• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agents

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are some of the 2017 free agents that had fantasy relevance last year.
Some are on their way down. Others on their way up.

PLAYER POS AGE TM
Kirk Cousins QB 28 WAS < My guess he stays with Skins
Alshon Jeffery WR 26 CHI
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 34 NYJ < if he can't make it in NY, can he make it anywhere? It's up to you...
DeSean Jackson WR 30 WAS
Martellus Bennett TE 30 NE
Steven Hauschka K 31 SEA
Anquan Boldin WR 36 DET
Danny Woodhead RB 32 SD < seems like a forgotten man. And now 32.
Jared Cook TE 29 GB
Kamar Aiken WR 27 BAL < does Steve Smith's retirement help his value?
Brandon LaFell WR 30 CIN
Michael Floyd WR 27 NE
Vernon Davis TE 32 WAS
E.J. Manuel QB 26 BUF < Bills are crazy if they don't develop this kid.
Ted Ginn Jr. WR 31 CAR
Kendall Wright WR 27 TEN
Brian Hoyer QB 31 CHI
DeAngelo Williams RB 33 PIT
Terrelle Pryor WR 27 CLE < would his value decrease if he left LeBronland?
Jacob Tamme TE 31 ATL
Darren McFadden RB 29 DAL
Robert Woods WR 24 BUF
Le'Veon Bell RB 24 PIT < would be huge if he didn't resign with Pitt.
LeGarrette Blount RB 30 NE
Eddie Lacy RB 26 GB < rumor still has him in GB
Matt Asiata RB 29 MIN
Joique Bell RB 30 DET
Christine Michael RB 26 GB
Markus Wheaton WR 25 PIT
Chris Thompson RB 26 WAS < Thompson seems to be top RB but Matt Jones is still under contract until 2018.
Matt Barkley QB 26 CHI
Dontrelle Inman WR 27 SD
Mike Gillislee RB 26 BUF
Kenny Stills WR 24 MIA
Latavius Murray RB 25 OAK < RB situation is an enigma.
Cameron Brate TE 25 TB

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only ones there that get me interested are; Cousins, Pryor, Jeffery, Gillislee, Murray and Brate. The others - meh, could possibly be role players somewhere. ....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always interesting..some can shine in a,new place, some should but will end up withering after the payday, and many others will do nothing more than cloud what we used to consider a clear situation

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here are my predictions

Kirk Cousins QB 28 WAS < They need to pay him, front loaded guaranties that they can get out of after 2 seasons if he isn't working out.
Alshon Jeffery WR 26 CHI < Some team (not the Bears)could get a steal he has some of the best hands in the NFL my guess is he signs something just above the Doug Baldwin, Allen Hurn, and Keenan Allen contracts
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 34 NYJ < One of the teams drafting a QB high should sign him as a one year stop gap/ on the field coach Bills, Bears, Browns, Jets, or 9ers
DeSean Jackson WR 30 WAS < Rams could use a guy to stretch the field
Martellus Bennett TE 30 NE < Takes his new SB ring and tries to strike it rich in FA
Steven Hauschka K 31 SEA < Re-signs with the Hawks
Anquan Boldin WR 36 DET < Hopefully he has another year in Detroit in him
Danny Woodhead RB 32 SD < Signs a small 1 year guaranteed contract somewhere
Jared Cook TE 29 GB < The Packers top off-season priority per rumors
Kamar Aiken WR 27 BAL < He should take any offer the Ravens give him testing FA might get him a little extra money in the short term, but i think his career will be longer if he stays put
Brandon LaFell WR 30 CIN < Bengals may re-sign him, but i think Boyd will take some targets from him
Michael Floyd WR 27 NE < Seems like a bad fit in NE leaves for more money/less demanding offense
Vernon Davis TE 32 WAS < Go get him Lions!
E.J. Manuel QB 26 BUF < Gets a 1 year deal from the Bills so the new staff can see what they have
Ted Ginn Jr. WR 31 CAR < Small 2y deal to stay put
Kendall Wright WR 27 TEN < 4y contract to stay put
Brian Hoyer QB 31 CHI < Bears starter until the bye week when he loses his job to whoever they draft
DeAngelo Williams RB 33 PIT < Re-signs he's got a great thing going
Terrelle Pryor WR 27 CLE < Signs a short contract in NE
Jacob Tamme TE 31 ATL < plays 1 more year, but isn't really relevant
Darren McFadden RB 29 DAL < Should have fresh legs, signs a one year deal and starts next year
Robert Woods WR 24 BUF < Could be a good number 2 guy somewhere needs to get out of Buffalo
Le'Veon Bell RB 24 PIT < Richest RB contract in NFL history
LeGarrette Blount RB 30 NE < See Martellus
Eddie Lacy RB 26 GB < He's an idiot if he doesn't move on why a team drafts a fat RB then complains about weight every off season is beyond me. Plus GB always expects a discount in FA
Matt Asiata RB 29 MIN < Stays with the Vikings
Joique Bell RB 30 DET < Gets signed somewhere mid season because of injuries piling up not FF relevant
Christine Michael RB 26 GB < Will probably keep getting chances because he's physically gifted, His poor work ethic will stop him from having any sustained sucess
Markus Wheaton WR 25 PIT < If Bryant gets reinstated he should move on
Chris Thompson RB 26 WAS < Fat Rob will be the guy next season time for him to move on
Matt Barkley QB 26 CHI < 3rd string QB somewhere maybe he stays put
Dontrelle Inman WR 27 SD < Stays in LA has his best year next season
Mike Gillislee RB 26 BUF < Should go somewhere where he can compete for a starting job
Kenny Stills WR 24 MIA < Gets overpaid because of the 9 TDs
Latavius Murray RB 25 OAK < Stays in Oakland and has a good year next season
Cameron Brate TE 25 TB < Stays in TB
Tony Romo QB Dal < Released by Dallas ends up signing with the Texans and has a great season
Jimmy Garoppolo QB NE < Stays in NE, Brady retires with 5 rings

