• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

He gets to be a hero to those people and spend another year in college- instead of being a pro. That sounds great to me. Unless he is seriously dis-advantaged economically -- why not? As a teenage kid- staying on campus another year instead of busting my ass against pro's sounds fun. Being the BMOC instead of the end of the totem pole...

Next year's draft is supposedly not nearly on the level of this years draft either. He could easily go top 3 next year while this year he is not a guarantee to be in the top 10.

He was a guarantee lottery pick. Now if he tears an ACL next year, he is losing a ridiculous amount of money

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Silver on Mike and Mike right now defending the rampant resting that we're seeing throughout the league right now. What a cuck.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all those guys have insurance to guard against that type of thing.

It's up to the school I believe to pick up the insurance for the players - which is probably the case here. Iirc the the insurance pay out won't be much though when you determine the long term ramifications. Also, one year he's in school is a year he's not getting paid. Having said that, the likelihood of him getting injured in basketball is less likely when comparing someone who was going to be a 1st RD NFL draft pick who elects to go back to school.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to the school I believe to pick up the insurance for the players - which is probably the case here. Iirc the the insurance pay out won't be much though when you determine the long term ramifications. Also, one year he's in school is a year he's not getting paid. Having said that, the likelihood of him getting injured in basketball is less likely when comparing someone who was going to be a 1st RD NFL draft pick who elects to go back to school.
very true--- plus like i said- this draft is loaded at the top--- he def. isnt a guarantee to go top 10. Thon Maker went 10th last year and makes less than 3M

next year he could go top 3- and almost double his salary......esp. if MSU has a nice run through the tourney with him leading (which MSU often has nice tourney runs).

unless i was dirt poor- id stay in school- go into a weaker draft, make more money- and enjoy myself for another year before becoming a pro.

he is betting on himself in a way. I kinda respect that.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Silver on Mike and Mike right now defending the rampant resting that we're seeing throughout the league right now. What a cuck.
I hate Mike and Mike with a passion. Its the most cliche sports, boring sports talk I have ever heard. I can't stand it.

Silver---- ehhh.....as to the resting - im split on it. I cant fault teams for doing what they believe is in their best interest. I of course may disagree with individual situations- as I did with the Nets--- but there are guys that are being paid a lot of money to make these decisions with access to information that we dont have as fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
Need a poll?
Johnsons overall game is so much better.
Tell you what?
Give me a list of what Tristan does better.
Ill wait.

As much as I hate Wiggy, I will say JJ was the better player this year but if we're going by who is the better player since they been in the NBA then I have to go with Tristan. James Johnson was a pretty mediocre player before he came to Miami.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Wiggy, I will say JJ was the better player this year but if we're going by who is the better player since they been in the NBA then I have to go with Tristan. James Johnson was a pretty mediocre player before he came to Miami.

I agree 100%.
Im talking THIS James Johnson.
You thinks hes reverting back to the old one?
Losing 40 lbs made him pretty unique for his size because he is such a skilled ballhandler.
He can shoot.
He can rebound.
Hes an elite defender.
Hes as versatile as you can get unless you're Lebron or in
that group.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%.
Im talking THIS James Johnson.
You thinks hes reverting back to the old one?
Losing 40 lbs made him pretty unique for his size because he is such a skilled ballhandler.
He can shoot.
He can rebound.
Hes an elite defender.
Hes as versatile as you can get unless you're Lebron or in
that group.

Got it. Yeah you would be an idiot to say Tristan is better than this version of JJ we saw this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Tristan Thompson's worst day he wipes his ass with James Johnson. My last post I will have on the subject- as Im looking forward to the playoffs.

You guys can debate the Heat's scrubs as much as you like- you got about 6 months before they play their next game. LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Tristan Thompson's worst day he wipes his ass with James Johnson. My last post I will have on the subject- as Im looking forward to the playoffs.

You guys can debate the Heat's scrubs as much as you like- you got about 6 months before they play their next game. LOL.

The only thing TT does better is rebound.

Johnson averaged 12.9ppg, 4.9rpg, 3.6apg, 1spg, and 1.1bpg in just 27mpg. He also made 48% of his FG's and 34$ of his 3's so he is more versatile. Let's keep it real, Wiggy....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing TT does better is rebound.

Johnson averaged 12.9ppg, 4.9rpg, 3.6apg, 1spg, and 1.1bpg in just 27mpg. He also made 48% of his FG's and 34$ of his 3's so he is more versatile. Let's keep it real, Wiggy....
of course he averages more points- he played on a shitbag team. You think Johnsin is averaging 13 points a game playing with kyrie irving kevin love and lebron james?--- not to mention jr smith kyle korver etc.... cmon now..

dude is a solid bench player that would have no business starting or getting starters minutes on any kind of real team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locking this thread up. We can post in the playoffs thread and then, I'm sure once the playoffs are over, @bksballer89 or someone will create an off season thread.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was gonna give you a basketball or baseball avatar you'd hate, but realized I wouldn't like seeing most of those either lol. So I'm going with ASU, giving you 2 pictures to choose from.
asu12.jpg

Or
02-Haley_Game-YDX_6898.jpg

HAHAHA
(sorry for the delay been crazy busy lately)

But nonetheless, well played. I'll go with the top one. #BearDown

Status
Not open for further replies.