• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#14 is gonna be Dalvin Cook

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglass keeps saying best Player available. If that's the case, The only question is Who will be the best football player available at number 14? I don't think it will be a cornerback. The way I see the draft unfolding, the best available player will be on the offensive side of the ball. Of course draft day is so unpredictable so who the hell knows.

I think Williams goes to the Bills. That would leave Davis in Ross. As much as I love Davis, the speed and threat Ross would give this offense would be pretty tough to pass on. Our wide receivers corps would have both size and speed.

That being said, the Eagles usually value cornerbacks and pass rushers. I just don't see a whole lot there at 14 when it comes to those positions. Whatever they do I really hope they stick to best player available. Douglas says they will, we will see.

I'm pulling for Reuben Foster if he's still on the board

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, the rumor must be true....DJ gets his info from you!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some word that Kevin King will be the #2 CB off the board. Could be us. Humphrey just doesn't do it for me. Bama corners scare me because they have it easy and he's not good at playing the ball in the air and that drives me crazy. But chances are that Barnett, King, Humphrey are the BPAs at #14.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pullin for Chidobe Awuzie in round two. Versatile in your face corner who can actually tackle. 18 tackles for loss and 8 sacks the last two years.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some word that Kevin King will be the #2 CB off the board. Could be us. Humphrey just doesn't do it for me. Bama corners scare me because they have it easy and he's not good at playing the ball in the air and that drives me crazy. But chances are that Barnett, King, Humphrey are the BPAs at #14.

Like King a lot. I still want John Ross, and get the best available CB n the 2nd.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews and a swap of 1sts with Bills for Mike Williams.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

King has the size and tools you want to see in a Corner, however, I watched a lot of his games and for some reason they used him more to cover the slot than outside on the border. In their scheme he was used as a hybrid FS.

I love Humphrey's physicality, but the dude can't find the ball ... when he turns his head to find the ball he's not good at keeping track of the receiver. Ultimately I see him as an excellent free Safety or zone coverage / react Corner. If I'm taking a Corner at 14 I need a guy with good ball skills ... just not sure Humphrey's that guy.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they stay pat at 14, I think we can get Corey Davis, who will be another T.O., without the issues.

I really think that if we can't get Davis, John Ross is the next best choice, as he can "take the top off the defense", ala DJAX, again, without any issues, and is the fastest player in the NFL, with great ball skills like DJAX, who can go track the ball.

Last edited:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This makes no sense for the Bills. While I would love this trade to happen the Bills would need a whole front office staff of Chip Kelly's to make a traded this stupid.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ross would be fun to watch in Midnight Green - you can find and develop a couple of corners later, but you can't find and develop 4.22 speed. Especially in the Eagles' offense, he would utilized more than just a guy who can run 9 routes. Doug can get very creative with a guy like this mixed in with Jeffery, Smith, Ertz, Matthews and whomever RB1 is going to be.

I still like Reuben Foster at 14 - he would bring a disposition and identity to the defense that we need, there's nothing that he can't do - whether he plays at WILL or MIKE he would be an awesome pairing with Hicks. Really strikes me as a Schwartz kind of guy too.

- Reuben Foster
- Ross/Williams/Davis

These are my primary targets if we stand pat.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ross would be fun to watch in Midnight Green - you can find and develop a couple of corners later, but you can't find and develop 4.22 speed. Especially in the Eagles' offense, he would utilized more than just a guy who can run 9 routes. Doug can get very creative with a guy like this mixed in with Jeffery, Smith, Ertz, Matthews and whomever RB1 is going to be.

I still like Reuben Foster at 14 - he would bring a disposition and identity to the defense that we need, there's nothing that he can't do - whether he plays at WILL or MIKE he would be an awesome pairing with Hicks. Really strikes me as a Schwartz kind of guy too.

- Reuben Foster
- Ross/Williams/Davis

These are my primary targets if we stand pat.

I like them all, except that to me, Williams is a clone of Jeffrey, and I think we need more speed. If he's the guy, I'd have no problem with it.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King has the size and tools you want to see in a Corner, however, I watched a lot of his games and for some reason they used him more to cover the slot than outside on the border. In their scheme he was used as a hybrid FS.

I love Humphrey's physicality, but the dude can't find the ball ... when he turns his head to find the ball he's not good at keeping track of the receiver. Ultimately I see him as an excellent free Safety or zone coverage / react Corner. If I'm taking a Corner at 14 I need a guy with good ball skills ... just not sure Humphrey's that guy.

And that will only get worse with him playing here, because our coaches do not emphasize looking back at the ball, AT ALL!!! It was the most infuriating aspect in watching the defense last year, imho.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them all, except that to me, Williams is a clone of Jeffrey, and I think we need more speed. If he's the guy, I'd have no problem with it.

That's the PERFECT reason to get him. He would learn well under Alshon and they would relate. You add in a speedster from there as the 3rd WR. But having big, physical WR's on both sides of the field??? Who has 2 CB's good enough to cover them both??? Giants now have OBJ/Marshal. WAS receivers are getting some real size to them as well. Pryor is 6'4, quick 6'3, Diggs 6'4 - there is hardly a WR in Was now, that is not over 6'2. Dal still has Dez. The NFC East is going to be a beast with big WR's. I love that we got Alshon, but the real value is going to be having that 2nd quality WR that can take advantage of the coverage having a true #1 will demand. This is the perfect person and time to get a WR like Mike Wililams. We have Torry for speed. Throw him in as a 3rd WR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey is fast, but not a speed WR that can take the top ff the defense. He's faster than what we have, but I don't think he's faster than Agholor - just above average speed. I get you, and I like Williams (like Davis better), so you're right, as long as we add a speed WR later, ala K.C. Cannon, Dede Westbrook, Taywan Taylor, then I'm good with that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey is fast, but not a speed WR that can take the top ff the defense. He's faster than what we have, but I don't think he's faster than Agholor - just above average speed. I get you, and I like Williams (like Davis better), so you're right, as long as we add a speed WR later, ala K.C. Cannon, Dede Westbrook, Taywan Taylor, then I'm good with that.

40+ yard catches

Torrey Smith

2011: 4
2012: 5
2013: 8
2014: 2
2015: 5
2016: 1

Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, DGB combined

2014: 2 (Matthews only)
2015: 6
2016: 2

We know that SF was a bad situation for Smith. Even with that -- he has basically produced the same number of 40+ yard catches as Matthews, Agholor, and DGB combined over the last 3 years. Prior to that, he averaged better than 5 40+ yard catches per season. He may not be Desean Jackson . . . but he certainly has some big play potential.