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo Williams RB 33 PIT < Re-signs he's got a great thing going
Le'Veon Bell RB 24 PIT < Richest RB contract in NFL history
Markus Wheaton WR 25 PIT < If Bryant gets reinstated he should move on
Bell... Franchise tag by the Steelers is more likely... Given his off-the-field issues & injury history it makes more sense. Unless he wants out of Pittsburgh, but he already stated he wants to stay. And throw in the fact that Dan Rooney already promised AB an extension that will command an insane amount of money, Bell's likely headed straight for the tag.

Williams... 1 yr deal I'm sure. Haven't heard any mention of retirement yet, and like you said, he's got a very good situation going for him. Don't see him leaving for greener pastures or wanting a starting gig. He turns 34 before the start of next season so the end is near. 1 more title run ought to do it.

Wheaton... Chances are slim he gets resigned regardless of how the Bryant situation shakes out. Eli Rogers emerged as the slot guy, and Wheaton already had his chance as the WR2 guy and couldn't keep the job. He'd be a WR4 battling for spot duties if he came back.

Last edited:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell... Franchise tag by the Steelers is more likely..

Maybe, but its in his best interest to hold out he signs that tag and gets hurt he costs himself 50 million the fine for sitting out is minuscule in comparison.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy RB 26 GB < He's an idiot if he doesn't move on why a team drafts a fat RB then complains about weight every off season is beyond me. Plus GB always expects a discount in FA

He got bigger than he needed to be. He was lazy. With that said I want him back with the Packers. I dont think he will command a ton of money but his ankle is a little cause for concern. His physical will be big for both the team and himself for his future.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping the blurbs from Joe and Stomp on EJ Manuel are satire.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think they know exactly what they are getting for Manuel at this point...or not getting lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Trudem all the way there..Manuel has no secrets, he is what he is, whatever that is, and the Bills are fully aware. Maybe someday he becomes a Kyle Orton, or Fitzpatrick, or whatever.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Trudem all the way there..Manuel has no secrets, he is what he is, whatever that is, and the Bills are fully aware. Maybe someday he becomes a Kyle Orton, or Fitzpatrick, or whatever.
I dont think he could ever turn into Fitz, well maybe the crappy version of Fitz today that is just trying to hang on.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping the blurbs from Joe and Stomp on EJ Manuel are satire.
When I get home from work maybe I'll research it but I think Manuel and Russell Wilson are essentially the same QB with the same type of weapons.

Unfortunately for Manuel, he did not have the coaching or the defense to help him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get home from work maybe I'll research it but I think Manuel and Russell Wilson are essentially the same QB with the same type of weapons.

Unfortunately for Manuel, he did not have the coaching or the defense to help him.

Respectfully. You are mistaken. EJ has a rocket.... that's it. No idea of pre snap reads, anticipation throws, or short passing concepts. And is terribly inaccurate.

Ironically. I have said the same of Taylor about Wilson. The only difference is coaching and defense. Maybe I'll give RW the edge in pre snap knowledge...

I'm happy the Bills signed Rick Dennison to be OC. He was in Baltimore when Taylor was there... as you can tell, I'm frothing at the mouth about this Tyrod situation.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would take a lot of convincing evidence. Wilson's leadership, work ethic and decision making seam vastly superior to anything Manuel has shown thus far. Even if the physical attributes are comparable

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure accuracy and reads are important. I'm not minimizing that. But teams and QB play differently when they are behind as opposed to protecting the lead.

Put Wilson on the Bills the last 2 seasons and see if his accuracy and decision making isn't called into question.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure every bills fan besides Manual's mom is gonna be pissed if they bring him back for anything besides Tyrod's clipboard bitch.

How dysfunctional is that front office if they let Tyrod go and bring back EJ?

EJ is what you get when you draft QB out of need/desperation, instead of taking the better value player left on the board.
Fairly confident most Bills fans would agree with that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering both Seattle and buffalo, throughout both QB's careers, were designed as defense first, run the ball, control the clock/game, and Buffalo has had respectable D's, the though not at Seattle's levels, I'm not buying that argument. I think Manuel was at least in part to blame as to why he was playing from behind often. His bad play was regardless of the score, and if your giving your opponent the ball, your negatively impacting your defense too. Put Russell in the Bills, he's still a great player, maybe hasn't won a super bowl or even a conference title, but AllPro level regardless

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG
I thought that's who we were talking about > Taylor.

How embarrassing for me. I guess I can't work and talk football without my spreadsheet in front of me. Yikes!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG
I thought that's who we were talking about > Taylor.

How embarrassing for me. I guess I can't work and talk football without my spreadsheet in front of me. Yikes!
Ha! That's awesome. Now, Tyrod vs RW, that's a comparison I would look forward too.