• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2017 Undrafted Free Agent Signings

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have 20 spots for free agent signings. It didn't take long to start signing undrafted college players. Below is the list of Undrafted Free Agents the Patriots have signed since the 2017 NFL Draft ended.

Harvey Langi, LB, BYU

Greg Pyke, OL, Georgia

Jason King, OL, Purdue

Jason Thompson, FS, Utah

Josh Augusta, DT, Missouri

Corey Vereen, DL, Tennessee

Kenny Moore, CB, Valdosta State

David Jones, DB, Richmond

Jacob Hollister, TE, Wyoming

Cody Hollister, WR, Arkansas

Adam Butler, DL, Vanderbilt

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing good things about Langi, who the Patriots had in for a visit. He could push Freeny or Roberts off this team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing good things about Langi, who the Patriots had in for a visit. He could push Freeny or Roberts off this team.
Langi is a kid who could find himself on the roster just due to his versatility. Forget replacing Freeny or Roberts have him take Bolden's spot.
Pyke glad to see NE grabbing these Olinemen. Can never have enough. He played both T and G but if he makes the team he'll be a G. Could be a nice PS project type?
King I doubt he sticks too much to work on.
Thompson could be a steal? A captain and ST player. A team first guy. Former QB. All good attributes for a BB player. Possible PS and future replacement for McCourty?
Agusta will need a lot of work at this level to find a home. He either needs to add weight and become a Wilfork type or lose a few lbs and get quicker.
Vereen I never saw him play. I couldn't find a lot on him?
Moore another 5'-9" CB I don't see him sticking around. I love NE finding guys in programs like Valdosta state. No stone goes unturned.
Jacob Hollister great receiving skills caught a majority of his passes greater than 20yds downfield. Sucks as a blocker.
Cody Hollister 6'-3", 210+, 25 reps on the bench, 4.5 speed. A big red zone target with strength. Not likely to stick around with the WRs NE already have.
Butler would bring versatility with DL, DE and OG expirence. Not likely to make the team.

Now it's time to sit back and see what veterans BB finds as teams start releasing or try hiding players.

With the limited picks and few holes to fill I give BB a C+ to B- rating for the draft. Hope the 4 picks pan out?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langi is a kid who could find himself on the roster just due to his versatility. Forget replacing Freeny or Roberts have him take Bolden's spot.
Pyke glad to see NE grabbing these Olinemen. Can never have enough. He played both T and G but if he makes the team he'll be a G. Could be a nice PS project type?
King I doubt he sticks too much to work on.
Thompson could be a steal? A captain and ST player. A team first guy. Former QB. All good attributes for a BB player. Possible PS and future replacement for McCourty?
Agusta will need a lot of work at this level to find a home. He either needs to add weight and become a Wilfork type or lose a few lbs and get quicker.
Vereen I never saw him play. I couldn't find a lot on him?
Moore another 5'-9" CB I don't see him sticking around. I love NE finding guys in programs like Valdosta state. No stone goes unturned.
Jacob Hollister great receiving skills caught a majority of his passes greater than 20yds downfield. Sucks as a blocker.
Cody Hollister 6'-3", 210+, 25 reps on the bench, 4.5 speed. A big red zone target with strength. Not likely to stick around with the WRs NE already have.
Butler would bring versatility with DL, DE and OG expirence. Not likely to make the team.

Now it's time to sit back and see what veterans BB finds as teams start releasing or try hiding players.

With the limited picks and few holes to fill I give BB a C+ to B- rating for the draft. Hope the 4 picks pan out?

There is RB who they signed UDFA, who has been compared to Blount, but younger. He apparently has a high motor and "brings it" every play. I was hoping (not read up on him yet) that he can play ST and remove Bolden. I think BB is going to carry 4 RB, so it's a matter of who. I agree, Bolden brings nothing to this team but ST, and I think we have enough of them: Ebner, Slater, King, J.Jones, Coleman (don't think Coleman is on this team)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is RB who they signed UDFA, who has been compared to Blount, but younger. He apparently has a high motor and "brings it" every play. I was hoping (not read up on him yet) that he can play ST and remove Bolden. I think BB is going to carry 4 RB, so it's a matter of who. I agree, Bolden brings nothing to this team but ST, and I think we have enough of them: Ebner, Slater, King, J.Jones, Coleman (don't think Coleman is on this team)
I'll be interested to hear more if you find anything on him? It's time BB stockpiles players who can do more than contribute on just one or two plays a game and STs. It's hard to argue his success but every year we see players get injured and no depth on the 46 or 53 man roster. Slater should be the one designated ST player everyone else is replacable that you mentioned. J Jones maybe based on potential.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to hear more if you find anything on him? It's time BB stockpiles players who can do more than contribute on just one or two plays a game and STs. It's hard to argue his success but every year we see players get injured and no depth on the 46 or 53 man roster. Slater should be the one designated ST player everyone else is replacable that you mentioned. J Jones maybe based on potential.

LeShun Daniels Jr from Iowa. 6'0 215. Iowa ran the shit out of the ball. Not much passing tape on him, but he tested well at combine. Both Iowa RB ran for over 1,000 yards this yr. I believe he fumbled 12x in the past 2 yrs. Not good for him at all. Can he play ST is the question.

Leshun Daniels Jr College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2017 NFL Draft: Who is LeShun Daniels Jr.? 5 things to know about the Iowa RB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeShun Daniels Jr from Iowa. 6'0 215. Iowa ran the shit out of the ball. Not much passing tape on him, but he tested well at combine. Both Iowa RB ran for over 1,000 yards this yr. I believe he fumbled 12x in the past 2 yrs. Not good for him at all. Can he play ST is the question.

