• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: Who Will Win - Bengals @ Raiders

Cincinnati Bengals @ Oakland Raiders - Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing a poll series this year. I'll see how long I can keep it up, but no guarantees. Even if this seems obvious, please vote, for this and other polls, as I will compile winners somehow at some point. (No penalty for wrong choices, just no credit. (Those who vote most have best chance of winning, right? Reward is props, sorry I'm not offering more.) I would appreciate real voting and not troll voting, as I want to see what SportsHoopla record is on these predictions. Also, votes are public, so we know those who troll. ;)

First up was Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots
Second was Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos.
Third was New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys.
Fourth was Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears.
Fifth was Detroit Lions @ San Diego Chargers.
Sixth was Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams

Next is Cincinnati Bengals @ Oakland Raiders, who wins? I'm not putting tie as an option, it's just not practical, though possible.

Voting ends at kickoff. You CAN change your vote, but the poll is public and you can only view after voting. So make your best guess, if public favorite changes your mind, feel free to change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Oakland quite winning this one. While they are definitely showing signs of improvement I don't think they have done enough to compete with the Playoff contending type teams. Cincinnati to me just needs to run the heck our of Jeremy Hill in this one. They do that then I see them winning by 2 touchdowns.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game were later in the year, I could see Oakland winning, but for game 1, week 1, I lean Cincinnati. I think the Raiders are getting better, and will continue to get better through the year.

However, the continuity the Bengals have coming out of the gate *SHOULD* be the deciding factor, over a team that will still be learning to work together.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK is definitely on the rise and I can see this being a close game if that young DEF front is getting some hits on Dalton...then all bets are off.

To echo CD7...if the CIN OL is controlling the LOS and Hill is killing it on 1st down...the Bengals have too many players to stop and a OC that does not want to lose this game. I would take CIN and the points in this one.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Oakland quite winning this one. While they are definitely showing signs of improvement I don't think they have done enough to compete with the Playoff contending type teams. Cincinnati to me just needs to run the heck our of Jeremy Hill in this one. They do that then I see them winning by 2 touchdowns.

I don't know about the 14 point win but I do agree that Oakland is on it's way, but is not the caliber team overall as the Bengals....I don't get all the hate talk on Dalton, he's just a few plays away from winning at the PS level, so a little luck and a big play or 2 and they could be playing in a SB IMO....
Just not this year, because we are going to win the big 50....Yee Haw !! :yes:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the 14 point win but I do agree that Oakland is on it's way, but is not the caliber team overall as the Bengals....I don't get all the hate talk on Dalton, he's just a few plays away from winning at the PS level, so a little luck and a big play or 2 and they could be playing in a SB IMO....

Haha you guys got to get through week 1 first before you start thinking Super Bowl. Dalton to me is a poor man's Brett Favre. He can have those games that make you think this kid could be good and definitely is a starting level QB but then can have those throws and especially those games where you just shake your head in disgust that he could be so Bi-Polar when it comes to his ability to play football. IT seems like though in these type of games against a lesser opponent is when he plays his best. It is why I predict them to win by 2 touchdowns even with it being on the road. I think they run it early and often and get up early. By the 4th Quarter that Oakland defense with very little depth will be completely worn out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what you're seeing is realistic talk about Dalton...I haven't heard anyone say he's terrible, he's a 9 - 10 win player...but you and I both know CIN has a lot of high draft picks on that squad (they swept the DIV not too long ago) and have only lacked consistent play from the QB position in the playoffs...if you put Joe or Ben on that team I think they would've won a SB over the last 5 years...certainly would have gotten there....they're still stuck on winning A playoff game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha you guys got to get through week 1 first before you start thinking Super Bowl. Dalton to me is a poor man's Brett Favre. He can have those games that make you think this kid could be good and definitely is a starting level QB but then can have those throws and especially those games where you just shake your head in disgust that he could be so Bi-Polar when it comes to his ability to play football. IT seems like though in these type of games against a lesser opponent is when he plays his best. It is why I predict them to win by 2 touchdowns even with it being on the road. I think they run it early and often and get up early. By the 4th Quarter that Oakland defense with very little depth will be completely worn out.

That's kinda generous imo...Dalton is solid but he simply has not played well when the games have meant the most...in the playoffs...he hasn't flatout lost games, just hasn't made the plays to win.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you're seeing is realistic talk about Dalton...I haven't heard anyone say he's terrible, he's a 9 - 10 win player...but you and I both know CIN has a lot of high draft picks on that squad (they swept the DIV not too long ago) and have only lacked consistent play from the QB position in the playoffs...if you put Joe or Ben on that team I think they would've won a SB over the last 5 years...certainly would have gotten there....they're still stuck on winning A playoff game.

Well he's certainly not as good as Ben or Joe, but I don't think it's his play that's costing them these playoff losses.....I think it falls on the coaches and in particular the HC....
He reminds me of Marty Shottenheimer , coached very well till he got to the playoffs and go total conservative until it was too late to catch up.....My Lord, if we could win with Trent Dilfer, and TB with Brad Johnson, they should be able to win with Dalton and all that talent....He's probably better than those 2 I just mentioned....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's certainly not as good as Ben or Joe, but I don't think it's his play that's costing them these playoff losses.....I think it falls on the coaches and in particular the HC....
He reminds me of Marty Shottenheimer , coached very well till he got to the playoffs and go total conservative until it was too late to catch up.....My Lord, if we could win with Trent Dilfer, and TB with Brad Johnson, they should be able to win with Dalton and all that talent....He's probably better than those 2 I just mentioned....

I agree the lack of playoff success is not all on Dalton...they've had injuries, etc...like most teams...but I can't recall any playoff game where you can say he played really well or even just good, and they lost for another reason...he's been part of the reason.

HC...If we're honest...Lewis probably would've been let go in a lot of places...but he's been able to buy himself a lot of time there because he's been just good enough to keep the team competitive which keeps the gate strong and extra cash for Mike Brown.

FWIW BAL and TB both had studs throughout those DEFs that year much like SEA had two yrs ago.