• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith to the Eagles
Eagles seem to be all in on offense. Smith and Jeffrey, in addition to Jordan Mathews. Young gun Carson Wentz, assuming he continues developing will have plenty of quality options to throw to, and is the big winner here. Mathews is a big loser in fantasy terms. Granted, he'll be able to return to the slot where he thrived, but going from the volume of #1, to that of a #2 or #3 is a loss in value. Assuming Alshon's health, both he and Smith should be a full tier higher than last season..both finally have a decent QB.

Goes well with my trading away of Matthews and trading for Wentzy.... for now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick signs Stephon Gilmore. Interviews with Justin Hunter. That Belichick, always scared of the Bills and needs as much info on their system as possible.

64668171.jpg

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one big part of why you never bet against the Hoodie..by hook or crook, he finds an edge

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrelle Pryor to the 'Skins

Terrible match all around as far as I'm concerned. A front office in shambles, a QB with no desire to be there, on a team that best case scenario is the third best team in a for team division. And Pryor screws himself in a one year "prove it" deal to boot. Hey Terrelle, your one year prove it season was last year, cash out time was now. Now when Cousins finally gives the Skins the finger and his play shows it, where's that going to leave you as your looking to cash in next year? When Jordan Reed gets the lion's share of targets, yards and scores, where's that leave you? And the Skins? Did you make a mistake with Dotson? No faith in Crowder being a top dog without Garçon and/or DJAX across the field from him?

A situation I'm hoping to avoid all around next fantasy season..it reeks of futility.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrelle Pryor to the 'Skins

Terrible match all around as far as I'm concerned. A front office in shambles, a QB with no desire to be there, on a team that best case scenario is the third best team in a for team division. And Pryor screws himself in a one year "prove it" deal to boot. Hey Terrelle, your one year prove it season was last year, cash out time was now. Now when Cousins finally gives the Skins the finger and his play shows it, where's that going to leave you as your looking to cash in next year? When Jordan Reed gets the lion's share of targets, yards and scores, where's that leave you? And the Skins? Did you make a mistake with Dotson? No faith in Crowder being a top dog without Garçon and/or DJAX across the field from him?

A situation I'm hoping to avoid all around next fantasy season..it reeks of futility.

My my, with all that negativity , one would think you were a Redskins fan. :dhd:

I got a different take on it myself. Yes the relationship is on rocky times in DC between Cousins and the front office, may or may not continue going forward. I've seen others kiss and make up so anything is possible. Regardless I see both players trying to have a great year to get that long term contract. I see Pryor as a improvement from either Garcon or Jackson, Doctson IDK have to just wait and see, certainly was highly thought of when drafted just hasn't been healthy enough to get on the field.
As a Cousin owner I'm getting excited by the possibilities with this WR corp and the off season isn't over yet.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My my, with all that negativity , one would think you were a Redskins fan. :dhd:

I got a different take on it myself. Yes the relationship is on rocky times in DC between Cousins and the front office, may or may not continue going forward. I've seen others kiss and make up so anything is possible. Regardless I see both players trying to have a great year to get that long term contract. I see Pryor as a improvement from either Garcon or Jackson, Doctson IDK have to just wait and see, certainly was highly thought of when drafted just hasn't been healthy enough to get on the field.
As a Cousin owner I'm getting excited by the possibilities with this WR corp and the off season isn't over yet.
I just don't see any possibility of positive outcomes..when the QB is pissed at the front office, and wouldn't even bother to attempt long term negotiations even if they had tried..nothing good happens that next season. And Pryor was a decent enough fantasy option when he was the only available option on a Cleveland team. Now playing second or third fiddle to Reed and Crowder (should be third, Crowder is 5 times the polished WR Pryor is, maybe even fourth if Doctson has any real ability), the only place his fantasy stock could've gotten any worse was SF, but at least he'd still be the top dog there.

Maybe his end game is to play QB once Cousins is gone?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any possibility of positive outcomes..when the QB is pissed at the front office, and wouldn't even bother to attempt long term negotiations even if they had tried..nothing good happens that next season. And Pryor was a decent enough fantasy option when he was the only available option on a Cleveland team. Now playing second or third fiddle to Reed and Crowder (should be third, Crowder is 5 times the polished WR Pryor is, maybe even fourth if Doctson has any real ability), the only place his fantasy stock could've gotten any worse was SF, but at least he'd still be the top dog there.

Maybe his end game is to play QB once Cousins is gone?

Well I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of guy. I told ehb5 that losing Garcon and Jackson was a opportunity for the Redskins to get younger, bigger, faster, at WR and let's not forget cheaper for the Redskins. I'm going to check that off for them now even if they do nothing else, but it's early so more may be coming.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bennett becoming a Packer, About ther only names left that could make a meaningful impact...
Charles, Lacy, Peterson, Blount and Lat Murray, all RB's....maybe Cutler or Kaeps?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M. Bennett to GB

BIG get for the Pack imho. He should've have better in NE if he could've just not been so named up the whole here. He showed what he could do..and Packers TE's have always had potential to be victims fantasy assets, but lately they'very generally lacked any real talent. Should be at least a lower end TE1

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M. Bennett to GB

BIG get for the Pack imho. He should've have better in NE if he could've just not been so named up the whole here. He showed what he could do..and Packers TE's have always had potential to be victims fantasy assets, but lately they'very generally lacked any real talent. Should be at least a lower end TE1

Big for the French Nightmare :nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's available
Mmmm we may be talking, but think I'm going to wait until after the NFL draft to make any more moves. I may make some hum dingers after that....maybe.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get why he would go to a team where he isn't going to get a chance at starting

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foles could likely compete for a chance to start in SF, L.A.Rams (although they should ride Goff, live or die), NYJets, Chicago (he's not markedly worse than Glennon, although it would be uphill), Cleveland....there were options