• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow the proverbial shit hits the fan at 4 pm eastern. Romo, AP, Charles, Lat. Murray, Lacy, Blount, Jeffrey, Pryor, and DJAX all could have big fantasy impacts...both on the teams they joined..and the ones they left behind.
Feel free to discuss and debate and disagree with me..but I'll be sharing my take here

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow the proverbial shit hits the fan at 4 pm eastern. Romo, AP, Charles, Lat. Murray, Lacy, Blount, Jeffrey, Pryor, and DJAX all could have big fantasy impacts...both on the teams they joined..and the ones they left behind.
Feel free to discuss and debate and disagree with me..but I'll be sharing my take here

Going to be fun.:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall to the Giants- At 33 and beginning to break down a bit, BMarsh is still a force, especially in the red zone. Getting pared with OBJ is definitely interesting, but brings up the age old question of whether a strong #2 helps or hurts the #1. Invisible Marshall will demand defensive attention, drawing at least some of the coverage away from OBJ, but he'll also be demanding the damned ball..as Keyshawn might say. Also brings up the more modern question if, can two divas who play the same position coexist? I don't have much comment on that issue, as I think Marshall's "diva-ness" has been overstated, and I have a feeling he wouldn't have signed in NY if he wasn't comfortable playing second fiddle to OBJ.

The biggest winner should be Eli Manning without question, however, he's still Eli Manning, so, no telling, but hopefully with a steady option other than Beckham, he'll be a little more consistent. Can't really improve OBJ's value from where it was already, and I don't see it lowering at all. Marshall is likely still a solid WR2 who will be very TD dependant.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tolbert to the Bills (and Patrick DiMarco too)

Either move alone makes sense to me...together, I dont get it. But the only thing that isn't debatable, in my mind, is that McCoy's value takes a little ding with the best vulture in the business now in town. No one has ever banked on Shady scoring many goaline TD's, but at least he'd get the opportunity from time to time. Don't see many carries inside the five in his near future now.

DiMarco doesn't really affect much, but I feel like mentioning that fringe players who have basked in the afterglow of a Kyle Shannahan offense are cashing in.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall to the Giants- At 33 and beginning to break down a bit, BMarsh is still a force, especially in the red zone. Getting pared with OBJ is definitely interesting, but brings up the age old question of whether a strong #2 helps or hurts the #1. Invisible Marshall will demand defensive attention, drawing at least some of the coverage away from OBJ, but he'll also be demanding the damned ball..as Keyshawn might say. Also brings up the more modern question if, can two divas who play the same position coexist? I don't have much comment on that issue, as I think Marshall's "diva-ness" has been overstated, and I have a feeling he wouldn't have signed in NY if he wasn't comfortable playing second fiddle to OBJ.

The biggest winner should be Eli Manning without question, however, he's still Eli Manning, so, no telling, but hopefully with a steady option other than Beckham, he'll be a little more consistent. Can't really improve OBJ's value from where it was already, and I don't see it lowering at all. Marshall is likely still a solid WR2 who will be very TD dependant.

Probably hurts Shepard, fewer red zone targets with Marshall there, in theory anyway.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre Garcon to the Nines
Frenchie 2.0 cashes in big time. In part becuase the Nines head coach knows he's getting a solid producer, in part becuase the Niners need to hit the minimum salary floor.
There will be more to add to what to make of this signing once the QB situation is for sure settled. But as it stands now, Garçon at 31 as the #1 of a team QB'ed by Brian Hoyer is still waiver fodder for any league smaller than 16 teams

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably hurts Shepard, fewer red zone targets with Marshall there, in theory anyway.
I kinda lean the other way as far as value is concerned. Wasn't really big on Shepard last year but he proved me wrong. At the price that ODB and Marshall will come at, Shepard might be the best value out of the 3 when it's all said and done.

Edit: Well, then again the potential of ODB can't really be overlooked here when speaking value. Still, he's gonna be a 1st rounder: Give me a top 5 RB instead.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one I'm not sure how to think. On one hand, he'll be free to operate almost exclusively from the slot, setting him up to face nothing but nickel and dime DB's, which should be a good thing for his catch and yardage totals..but those redzone looks will often be dominated by the two big guys

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead-to the Ravens
Interesting, but confusing. Baltimore is not a team that has really involved the RB in the passing game..in like, ever, except Ray Rice I guess. Bad news for Kenneth Dixon's chances of truly taking the reigns in that backfield.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Treff.

