• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's OL is going to be ELITE. Thats a ton of money

That OL should be much better, now if they don't draft a RB, Crowell could have a nice season next year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
browns have to get a 2nd rounder just to take Osweiler off Houston's hands.

Browns acquired Brock Osweiler, a 2018 second-round pick, and a 2017 sixth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round pick.

Please, anyone just take this guy off our hands!!!! LOL

Might mean we are looking at Romo in a Texans jersey throwing to Hopkins next year with a good shot at the playoffs in a weak division.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that's correct...now the local Denver guys are LIVID...I'm loving this day

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt to CLE. .... wonder what happens with Pryor now ? Saw he is visiting WAS - that would be nice as long as Cousins stays.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, Is everyone else's hometown radio hosts as big of Homer idiots as Denver's are?
In a city most known for losing, most of the tone is all negative all of the time in Chicago.

A few ex-Bears are employed locally. (Steve McMichael, Dan Hampton, Tom Waddle, Dan Jiggetts, and Mike Adamle to name a few) Add in ex-Packer John Jurkovic and they break down the X's and O's fair and unbiased. They really aren't the problem. It's all of the other sports talking heads.

Even when things are good, there is a dark cloud of negativity surrounding each of our sports teams. It almost gets out of hand with the negativity.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean Jackson to TB.

of all the free agent signings thus far, this one has the biggest potential for fantasy impact, at least on current Bucs. DJAX will take the lid off and draw attention away from Evans. Maybe Evans won't lead the league in targets by like 50 again, but, they should be better targets, not so often forced into crappy coverage. Bucs still have to figure out what they're doing at RB, but it appears that Winston will be getting a significant boost, Evans a little bump, at least in consistency I would hope (slightly fewer looks but more often into standard coverage=more stable results). But, as for DJAX himself? More of the same from him. He'll connect on a few big ones here and there. Likely have an amazing game or two, but still an inconsistent scorer and even worse in a ppr.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt to Cleveland
With everything Cleveland has pulled today..I'm not sure what to think. But, Britt is very underrated. Able to produce worthwhile numbers in some if the creepiest conditions the past two seasons is saying something. However, Clev. still is sitting on RGIII, Cody Kessler, or maybe even Brock Osweiler. Plus he'll be competing with impressive rookie Corey Coleman, and possibly even Pryor. The situation in Clev. is still way too fluid for any solid opinion, but I do like the way things are looking so far.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt to Cleveland
With everything Cleveland has pulled today..I'm not sure what to think. But, Britt is very underrated. Able to produce worthwhile numbers in some if the creepiest conditions the past two seasons is saying something. However, Clev. still is sitting on RGIII, Cody Kessler, or maybe even Brock Osweiler. Plus he'll be competing with impressive rookie Corey Coleman, and possibly even Pryor. The situation in Clev. is still way too fluid for any solid opinion, but I do like the way things are looking so far.
RGIII expected to be cut.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Stills stays in Miami
YAWN....the only thing this tells me is Devantae Parker looks that much more like a bust. If anyone ever gave Stills any credit whatsoever, he'd be in the running with Cooks and DJAX for most overrated WR in the league

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Ginn to the Saints
Makes a trade of Cooks seem like a given. And Ginn is a realist, understands that he is nothing but a deep threat and won't rock the boat as Thomas, Coleman and that dyed blonde guy, what's his name work underneath and track up tons of catches and yards. A net zero in terms of changes for Thomas and Co., Brees spreads it out regardless of who is on the field, but a win for the Saints organization, same skill set of player, less attitude, less money

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith to the Eagles
Eagles seem to be all in on offense. Smith and Jeffrey, in addition to Jordan Mathews. Young gun Carson Wentz, assuming he continues developing will have plenty of quality options to throw to, and is the big winner here. Mathews is a big loser in fantasy terms. Granted, he'll be able to return to the slot where he thrived, but going from the volume of #1, to that of a #2 or #3 is a loss in value. Assuming Alshon's health, both he and Smith should be a full tier higher than last season..both finally have a decent QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is Brock. If they trade the farm for Garopollo, I won't own any Browns

Don't think I'd go that far, but I sure hope they don't trade for him, be a bad move.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of minor players with little to no point in talking about, CJ Spiller, Bryce Butler..ect..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I'd go that far, but I sure hope they don't trade for him, be a bad move.
I don't know how many times teams have to get burnt trading for or signing a backup QB who had success in like 1-4 games before they realize it's bad. And even more so when it comes to Patriot back ups..it's the system people, not hard to see it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's OL is going to be ELITE. Thats a ton of money
Ton of money for sure, but outside of Joe Thomas, I'm not so sure how elite they'll be. Better, no doubts, those guys are solid, but the oline free agent pool was kind of like a kiddie pool at the splash park

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Tretter but health is obviously an issue with him. He played above average at every position from center through tackle against Arizona in the playoffs two years ago. Zeitler was a big get too