• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Fantasy Season

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that the fantasy season is still winding down this year, but perhaps if you are in dynasty or keeper leagues, maybe you’re starting to think about who will be the hot commodities next season?

Again, there’s still a few weeks to go, but here’s the top 10 of the key positions as of Nov 28, 2014:

QB – Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Brady, Ben, Brees, Wilson, Tannehill, Cutler, Rivers.

• With Romo, Matty Ice, Stafford and Newton having down years, I can still see them bumping Ben, Wilson, Tanny and Cutler out of the top 10.
RB – Murray, Forte, Lynch, LeVeon, Foster, Charles, Forsett, Lacy, Morris, Ellington.

• This is probably a testament to how frustrating the RB position has been. McCoy, AP, and Ball killed their owners. But it’s not like others helped. Lots of question marks for even some of these top guys going into 2015. Health. Age. Commitment. Scheme. Hit on the right combo and your team is strong. Or else your team suffers.
WR – Demaryius, Antonio, Jordy, Emmanuel, Maclin, Dez, Cobb, Hilton, Evans, Tate.

• The WR position seems to get deeper. And think of the guys who failed to crack the top 10. Guys like Megatron, AJ, Alshon, Marshall, DeSean and Julio. And how about the rookies that turned heads like Evans, Kelvin and Odell. Of course there's always someone that changes teams that becomes the newly hyped "homerun" WR to own.
TE – Gronk, Graham, Julius, Gates, Olsen, Bennett, Walker, Allen, Donnell, Kelce.

• Some may say that Graham under-achieved given his very early draft spot. I don’t expect that to change in 2015. But there are some emerging solid options if you decide to wait, or miss out on the top 3. Then again, there were somewhat high/repeat expectations for guys like Clay, Vernon, Cameron, Reed and Rudolph.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for next year, I added a few new DRAFT rules. I hope I listen to myself.

1. Don't draft a WR from a team that has a QB that runs/isn't a pocket passer.
  2. Beware of players with limited sample size. Kaepernick, Flynn, Cassel, Kolb, McCown and Gerhart should be proof enough.
  3. Norv Turner is not a magician.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2015 draft rule? Autopick the 5th round! (Ryan Williams and Bernard Pierce last two years)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster has missed how many games and is still top 5? Threes an indictment on the RB's

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust your gut, i bought some hype on guys much to my chagrin.........and well worst fantasy season ive ever had

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for next year, I added a few new DRAFT rules. I hope I listen to myself.

1. Don't draft a WR from a team that has a QB that runs/isn't a pocket passer.
  2. Beware of players with limited sample size. Kaepernick, Flynn, Cassel, Kolb, McCown and Gerhart should be proof enough.
  3. Norv Turner is not a magician.

Spot on here. I might add: Be wary of drafting a QB that runs/isn't a pocket passer.

Poor Norv is hoping that Rudolph will be his salvation...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you bring up 'rules' for next year, since I've tried to keep a running list of lesson's learned for several years now. Some are guy specific, league trends, and others are just observations (like west coast team traveling to the east coast for early games - lower expectations, etc). It's never too early to start thinking about such things. .... the hard part is not getting caught up in hype.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you bring up 'rules' for next year, since I've tried to keep a running list of lesson's learned for several years now. Some are guy specific, league trends, and others are just observations (like west coast team traveling to the east coast for early games - lower expectations, etc). It's never too early to start thinking about such things. .... the hard part is not getting caught up in hype.

The number of WRs that have emerged as every week starters is really amazing. Drafts next year will be very interesting.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some rules that I will follow based on experience, but since this is the league that I would like to conquer, I am loathe to share them!!!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean toward Forte #1.

If they gave him the amount of touches that he deserved maybe. Charles gets fed the ball and forte is third in the offense with cutler at the helm.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they gave him the amount of touches that he deserved maybe. Charles gets fed the ball and forte is third in the offense with cutler at the helm.

Not disagreeing, but Forte is on the field for 90.8% of the Bears offense. And he is #2 in standard format points. And if dependability and consistency count, I'd give Forte the nod.

Next in usage is LeVeon, McCoy, Murray, and Ellington. Charles is 11th in the "snaps" list. I like Charles. But he may be breaking down from usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who to pick for RBs next season will be a adventure for sure. For those that strike gold, they'll have a leg up on everyone that didn't.
As far as WRs go, well that could be a adventure also. So many rookies playing well, add that to the vets playing well and it could be tough getting a advantage.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The zero RB strategy is theoretically the best strategy in drafting... The only problem with it is that during the season everyone is fighting for the same Next to be RBs... WRs last much longer on the waiver wire!!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah c'mon Fuzz..:whistle::lol:

Well OK, I guess I just can't stand to not share...
-For years I have discounted WRs in the draft thinking that I could always find a WR late in the draft or on waivers during the year. I went away from that this year. With the emergence of this rookie WR group, I might have to go back to the old plan.
-I may be more inclined to stream DST next year- Matchups seem so important with DST nowadays.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The zero RB strategy is theoretically the best strategy in drafting... The only problem with it is that during the season everyone is fighting for the same Next to be RBs... WRs last much longer on the waiver wire!!

I honestly think that the emergence of all these WRs makes that strategy less pratical. My third and fourth round WRs are capable of scoring the same a your first round guy.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to tlance's point - which i think was excellent btw: i did a spot check of the top 4 teams in a few of the leagues that i'm in, and a key factor was a solid RB. some had two. the only exception was a team that had peyton manning and no noteworthy RB.

not to toot my own horn, but my kotf team probably has the worst WR's. but i had 2 decent RB (for a while).

as for fuzzies rules... he may not intentionally post them here, but we can read between the lines as he starts sharing in the off-season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do think the zero RB strategy is easier to implement the later your draft pick is...