• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't understand (and apparently neither does Lebron) is, how much money a team spends doesn't mean a thing without a title. Period.

There is no "Yeah but Lebron..." bullshit.

There are only 2 outcomes to every NBA season. A team wins a title, or they do not. Having the highest payroll means absolutely nothing without a title to justify it.

In fact, I heard recently (don't know if it's true) that the Cavs have actually lost money. The only justification for losing money would be to win the title. So, if the Cavs don't win the title AND lose money, it's even worse.
whats the best way to get a title?

with or without lebron?

if bron wants it- he gets it- if he deosnt get it- he moves on

gilbert is giving him what he wants- the Cavs win big time. Arison didnt give him what he wnats- LeBron moves on- the Heat are terrible.

i dont know how much more simple it can get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Wiggy says he'd take their roster over ours 11 times out of 10. Gasp.
of COURSE

id take Philly's roster over every "rebuilding" team in the league that isnt named minnesota

they are stacked with assets and picks and are in great position moving forward.

Ill bet you my left nut the Sixers win a playoff series before the Heat do.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget they just traded Noel and Okafor is probably gone on draft night or in the summer.

I think they hold on Okafor for now -- probably until it is clear that Embiid is healthy. Also, Okafor's stock is pretty low right now -- I think it will improve if he gets consistent minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget they just traded Noel and Okafor is probably gone on draft night or in the summer.
no doubt

as i said the other day- only a little over a third of guys taken in the top 5 go on to become all stars...you need a lot of bullets to fire- because some are gonna miss.

but now- they have Embiid, Saric, Simmons- tons of cap room, and still a bunch of valuable draft picks.

would you rather have the Heats roster or the Sixers roster? its an easy question to answer

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no issues w/ wiggy but sometimes he talks so much shit he's like a clogged toilet.
th

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Embiid is on his way to missing 15 straight games. This is what his 3rd NBA season and assuming he plays the final 22 games (after missing the next 4), he would have played a grand total of 53 games in his first 3 seasons.

:clap::clap::clap:
....and he's up for an extension.

Fuck that...lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of COURSE

id take Philly's roster over every "rebuilding" team in the league that isnt named minnesota

they are stacked with assets and picks and are in great position moving forward.

All they have after 5 years of blatant tanking is Embiid and Simmons. The former has another injury that's going to take him out for a significant period after missing the 2 previous seasons. And they just drafted Simmons who has now missed his entire rookie year due to a foot fracture. For an organization that is known for losing, they need to start winning. And their best two players have very concerning injuries.

And you can bet the 76ers can win a playoff series all you want. That would require them to make it to said playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the best way to get a title?

with or without lebron?

if bron wants it- he gets it- if he deosnt get it- he moves on

gilbert is giving him what he wants- the Cavs win big time.

i dont know how much more simple it can get.

If the Cavs don't win the title, they don't "win big time"...they lose. Just like everybody else that doesn't win the title. The only difference is that they will have spent a lot more money to not win the title (including more than the team that did).

Not winning the title and bragging about how much money they spent, just makes the Cavs and Lebron look stupid.

No Lakers fans bragged about them having the highest payroll when the Lakers didn't win titles with it because it would be stupid. To be fair though, Lakers fans didn't brag about the Lakers having the highest payroll when they did win the title. Bragging about the highest payroll seems to be a Cavs fan thing. Or, more specifically, a you thing (since I don't see any other Cavs fans bragging about it).

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they have after 5 years of blatant tanking is Embiid and Simmons. The former has another injury that's going to take him out for a significant period after missing the 2 previous seasons. And they just drafted Simmons who has now missed his entire rookie year due to a foot fracture. For an organization that is known for losing, they need to start winning. And their best two players have very concerning injuries.

And you can bet the 76ers can win a playoff series all you want. That would require them to make it to said playoffs.

At this rate the earliest I see them making the playoffs is 2019

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs don't win the title, they don't "win big time"...they lose. Just like everybody else that doesn't win the title. The only difference is that they will have spent a lot more money to not win the title (including more than the team that did).

