• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron said he needed a backup point guard and people made it out to be the end of the freaking world and that they needed to make a move right away.

there was never any urgency- did you see what he said last night? Just have faith in DAvid Griffin- he has done an AMAZING job.

get some d-leaguer a month ago? LOL, what a joke. Jordan Farmar or Jarret Jack or Stephenson? lol.....

its just hilarious to me.
Nice spin on things AFTER the fact. I think most of us with a working brain know LBJ wasn't barking at his FO & throwing his team mates under the bus in the media if he had planned to just "sit back" and have faith in DG.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of COURSE

id take Philly's roster over every "rebuilding" team in the league that isnt named minnesota

they are stacked with assets and picks and are in great position moving forward.

Ill bet you my left nut the Sixers win a playoff series before the Heat do.

I disagree. I mean, on paper, I'd take the 76ers roster, but look at their assets. Embiid, who thus far looks like the best of the bunch, can't stay healthy. Simmons has lost his entire rookie year, Okafor's stock has dropped as has Nerlens Noel. Saric has at least played 56 games, but he's not exactly tearing up the league.

Games played this season:

Embiid: 31
Noel: 29
Okafor: 38
Simmons: 0
Saric: 56 (averaging 24.4mpg and 10ppg on .397 shooting (.327 from 3 as a PF)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I mean, on paper, I'd take the 76ers roster, but look at their assets. Embiid, who thus far looks like the best of the bunch, can't stay healthy. Simmons has lost his entire rookie year, Okafor's stock has dropped as has Nerlens Noel. Saric has at least played 56 games, but he's not exactly tearing up the league.

Embiid looks like he can't stay healthy.
When is he due for a new contract?
I couldn't invest in that unless he shows he can stay on the court.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like he becomes an RFA in 2018. I agree, it would be hard to give him a long term deal with his injury history.

Which brings up another point of waiting so long. Not only has the stock dropped on some of these guys, they could end up leaving via FA leaving the Sixers with nothing to show for their tanking.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noel's on the Mavs now. But everything else is spot on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This offseason. And he's going to get paid for playing a third of the season this year while missing the first two years.

Edit: Actually I think 2018.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he becomes an RFA in 2018. I agree, it would be hard to give him a long term deal with his injury history.

Which brings up another point of waiting so long. Not only has the stock dropped on some of these guys, they could end up leaving via FA leaving the Sixers with nothing to show for their tanking.

Bro, tank for the better part of a decade. What could go wrong?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Celts keep all their picks they have a great chance to have the best young assets.

I'm not sold on anything Philly.

Wolves have monsters in KAT, Levine and Wiggins, but they can't even crack the 8 seed and some other teams in the West aren't going anywhere combined with new up and coming hope for some of the other current down teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel's on the Mavs now. But everything else is spot on.

Forgot about that. Dude's stock has dropped so much, him being traded was barely noticed. lol

Also, he's still only played in 29 games this season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Celts keep all their picks they have a great chance to have the best young assets.

I'm not sold on anything Philly.

Wolves have monsters in KAT, Levine and Wiggins, but they can't even crack the 8 seed and some other teams in the West aren't going anywhere combined with new up and coming hope for some of the other current down teams.

Acquiring talent is great and all. But if you have a shit organization, it rarely translates on the court. Culture is almost as important. The Cavs are the outlier here as Lebron is just that damn good as much as I hate to say it. You took Lebron off the Cavs roster - they'd still have two other all-stars and based on the small sample size - would struggle to make the playoffs in the East.

This is why I'm not worried about the Heat. Sure, we probably won't be in the title hunt for the next 5 years. As a fan I got to enjoy 5 Finals trips and 3 titles from 2006-2014, I can't complain. But at least I can respect that my organization is trying to find ways to stay competitive and win. We had to sacrifice a large part of our future because Lebron and Bosh wanted those 6th years in their contracts that were never used on that particular contract.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about that. Dude's stock has dropped so much, him being traded was barely noticed. lol

I think Noel actually will improve in Dallas. Maybe it's because I hold Carlisle with such high regard on his coaching acumen that he can help develop Noel further. Plus he won't be in that log jam that was the 76ers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason. And he's going to get paid for playing a third of the season this year while missing the first two years.

Edit: Actually I think 2018.

Yeah RFA next summer. He better stay healthy and have a huge year next season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Embiid also missed two complete seasons due to injury, he could theoretically command a five-year extension worth roughly $150 million this summer if he returns to the court and continues performing like a star. For Philadelphia, though, that means tying up a major chunk of its cap space through 2023.The Process is about to become very expensive

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah RFA next summer. He better stay healthy and have a huge year next season.

He and Lavine can sign this Summer.

Both of their teams would have to be on crack to give it to them unless they take a Steph Curry deal.

But, if I'm Embiid's agent, I'm forcing the issue.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Embiid also missed two complete seasons due to injury, he could theoretically command a five-year extension worth roughly $150 million this summer if he returns to the court and continues performing like a star. For Philadelphia, though, that means tying up a major chunk of its cap space through 2023.The Process is about to become very expensive

With Simmons out for the year, this is the 5th straight year the Sixers have lost a big for the entire season.
(Bynum, Noel, Embiid, Embiid, Simmons)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Simmons out for the year, this is the 5th straight year the Sixers have lost a big for the entire season.
(Bynum, Noel, Embiid, Embiid, Simmons)

Yup.....but, I think Simmons is more strategic.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the brakes a little. It's the regular season. "Playing literally the highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era" doesn't mean shit if they don't win the title. Just like winning 73 games didn't mean shit without a title.

Also, let's see them go through the playoffs and win the title while losing only 1 game in the playoffs (as a couple of teams have) and then we can talk about "highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era."

Having said that, they are playing at a pretty fucking high level. I mean, a 50 point quarter against the team that is currently sitting in the 4 position for the playoffs...that's pretty impressive.

Agree that it's win it all or bust for this team. But I wasn't talking about the end result of the season. I was talking about the actual playing of the game in the 48 minutes they play each night. Have you ever seen a team play this well before? They play D, they pass, they score in buckets, they run, they have electric pace, they do everything. Maybe there have been teams as good as they are but never anyone better.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And will get 100M next year.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers jerking Noel around could be the best thing for him in the long run. Hopefully it lights a fire in his ass and he rebounds & plays D with anger to prove himself. (while working on a 15-ft jumper and a jump hook)

Noel (and other big guys) should watch tapes & copy what TT does on the offensive boards. He had 5 in the first quarter last night -- against Will H who is taller by 2-3 inches & Porzingis. Besides effort, I'm still not sure how he gets so many. (great position -- but why can't other bigs do it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.