My opinion on Woodhead is that he doesn't affect Dixon much at all.
At age 32, and having played 1 full season in the last 3 years, Woodhead should only see limited work.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Treff.

My opinion on Woodhead is that he doesn't affect Dixon much at all.
At age 32, and having played 1 full season in the last 3 years, Woodhead should only see limited work.
Very true, but hard to count out a guy who has consistently beaten the odds

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we're waiting for many "rumors" to become "official"..

The local Denver jags must have a bet going as to who can say the word "Romo" the most. As a life long Cowboys fan, never thought the day would come where is get tired of hearing about Romo.

Also, last week these guys were yammering on and on abut the need to go get C. Campbell, today reports are he's signing in JAX..and now they say he want worth it, took play off, wouldn't have fit in Denver anyways...jack wangs

Honest question, Is everyone else's hometown radio hosts as big of Homer idiots as Denver's are?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys here in Jax havent mentioned Romo much. If anything they talk about Cutler

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys here in Jax havent mentioned Romo much. If anything they talk about Cutler
Well that's understandable, Romo was never going to go there.

I guess what I mean is, these idiots keep proclaiming that if they get Romo they are legit super bowl contenders. They have one if the worst, if not the worst oline in football, declined the potion if the best lineman they had, actually becoming even worse than they were. The running game is a joke (mostly because of the line, but also lack of real talent at RB), and this "dominating D they continue to brag about is slipping and due to lose a couple parts as well, not to mention, a year older to boot. Yet still, everything is about an old, beat up, brittle QB who has made his living improvising plays, not managing mistakes and covering flaws elsewhere with his superior "football knowledge", like Peyton did. And if they get him, whoa boy, look out! Personally if I'm Romo, I'm signing in Houston. Every bit as good of a chance at a super bowl, actually made the playoffs last year with Brock friggin Osweiler, defense is nearly as good, and younger overall, better running game, receivers nearly every bit as good and deeper, and the line, while not Cowboys quality, is world's better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what I'm saying is they're delusional about not only the team as it currently sits and their prospects as to where it'll go, but also their "prestige" as a premier landing spot for free agents, and I'm embedding if that's typical for local Homer radio hosts, or if must if them have a more realistic take on the teams they cover

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see where Gillislee goes.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kinda lean the other way as far as value is concerned. Wasn't really big on Shepard last year but he proved me wrong. At the price that ODB and Marshall will come at, Shepard might be the best value out of the 3 when it's all said and done.

Edit: Well, then again the potential of ODB can't really be overlooked here when speaking value. Still, he's gonna be a 1st rounder: Give me a top 5 RB instead.

Another one I'm not sure how to think. On one hand, he'll be free to operate almost exclusively from the slot, setting him up to face nothing but nickel and dime DB's, which should be a good thing for his catch and yardage totals..but those redzone looks will often be dominated by the two big guys

Drafted Shepard in half my leagues, was very high on him producing with Eli.
Had a good rookie season, but can't count the times I saw him and Eli just not connect on short slants or dump offs when Eli faced some pressure. If they get in sync with each other, the slot WR for NYG usually is a good asset to have in PPR leagues.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question, Is everyone else's hometown radio hosts as big of Homer idiots as Denver's are?

DeMarco Farr wasn't all that bad on radio when he was in STL.
Yes, he was a homer, but he usually made good comparisons or evaluations after the games. Sometimes very critical of certain units, but hardly ever called out a player specifically. Usually targeted groups like the LB, OL, or secondary when dogging anyone. And it was usually warranted when he did it.

I'm probably in the minority with my opinion of him on the radio, but the other guys here were blowhard fan boys, rams always had a chance to beat any team if they did things right, no matter how bad they were.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recent news of Romo nite being traded instead of released...these local guys are losing their shit...this is like an all day long kings of comedy radio show

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's OL is going to be ELITE. Thats a ton of money