• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For weeks I've been clammoring for the Jags to sign Foles. Obviously they want Bortles to be the guy but he won't improve without a legit push imo. Henne just isn't that guy and they restructured his deal to avoid any dead money if he doesn't make the final roster. Foles could push Bortles.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For weeks I've been clammoring for the Jags to sign Foles. Obviously they want Bortles to be the guy but he won't improve without a legit push imo. Henne just isn't that guy and they restructured his deal to avoid any dead money if he doesn't make the final roster. Foles could push Bortles.
I was gonna list JAX. He could easily compete, maybe even beat Bortles for the job. But I doubt they'd give him the shot, they're tied to Bortles for at least one more try. They did Jack up the defense though, maybe he'll have some better situations

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows this is his last shot. I do however think they need someone to push him. Henne and the kid from Arky aren't enough imo. Foles has experience starting and could help but obviously I'm not on TC's level.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Patterson to the Raiders-
This means next to nothing for the fantasy value of CPAT, with Cooper and Crabby entrenched, he'll be nothing but a desperation play and hope he gets lucky. One interesting note though, he was very public about his willingness to play out of the backfield, and Oakland is desperate to make things happen in the running game. Could be a few exciting gadget plays, but again, a desperation play if your hoping to guess the right week. Unless your league allows return yardage and scores. Which brings me to the overall point of even posting this..
The Oakland defense has approached credibility lately, they're at least to the level of being a matchup play. And now they're a real threat to score on special teams. If they fill out well during the draft, a strong DL maybe, pass rush help for Mack..they could be a nice defense for anyone who hates spending a high pick on the Denver's, Seattle's, and such

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Patterson to the Raiders-
This means next to nothing for the fantasy value of CPAT, with Cooper and Crabby entrenched, he'll be nothing but a desperation play and hope he gets lucky. One interesting note though, he was very public about his willingness to play out of the backfield, and Oakland is desperate to make things happen in the running game. Could be a few exciting gadget plays, but again, a desperation play if your hoping to guess the right week. Unless your league allows return yardage and scores. Which brings me to the overall point of even posting this..
The Oakland defense has approached credibility lately, they're at least to the level of being a matchup play. And now they're a real threat to score on special teams. If they fill out well during the draft, a strong DL maybe, pass rush help for Mack..they could be a nice defense for anyone who hates spending a high pick on the Denver's, Seattle's, and such

@The Foot is still salivating at the speed potential

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In breaking news Turbin and Ellington stay put. .... adjust your boards accordingly. :crazy:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it happens

Eddie Lacy to Seahawks - feel like that is an immediate downgrade on Rawls, as this looks to be a full blown, 3 headed RBBC now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRichard nails it, LOL

upload_2017-3-14_11-24-10.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have some good Chinese food out there right? Although his issue is the good southern cooked fried chicken. He will admit that.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle and I were just talking about the possibility two days ago. If Lacy can get his eating habits under control he can be very good.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it happens

Eddie Lacy to Seahawks - feel like that is an immediate downgrade on Rawls, as this looks to be a full blown, 3 headed RBBC now.
Doesn't make any damned sense to me at all. Only thing I can make of it is they weren't impressed with Rawls when he came back..I'm dumbfounded

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make any damned sense to me at all. Only thing I can make of it is they weren't impressed with Rawls when he came back..I'm dumbfounded

3mil guaranteed for a guy that is impossible to tackle one on one when he's in shape.
I think its a good risk/reward move for Seattle.

If anything, maybe they use Lacy as an example of what not to do for Rawls and Prosise to see 1st hand???

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll considers new OL Luke Joeckel a candidate at both left tackle and left guard.

Carroll said the team will "work it out" and put its best five up front, but seemed to hint guard was Joeckel's more likely home. "Played very well in our opinion, and that's the only opinion that counts," Carroll said, apparently of Joeckel's 2016. Joeckel was off to a decent start at his new position before tearing his ACL, MCL and meniscus in Week 4. It's another risky gambit for a team that's cavalier about its offensive line.

Drug test that man...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll considers new OL Luke Joeckel a candidate at both left tackle and left guard.

Carroll said the team will "work it out" and put its best five up front, but seemed to hint guard was Joeckel's more likely home. "Played very well in our opinion, and that's the only opinion that counts," Carroll said, apparently of Joeckel's 2016. Joeckel was off to a decent start at his new position before tearing his ACL, MCL and meniscus in Week 4. It's another risky gambit for a team that's cavalier about its offensive line.

Drug test that man...
Actually Joeckel graded out as a good run blocker, bad pass blocker by PFF I heard and like I mentioned to you, worse case senerio the Seahawks just rolled over the cap space.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Joeckel graded out as a good run blocker, bad pass blocker by PFF I heard and like I mentioned to you, worse case senerio the Seahawks just rolled over the cap space.
Its not a rollover. It would only be a rollover if they didnt spend it. While they do gain his money back next year rolling over would double it because they didnt spend it this year. Either way they do need competition though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rawls didn't look like he was back to 2015 form last year, so a bit of short term insurance may not be a bad idea. For FF this is bad news for me, but for actual real football I think this is good move for the Seahawks. Last year injuries to the RBs got so bad that the backup QB took some plays as RB, that's not good, not good at all. Now if the Seahawks draft a RB in the first three rounds this draft, then Rawls days may be numbered, until then I look at this as insurance in case either Rawls or Prosise isn't healthy next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a rollover. It would only be a rollover if they didnt spend it. While they do gain his money back next year rolling over would double it because they didnt spend it this year. Either way they do need competition though.
Your right, it doesn't double.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players to avoid this season:
Entire Seahawks backfield. Check.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burkhead to the Pats......kind of interesting, I guess.

Seems like another team where he gets buried on the depth chart though.
Unless they think he's better than White/Lewis at the old Danny Woodhead receiving RB role or better than Blount at smashing it between the tackles.

Another good depth add by the pats though, much like Woodhead, dude produces when he touches the ball.