fairly similar. Both are physical specimens, neither have our it all together and became an exceptional NFL player. Don't get me wrong, all things being equal, I'll take Murray over McKinnon every day, but he's a minimal upgrade at best over McKinnon. Murray maintains his RB2 status, but his upside is even more limited than last year.

Don't see this being a good thing for Lat. We all heard reasons why Gurley had a bad year, crappy QB, crappy OL, crappy offense all this applies to Lat to the Vikings. Honestly Lat never looked special in any way and this new home isn't going to help.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray to MIN sure muddies the water there and in OAK. .... guess Raiders are going after a rook, while Vikings show they don't have faith in McKinnon. ....Also, Dunbar to LAR dampers Gurley on 3rd downs. ....
Not sure Dunbar means much if anything other than to Cunningham. He wasn't exactly a stud 3rd down guy in Dallas. Adequate, I guess. But other than the occasional breather, I wouldn't say Dunbar comes in over Gurley all that often

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Cook to Oakland
Well, I guess it's time to admit I was wrong on Clive Walford, but otherwise, a meh style signing. Cook has underwhelmed everywhere he's been, and if he couldn't excel with Aaron Rodgers he's not going to with Carr either. But maybe, a solid presence at TE will help the Raiders offense a a whole, sustaining drives and such.

I was so happy Seahawks didn't sign this head case, good luck Raiders he might be a up grade to Walford, but the bar is set low.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson Charles and Blount all remain unsigned. At this point, I'd be more surprised that any of hem sign before the draft than if they didn't. The teams that still need a RB, at least in the mold of those guys, are the ones likely to draft a Fournette, Cook, McAffrey, Mixon..ect. we likely won't have an answer on any of them until end of April

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see this being a good thing for Lat. We all heard reasons why Gurley had a bad year, crappy QB, crappy OL, crappy offense all this applies to Lat to the Vikings. Honestly Lat never looked special in any way and this new home isn't going to help.
Mostly agreed.

He can do some special things..but he's gotta get to the second level, and he's not good at doing that on his own

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Bills hate Oakland?

Because Oakland never watched tape on him?

Because EJ has incriminating video on Cooper?

idk...
I'm going with option #1. Maybe the best move the Bills made this offseason..letting Manuel walk

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson Charles and Blount all remain unsigned. At this point, I'd be more surprised that any of hem sign before the draft than if they didn't. The teams that still need a RB, at least in the mold of those guys, are the ones likely to draft a Fournette, Cook, McAffrey, Mixon..ect. we likely won't have an answer on any of them until end of April
You don't see Blount getting resigned before the draft ? Listen to me, I'm assuming the Pats resign him, risky thing to assume anything when it comes to the Pats, but dang it makes total sense, him being the only power back.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland may have had a very good oline..rephrase that, a very good pass blocking oline, but run boxing not so much..
idk Treff.... I was bored today and started looking at O-line stats for each team.
Oakland's O-line is credited with the 4th least amount of NEGATIVE rush yards. (Or rushes for lost yards.)
They also allowed the least amount of sacks. Best in the league.

Considering plays for negative yards, sacks and QB hits, Oakland was tops of all 32 teams in relation to the offensive plays called.

However, their unit was the most penalized for holding, false starts and illegal use of hands penalties. Averaging nearly 5 per game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk Treff.... I was bored today and started looking at O-line stats for each team.
Oakland's O-line is credited with the 4th least amount of NEGATIVE rush yards. (Or rushes for lost yards.)
They also allowed the least amount of sacks. Best in the league.

Considering plays for negative yards, sacks and QB hits, Oakland was tops of all 32 teams in relation to the offensive plays called.

However, their unit was the most penalized for holding, false starts and illegal use of hands penalties. Averaging nearly 5 per game.
Like I said, great pass blocking..and last negative rushes sounds great, but watching them, they never blocked their guy and then hit the second level..rarely if ever, that's how a road grating oline operates

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see Blount getting resigned before the draft ? Listen to me, I'm assuming the Pats resign him, risky thing to assume anything when it comes to the Pats, but dang it makes total sense, him being the only power back.
Has he even had a sniff? I haven't even heard of a visit yet. If he does, it'd be the Pat's, and I hope it is

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Dunbar means much if anything other than to Cunningham. He wasn't exactly a stud 3rd down guy in Dallas. Adequate, I guess. But other than the occasional breather, I wouldn't say Dunbar comes in over Gurley all that often

All true, seems Dunbar spent most of his time in Dallas hurt. But Rams oline is nothing compared to the 'boys so I still see lots of passing down work available now that Fisher is out of the picture. .... this coach may actually try to move the ball rather than 'well off-tackle left didn't work 20 times, let's try the right side'.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good for Ty Montgomery owners. CMike is no real threat to his potential role, Lacy is gone, if they're signing "depth" guys at this point, they're surely not at all in the market for a Charles, AP or Blount

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good for Ty Montgomery owners. CMike is no real threat to his potential role, Lacy is gone, if they're signing "depth" guys at this point, they're surely not at all in the market for a Charles, AP or Blount

I would agree - doubt they draft a rook - but not out of the question.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we bite have solid reason as tho why AP hasn't been signed, other than speculation about what he has left to offer.

8 million in year one is what he's said to be looking for. Dream on hooker, dream the f on.