• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be surprised if Lewis gets cut. I think belicheck has a soft spot for him and for good reason.
True, but it would also line yoo perfectly with their modus operandi, getting rid of a guy that's seemingly a key cog with a year left... maybe a trade rather than a cut, but sure wouldn't surprise me

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis won't get cut, it will be Bolden. I am looking at him as a camp body for now. Right now you have Rex, White, Lewis, Bolden, Foster. You can't go into camp with 5 RB. Would not shock me to see Bolden and Blount get cut if a rookie is drafted.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted to leave the league's fans a better taste in their mouth than the after-vomit I've given them.... yes.

;)

The flip side of that coin. If you were a team on the brink of a playoff run, would you spend money to give Jay Cutler the keys to your car?

I don't blame him... but he has no leverage, imo.

After the play Houston has had at QB for the past 5 years they are batshit retarded for not signing Cutler already.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the play Houston has had at QB for the past 5 years they are batshit retarded for not signing Cutler already.

Cutler is no better than Hoyer.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is one of the most underrated QBs in the league IMO.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awww, man....
...resist urge to reply....

Better passer, better arm.. worse decisions, worse attitude, worse teammate..

To be honest, I was expecting more from Jay. But I don't blame him completely.

That said, as respected as Lovie Smith was as a head coach, he rarely had much to say about the offense other than "Jay is our quarterback." Lovie's focus had always been the defense, leaving the offense to struggle.
  • Four seasons under Lovie and Jay had 3 offensive coordinators. Mike Tice, really?
  • Jay's last four seasons without Lovie he's had 3 more coordinators.
  • Eight seasons and a revolving door of 6 coordinators.

As for his attitude, I just feel Jay has a reputation that was exaggerated and perpetuated by the media and unfortunately any lack of emotion is seen by many as proof of an attitude problem.

Not sure what gets generated outside of Chicago, but I never got the impression from the countless questions asked to his teammates on the local news channels that any of Cutler's teammates thought he was not a team guy or a poor teammate. Kyle Long in particular has gotten angry at all interviewers asking such a question.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awww, man....
...resist urge to reply....

To be honest, I was expecting more from Jay. But I don't blame him completely.

That said, as respected as Lovie Smith was as a head coach, he rarely had much to say about the offense other than "Jay is our quarterback." Lovie's focus had always been the defense, leaving the offense to struggle.
  • Four seasons under Lovie and Jay had 3 offensive coordinators. Mike Tice, really?
  • Jay's last four seasons without Lovie he's had 3 more coordinators.
  • Eight seasons and a revolving door of 6 coordinators.

As for his attitude, I just feel Jay has a reputation that was exaggerated and perpetuated by the media and unfortunately any lack of emotion is seen by many as proof of an attitude problem.

Not sure what gets generated outside of Chicago, but I never got the impression from the countless questions asked to his teammates on the local news channels that any of Cutler's teammates thought he was not a team guy or a poor teammate. Kyle Long in particular has gotten angry at all interviewers asking such a question.
Well I wasn't basing my judgement of his attitude on the media or anyone else's comments.. just the way he always looked like someone just shot his dog every time something didn't go his way.. the media filled in and helped cement that personal observation though.

I won't argue against the coaches and coordinators changing, I'm sure that sucks, and is a reason more than an excuse, but to me, a consummate pro handles those changes and finds ways to succeed (without anyone shooting his dog)

As for outside of Chicago...lol.. you can surely imagine what they think of him here in Denver. One guy brought up his name while they were discussing what to do after Romo retired... the other two hosts damned near peed themselves laughing

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--- further clouding of the NE RB situation ---
From Rotoworld:
CSN New England's Michael Giardi reports free agent LeGarrette Blount has "an offer on the table" from the Patriots.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--- further clouding of the NE RB situation ---
From Rotoworld:
CSN New England's Michael Giardi reports free agent LeGarrette Blount has "an offer on the table" from the Patriots.
Man, if they sign him, and end up hanging onto Lewis and White... my trade with Monkey for their newest special teams gunner and up man just might be boner of the year

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if they sign him, and end up hanging onto Lewis and White... my trade with Monkey for their newest special teams gunner and up man just might be boner of the year

It is so tough to figure when it comes to NE RBs. ..... but whatever the 'hoodie' plan is - it will work in the NFL - But fantasy-wise you can only take your best guess. .....:gaah:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade Lewis to you so you can stockpile lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would also be acceptable

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is so tough to figure when it comes to NE RBs. ..... but whatever the 'hoodie' plan is - it will work in the NFL - But fantasy-wise you can only take your best guess. .....:gaah:

Who gets the backfield touches in NWE? BB always playing those patriot games with fantasy owners.
Not sure I landed much outside of a handful of dart throws in the draft with that trade, but seems like NWE RBs are dart throws every week with their game plans.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction - Blount ends up in Philly as the early down back, outside shot at GB as a short yardage
Charles ends up in Denver.. which will just be an utter CF for fantasy purposes

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction - Blount ends up in Philly as the early down back, outside shot at GB as a short yardage
Charles ends up in Denver.. which will just be an utter CF for fantasy purposes
Just for my own self serving, pat myself on the back, purposes...i posted this before the news broke that he was visiting Dinkeys today

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for my own self serving, pat myself on the back, purposes...i posted this before the news broke that he was visiting Dinkeys today
Some say Charles is finished but as a Denver fan, I would love to have him. Still like CJ but Booker didn't show much.