• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Free Agency Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would rather watch that. I would rather not know that there is a player inhibited by a substance not always in control of what he is doing. That is a great way to get somebody hurt.

What? You'd rather watch Dwayne Bowe than Josh Gordon? Do you even like football?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the League made the choice that an employee who was violating the rules they set up would no longer be allowed to work until they were willing to cooperate with guidelines that had been established. Not like Gordon didn't know what he was getting into when he became an NFL player. He chose to violate the rules. That is his right but the company he works for also then has the right to fire him. Honestly the NFL gives players way more chances than most companies across the country. Most if a person tests positive once are fired.

You've added an entirely new element into this that isn't based on Josh Gordon's story. He was high on his own time. The company reached into his body and took something of his and made a determination from that sample that they didn't want him in the league. That's the problem. And now the fans don't get to watch him based on the league's decision. The fans lose, it isn't clear who wins and for what reasons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You'd rather watch Dwayne Bowe than Josh Gordon? Do you even like football?

Oh my goodness. That is nowhere near what I said. I said I would rather watch Bowe than a high as a kite Gordon on the field because of Gordon potentially causing more injury because of a lack of controlling all that he is doing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've added an entirely new element into this that isn't based on Josh Gordon's story. He was high on his own time. The company reached into his body and took something of his and made a determination from that sample that they didn't want him in the league. That's the problem. And now the fans don't get to watch him, based on the league's decision.

Again plenty of companies do this. I worked as a bus driver in college and we had drug and alcohol tests all the time. I don't disagree one bit with such a policy even if say I had only drank the night before and I only had trace levels of alcohol in my system when I came to work. It is a safety issue. HE did it at home but that doesn't mean he wasn't still affected by it when he actually did come to work.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my goodness. That is nowhere near what I said. I said I would rather watch Bowe than a high as a kite Gordon on the field because of Gordon potentially causing more injury because of a lack of controlling all that he is doing.
He's high at work browsing the internet, what do you expect from him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't quite sure what you said. That's why my reply was three questions.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like you have much of a grasp of the substance we're talking about. What exactly do you think Gordon will do to someone else on the field that he isn't capable of doing otherwise?:scratch:

You know a guy pitched successfully on LSD, right? And we ain't talking about anything anywhere close to that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again plenty of companies do this. I worked as a bus driver in college and we had drug and alcohol tests all the time. I don't disagree one bit with such a policy even if say I had only drank the night before and I only had trace levels of alcohol in my system when I came to work. It is a safety issue. HE did it at home but that doesn't mean he wasn't still affected by it when he actually did come to work.

Josh Gordon isn't driving a bus full of people. There's a reason the DOT has the strongest testing procedures and most companies don't.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't quite sure what you said. That's why my reply was three questions.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like you have much of a grasp of the substance we're talking about. What exactly do you think Gordon will do to someone else on the field that he isn't capable of doing otherwise?:scratch:

You know a guy pitched successfully on LSD, right? And we ain't talking about anything anywhere close to that.

I've seen plenty who were inhibited and struggled with reaction time, eye movement, body movement. So when we are talking about guys flying around at break neck speeds (and that is not a figurative statement) then yeah they need to be as sharp as possible to limit injuries if at all possible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon isn't driving a bus full of people. There's a reason the DOT has the strongest testing procedures and most companies don't.

No he is just flying around at 20 mph at others going 20 mph and encouraged to run into them at those speeds.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You obviously have your mind made up on the issue. Not sure why anybody should continue to argue with you because you will continue to just say the same nonsense over and over again. To me though guys running around that fast and that strong need as much focus as possible to try and limit injury to themselves and to others. One bad decision cannot only end the career of a player but possibly kill them. I would rather not watch a bunch of guys high as a kite running around in that type of situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen plenty who were inhibited and struggled with reaction time, eye movement, body movement. So when we are talking about guys flying around at break neck speeds (and that is not a figurative statement) then yeah they need to be as sharp as possible to limit injuries if at all possible.

What would you say if Josh Gordon told you 3 of his top 5 games were games when he was the most high? Wouldn't surprise me. Would it surprise you?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you say if Josh Gordon told you 3 of his top 5 games were games when he was the most high? Wouldn't surprise me. Would it surprise you?

So what...A person could drive home drunk 10 times in a row but that 11th time when they kill somebody is the only one that matters.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have your mind made up on the issue. Not sure why anybody should continue to argue with you because you will continue to just say the same nonsense over and over again. To me though guys running around that fast and that strong need as much focus as possible to try and limit injury to themselves and to others. One bad decision cannot only end the career of a player but possibly kill them. I would rather not watch a bunch of guys high as a kite running around in that type of situation.

If that's the concern then why aren't they all getting tested on game days? The reason this conversation has to end isn't because my mind is made up, it's because you are pretending weed is something it isn't.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what...A person could drive home drunk 10 times in a row but that 11th time when they kill somebody is the only one that matters.

Kind of amazing that your reasoning for having semi-annual random testing of a small percentage of players is that someone might die otherwise.:scratch:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of amazing that your reasoning for having semi-annual random testing of a small percentage of players is that someone might die otherwise.:scratch:

We tested driving school bus probably twice a year as well.

Plenty of safety concerns are built into companies with the thought that without this somebody might die. Doesn't mean somebody will and maybe it is going too far but I would rather a company go too far to keep people safe than to not care and not put in the regulations that could save a person's life.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the concern then why aren't they all getting tested on game days? The reason this conversation has to end isn't because my mind is made up, it's because you are pretending weed is something it isn't.

What is it then?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it then?

It certainly doesn't preclude you from competing athletically. You are acting like it's heroin where people can't even walk down the street after using.

And if focus* is your prime concern maybe the league should mandate amphetamines or cocaine before games start? No? Why not?

*Let's ignore the fact that many people use before working out because it can increase their focus.