Not winning the title and bragging about how much money they spent, just makes the Cavs and Lebron look stupid.

No Lakers fans bragged about them having the highest payroll when the Lakers didn't win titles with it because it would be stupid. To be fair though, Lakers fans didn't brag about the Lakers having the highest payroll when they did win the title. Bragging about the highest payroll seems to be a Cavs fan thing. Or, more specifically, you thing (since I don't see any other Cavs fans bragging about it).

It doesn't get any simpler than that.
they already won a title.

everything from here on out is gravy train! lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 questions:

How many conditions regarding health, etc. are you putting on it before you accept the bet?

How do we know you have a nut to bet?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt

as i said the other day- only a little over a third of guys taken in the top 5 go on to become all stars...you need a lot of bullets to fire- because some are gonna miss.

but now- they have Embiid, Saric, Simmons- tons of cap room, and still a bunch of valuable draft picks.

would you rather have the Heats roster or the Sixers roster? its an easy question to answer

Heat with a healthy Whiteside making max money vs. Embiid who has been broken for 3 years getting a max this Summer.

I'll take Whiteside.

Injured Simmons vs. Injured Winslow

I'll take Simmons

Tyler Johnson, Richardson and the rest vs. Covington, McConnell and the rest....

Push

76ers draft picks vs. Heat draft picks

Philly.

I'd take Philly overall. But, it's not a landslide.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat with a healthy Whiteside making max money vs. Embiid who has been broken for 3 years getting a max this Summer.

I'll take Whiteside.

Injured Simmons vs. Injured Winslow

I'll take Simmons

Tyler Johnson, Richardson and the rest vs. Covington, McConnell and the rest....

Push

76ers draft picks vs. Heat draft picks

Philly.

I'd take Philly overall. But, it's not a landslide.
Dario Saric,? he exists right?

a bunch of EXTRA picks- the Lakers incoming pick - an UNPROTECTED Kings pick coming in as opposed to owing 2 lightly protected first rounders to the suns

etc....a lot more than you have on there.

i wouldnt trade simmons for any 3 players on the heat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a loser mentality. They are 1 and 1 in the finals and barring a major injury to the Warriors, it's looking like they will be 1-2.

That's not a very good return on investment.

Having said that, if they win this year, then all of that money spent becomes worth it. That's how it is when you are a championship or bust team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate the earliest I see them making the playoffs is 2019

Yeah we'll see. A lot depends on the moves they make and who knows what the NBA landscape looks like at that time. But over the last 5 years gathering all of these top 5 lottery picks. The 76ers look like they have an all-star caliber 5 (whom Wiggy has discredited the center position as being archaic) who has suffered from foot fractures and now has a partially torn MCL. As well as a promising 4 in Simmons who is missing his first year because of a foot fracture. And I'm waiting to see what Simmons does at this level considering his LSU teams did shit his one year in college and wasn't close to seeing the NCAA tourney - in the SEC of all conferences where it's only Kentucky and UF that are decent teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dario Saric,? he exists right?

a bunch of EXTRA picks- the Lakers incoming pick - an UNPROTECTED Kings pick coming in as opposed to owing 2 lightly protected first rounders to the suns

etc....a lot more than you have on there.

i wouldnt trade simmons for any 3 players on the heat.

Pretty sure I mentioned the picks.

Also said I'm taking Simmons.

But, you got me with Dario.

Kids a beast.

I like Luwawu too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta go downtown and teach underprivileged children about the constitution!

its 70 and sunny in The Land in Feb.--- Cavs are in 1st- and the weekend is almost upon us!!

have a wonderful day!!!!!!

images

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only could be gravy if you are under the mindset that without James they could NEVER, EVER win, which is prob accurate.

Thing is, most here see it differently because they are fans of the team.
You take the good and the bad.
Heat has been awfully good since they joined the league.

You'll just find another winning team to root for.

#itiswhatitis

Status
Not open for further replies.