• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. If the Cavs don't win the title, they are just one of 29 teams that didn't win the title. The only difference is, they will have spent a whole lot more money to not win the title.

I've watched a couple of Lakers teams have the highest payroll and not win the title. No one was bragging about how much money they spent. You know why? They don't give out trophies for having the highest payroll. Without a title, it's just a lot of wasted money.
what you dont seem to understand- and what you are all failing to understand- that who gives a shit aobut the money- i understand- spend wisely blah blah blah.

what it comes down to is LEBRON THOUGHT IT MATTERED. LeBron wanted an owner that would spend on a level like Gilberta nd Arison wasnt going to do it.

who cares how it ends up in operation.

if the difference between having lebron and not having lebron - is pleading to him you will spend WAY over the cap- you spend WAY over the cap- not becuase it necesarily guarantees y o uare going to be great- IT DOESNT - but it means LeBron is more likely to sign with your team. AND THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a billboard.

Anyone buying this or is Divac being sensitive?

Reactions: TJL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you dont seem to understand- and what you are all failing to understand- that who gives a shit aobut the money- i understand- spend wisely blah blah blah.

what it comes down to is LEBRON THOUGHT IT MATTERED. LeBron wanted an owner that would spend on a level like Gilberta nd Arison wasnt going to do it.

if the difference between having lebron and not having lebron - is pleading to him you will spend WAY over the cap- you spend WAY over the cap- not becuase it necesarily guarantees y o uare going to be great- IT DOESNT - but it means LeBron is more likely to sign with your team. AND THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

Cavs are only over the cap because they were in a position to be able to go over and had to because James overpaid his posse. Its not like they added any pieces to get this high, they actually lost pieces.

Once again, its not like the Heat let anyone walk like OKC, we just didn't have any cap space to ADD.

Your mumbo jumbo lawyer talk isn't fooling this jury.

#notOhiostupid

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wiggy sometimes you make it too damn easy. Must resist the opportunity to be a smartass!

now now, he's simply trying to relate the "truth" to the peeps that peruse these boards. he feels it's his civic duty...or some other BS...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"what it comes down to is LEBRON"

Got his ass kicked by the Spurs and bottom line is he didn't trust his banana boat buddy anymore.
Cavs had young assets and a very desperate owner.
Again, it worked out great for him, but the Heat did everything they could.

#results

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are only over the cap because they were in a position to be able to go over and had to because James overpaid his posse. Its not like they added any pieces to get this high, they actually lost pieces.

Once again, its not like the Heat let anyone walk like OKC, we just didn't have any cap space to ADD.

Your mumbo jumbo lawyer talk isn't fooling this jury.

#notOhiostupid
you guys just didnt have the type of GM like Griffin, and the type of owner like Gilbert that could combine to keep adding talent even with a paucity of assets and no cap room.

LeBron THOUGHT Gilbert spending more would help.

thats all that matters. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

LeBron is the difference between being a great team- and winning a title- and being a shit team and being in the lotto-

Gilbert was willing to meet LeBron's demands-- Arison wasnt- hence- the Cavs are the defending champs- and the Heat an irrelevant lotto team.

it doesnt get any more simple than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you don't understand (and apparently neither does Lebron) is, how much money a team spends doesn't mean a thing without a title. Period.

There is no "Yeah but Lebron..." bullshit.

There are only 2 outcomes to every NBA season. A team wins a title, or they do not. Having the highest payroll means absolutely nothing without a title to justify it.

In fact, I heard recently (don't know if it's true) that the Cavs have actually lost money. The only justification for losing money would be to win the title. So, if the Cavs don't win the title AND lose money, it's even worse.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a billboard.

Anyone buying this or is Divac being sensitive?

There was a sign that said "I made a better sign two days ago" in the background of the pre show. They should have been prepared for jokes to be made.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now now, he's simply trying to relate the "truth" to the peeps that peruse these boards. he feels it's his civic duty...or some other BS...

I got no issues w/ wiggy but sometimes he talks so much shit he's like a clogged toilet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys just didnt have the type of GM like Griffin, and the type of owner like Gilbert that could combine to keep adding talent even with a paucity of assets and no cap room.

LeBron THOUGHT Gilbert spending more would help.

thats all that matters. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

LeBron is the difference between being a great team- and winning a title- and being a shit team and being in the lotto-

Gilbert was willing to meet LeBron's demands-- Arison wasnt- hence- the Cavs are the defending champs- and the Heat an irrelevant lotto team.

it doesnt get any more simple than that.

You are certifiably insane.
Your assets came from SUCKING for years.
The teams were constructed totally different, then throw in both James/Bosh wanted the year 6 sign and trade which depleted whatever was left.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a well-run organization. They're clearly doing everything the right way. You have to tank to get all of this talent to make a title run herpa derpa doo.

Sucks for Simmons though.

Yeah I feel bad for Simmons but not for Philly. More reasons why tanking for 4+ years is not always the way to go.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel bad for Simmons but not for Philly. More reasons why tanking for 4+ years is not always the way to go.

And I'm willing to bet they won't make the playoffs either. And they're going to have to pay Embiid as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm willing to bet they won't make the playoffs either. And they're going to have to pay Embiid as well.

Mr. Embiid is on his way to missing 15 straight games. This is what his 3rd NBA season and assuming he plays the final 22 games (after missing the next 4), he would have played a grand total of 53 games in his first 3 seasons.

:clap::clap::clap:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Embiid is on his way to missing 15 straight games. This is what his 3rd NBA season and assuming he plays the final 22 games (after missing the next 4), he would have played a grand total of 53 games in his first 3 seasons.

:clap::clap::clap:

But Wiggy says he'd take their roster over ours 11 times out of 10. Gasp.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tanking to collect assets is one thing. But you eventually have to turn those assets into something. That is where the 76ers have failed (so far).

The basketball gods will tolerate tanking to a point. When you tank and don't do anything with your assets for too long, they make you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.