• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Free Agent signings - Fantasy take

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the hell have Texans not signed him or kaep
They, like everyone else, are awaiting the Tony Romo and/or Garrapolo domino(s) to fall. Once those issues are settled, guys like Cutler and Kaeps, will follow

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They, like everyone else, are awaiting the Tony Romo and/or Garrapolo domino(s) to fall. Once those issues are settled, guys like Cutler and Kaeps, will follow
@Stomp 's tweet is spot on.
Word on local radio is that Jay would rather retire than start over with a non-playoff team.

On a related note:
Keep seeing how teams may be drafting QB for their future.
We already know about CLE, NYJ, SF, and HOU QB needs.
But Eli, Palmer, Brees and Rivers are getting up there in age with no long-term backup.
Might throw BAL and BUF into the mix.
Plus rumor is CHI may still draft a QB in case Glennon doesn't pan out.
That's an estimate of 11 teams.
There may be an all out blitz for QB in this draft.
Not enough quality QB to go around tho.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on local radio is that Jay would rather retire than start over with a non-playoff team.

On a related note:
But Eli, Palmer, Brees and Rivers are getting up there in age with no long-term backup.
I agree, wholeheartedly. I sure hope there's a few studs in there. There's really no fantasy heir apparents to Manning, Brady, Brees.. even Rodgers is no spring chicken. And outside of Luck, there's no real true QB's to take over...yet

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, wholeheartedly. I sure hope there's a few studs in there. There's really no fantasy heir apparents to Manning, Brady, Brees.. even Rodgers is no spring chicken. And outside of Luck, there's no real true QB's to take over...yet
watson, mahomes from a fantasy angle

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a related note:

That's priceless. Has Jay Cutler ever made the playoffs? I would suspect any team with playoff hopes would know that he is NOT the piece they need. In fact, he would guarantee an 8 win ceiling.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's priceless. Has Jay Cutler ever made the playoffs? I would suspect any team with playoff hopes would know that he is NOT the piece they need. In fact, he would guarantee an 8 win ceiling.
Technically Jay hasn't said that. He really hasn't said anything. But if you had the money he had, had been in the league as long as he had, and had gotten hit as often as he was hit, would you take less money to go to a rebuilding team?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has. Even made a NFC Title game appearance. The Packers knocked both he and the Bears out in that game. How can anyone forget Raji dancing after his Pick 6 of Hanie?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically Jay hasn't said that. He really hasn't said anything. But if you had the money he had, had been in the league as long as he had, and had gotten hit as often as he was hit, would you take less money to go to a rebuilding team?

If I wanted to leave the league's fans a better taste in their mouth than the after-vomit I've given them.... yes.

;)

The flip side of that coin. If you were a team on the brink of a playoff run, would you spend money to give Jay Cutler the keys to your car?

I don't blame him... but he has no leverage, imo.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted to leave the league's fans a better taste in their mouth than the after-vomit I've given them.... yes.

;)

The flip side of that coin. If you were a team on the brink of a playoff run, would you spend money to give Jay Cutler the keys to your car?

I don't blame him... but he has no leverage, imo.
Honestly I thought he would fit well with the Jets.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 scenarios I can see where I would say Ted's, he would.
#1, pure love of the game and can't bare to be away yet... which I would seriously doubt in Cutler's case
Or
#2, a pure cash grab, which I would totally buy. I know he's made plenty, but you never know with these athletes, we hear about them making tens of millions and then five years later they're broke selling hand jobs on the corner

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we hear about them making tens of millions and then five years later they're broke selling hand jobs on the corner

what's a z-job?
if you gotta ask, you can't afford it

upload_2017-3-29_11-51-18.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big rumor out of Denver this morning-- "internal discussions" about signing Adrian Peterson

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch in Oakland today, even did a radio interview, seems like a done deal he'll be the new lead dog in Raider nation, and I'm conflicted.

On the one hand, he's got fresh legs, was relatively injury free his whole career, except of course the last season.

On the other hand, who much can you trust a big bruising power back who makes his hay running people over who hasn't been hit in over a year? Even if he's stayed "in shape", will it be good enough to play his style and succeed? And he's also 30..

Cross another team off the list of potential landing spots for Charles and AP.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And shocker..NE and Blount are negotiating a new contract, good news for Blount, bad for Rexy..

They also resigned Bolden.. If they actually do sign Blount, someone is getting cut by the time the season opens.. my money is on James White, and maybe even Dion Lewis. Both only have one year left and neither would leave hardly any dead money. Lewis's production certainly did drop off after returning last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking that

My money is on Lewis getting cut.
Well if Lewis gets the ax, we're back to good for Rex, possibly even better, he's a better fit in the Lewis role than the Blount role.. let the big guy get beat up getting the hard stuff

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be surprised if Lewis gets cut. I think belicheck has a soft spot for him and for good reason.