Leshun Daniels Jr College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2017 NFL Draft: Who is LeShun Daniels Jr.? 5 things to know about the Iowa RB
Thanks for the info. 12 fumbles yikes. He'd better fix that between now and camp or the best he can hope for is PS, regardless if he can play STs or not. Both RBs going over 1000 is a concern, how much was due to the line?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the photo, BB will have him carrying a football everywhere he goes and will fine him every time it hits the floor, even in the shower. Can't run with a football like you're bringing your teddy bear to bed. You got to hug that little fur ball as tight to your body as you can. He'll learn to sleep with a pigskin like its a part of his anatomy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROOKIE FREE AGENTS
Josh Augusta, 22, played in all 12 games as a senior and finished with 23 total tackles and one sack. The 6-foot-4, 335-pounder, first entered the starting lineup as a junior in 2015. He also saw action as a fullback during short-yardage situations.

Adam Butler, 23, was a three-year starter on the defensive line for Vanderbilt. The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder, had his best season as a senior in 2016, starting all 13 games and finishing with 31 tackles and a team-high four sacks.

Austin Carr, 23, led the Big Ten in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns as a senior in 2016 after finishing with 84 receptions for a school-record 1,247 yards and tying a record with 12 touchdowns. The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder, was a consensus First-team All-Big Ten selection and was a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award. Carr finished his college career with 107 receptions for 1,598 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Cole Croston, 23, was originally a walk-on at Iowa, who combined to start 18 games at both left and right tackle over his final two seasons. The 6-foot-5, 295-pounder, was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection as a senior. His father, Dave Croston, was a third-round draft pick by Green Bay in 1987.

LeShun Daniels Jr., 21, played in all 13 games with 12 starts as a senior in 2016 and rushed 213 times for 1,058 yards and ten touchdowns. The 6-foot, 225-pounder, was named a team captain as a senior and also was named team offensive MVP.

Brooks Ellis, 22, played in 49 college games with 41 starts and totaled 290 tackles, 3½ sacks, two forced fumbles and 13 passes defensed. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder, closed out his career with 31 straight starts and served as a team captain as a junior and a senior.

Cody Hollister, 23, played in 29 games with 12 starts at Arkansas and caught 27 passes for 342 yards and a touchdown. The 6-foot-4, 209-pounder, began his career at Nevada in 2012 and then played at Arizona Western Community College before transferring to Arkansas. His twin brother, Jacob, signed with the Patriots as a rookie free agent tight end from Wyoming.

Jacob Hollister, 23, played in 30 games at Wyoming and finished with 75 receptions for 1,114 yards and 12 touchdowns. The 6-foot-4, 239-pounder, caught 32 passes for 51 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior in 2016. His twin brother, Cody, signed with the Patriots as a rookie wide receiver out of Arkansas.

Andrew Jelks, 23, originally became a starter at right tackle as a redshirt freshman in 2013 and then started all 12 games at left tackle as a sophomore in 2014. The 6-foot-6, 307-pounder, missed his junior season in 2015 due to an injury and then returned for his fifth-season in 2016 but missed the entire season due to injury.

David Jones, 23, led the team and the conference with nine interceptions as a junior in 2015. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder, was injured in Week 3 of his senior season in 2016.

D.J. Killings, 21, had his best season as a senior in 2016, starting all 13 games at safety and finishing with 42 total tackles, one sack and three interceptions, including one that he returned for a touchdown. The 6-foot, 185-pounder, rebounded from a junior season in 2015 that saw him play in only seven games due to injury.

Jason King, 23, was a three-year starter at left guard at Purdue. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder, first entered the starting lineup as a redshirt freshman in 2013 when he started five games.

Harvey Langi, 24, played running back as a freshman at Utah before transferring to Brigham Young, where he was converted to a linebacker. The 6-foot-2, 252-pounder, became a full-time starter at linebacker as a junior in 2015. As a senior in 2016, he started in 12 of 13 games and had 57 total tackles and two sacks.

Kenny Moore, 21, played in all 11 games at Valdosta in 2016 and finished with 45 total tackles, one sack and had five interceptions. The 5-foot-9, 179-pounder, played as a true freshman in 2013 and also as a sophomore in 2014 before entering the starting lineup as a junior in 2015.

Max Rich, 23, was selected AP All-America third team and chosen as the winner of the Joseph E. Wolf Award, that is given to the top interior lineman. The 6-foot-7, 315-pounder, was a starter at left tackle over his final two seasons at Harvard.

Dwayne Thomas, 23, had a career-best 42 total tackles, one interception and eight passes defensed as a senior in 2016. The 6-foot, 201-pounder, played as both a cornerback and a nickel defensive back throughout his college career.

Jason Thompson, 23, began his college career at Wyoming as a quarterback in 2012 before switching to safety in 2013. The 6-foot-2, 208-pounder, played in six games as a true freshman and also saw action at running back. After transferring to Utah and sitting out the 2014 season, he played in 11 games in 2015 and 13 games in 2016 at safety.

Damarius Travis, 23, started all 13 games as a senior and led the team with 83 tackles and also had two interceptions. The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder, originally entered the starting lineup as a junior in 2014. He was injured early in the 2015 season and was granted an extra year of eligibility.

Corey Vereen, 21, was a three-year starter at defensive line for Tennessee. The 6-foot-2, 249-pounder, played in 13 games with 11 starts and posted a career-high seven sacks. He was awarded the Andy Spiva Defensive Player Award at the 2014 Orange and White game. Vereen played in nine games as a true freshman in 2013.