• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#14 is gonna be Dalvin Cook

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rd 1 will be whichever CB they have rated the highest at that slot. They seem to REALLY like Marlon Humphrey from Alabama. The kid is really physical, athletic and a very strong Tackler for the CB position. I don't see that hip flip though like I see in other Corners like Sydney Jones or Marshon Lattimore (who will be long gone by 14), but that maybe more of a technique thing. So my guess for Rd 1 is either Sydney Jones or Marlon Humphrey. I think both Cook and Fournette will be gone by 14 (despite Cook not having a good Combine).

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we want to run more for sure, but I am not sure that means first round back.

Now, if it is Cook, I won't cry, because I think he looks like a franchise back. But I see two man corners: Sidney Jones and Cordrea Tankersley?

Just my opinion, but there's not such thing as a "franchise back" to me. Even if you land an elite talent, you're probably looking at 5-8 years of elite play. And how often does the best RB in the league translate to Super Bowl victory?

I'm not saying it's not important to have a good running game . . . and if Cook is the best player available at #14, then go for it. But I think landing a top CB would be more important than landing a top RB for this team.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
I think Rd 1 will be whichever CB they have rated the highest at that slot. They seem to REALLY like Marlon Humphrey from Alabama. The kid is really physical, athletic and a very strong Tackler for the CB position. I don't see that hip flip though like I see in other Corners like Sydney Jones or Marshon Lattimore (who will be long gone by 14), but that maybe more of a technique thing. So my guess for Rd 1 is either Sydney Jones or Marlon Humphrey. I think both Cook and Fournette will be gone by 14 (despite Cook not having a good Combine).
I think I like Conley better than Humphrey as far as corner plays go. I would not be surprised if Conley sneaks into the 1st round.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Humphrey seems like a tremendous athlete but I wonder if he will be a pro safety, not a corner.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm "personally" not a huge Hamphrey fan at 14 ... but the Eagles met with him for a while at the Combine and his first scheduled visit is also with the Eagles. There seems to be quite a bit of interest ... which means that they must see a good "scheme" fit for what they do on D. If we go Corner at 14 I would just go Sydney Jones who does have some flaws in the run game ... but is the best pure Cover Corner outside of Marshon Lattimore.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they are doing their homework on both as one of them is likely to be there, maybe both.

Jimmy G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE take Cook at #14. He's a great athlete and all (does have a fumbling problem), but I really don't want him available at #19. It has taken time to accept a Semenhole as my pro team's QB, but I don't know if I can tolerate an entire Semenhole backfield.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an offense driven league now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya what ... the Eagles have interviewed, worked out and talked to Cook every single opportunity they have had. If he is there at 14 I'm beginning to think he's the pick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my nightmares I see cook fumbling in the redzone in the playoffs like he did against Clemson.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya what ... the Eagles have interviewed, worked out and talked to Cook every single opportunity they have had. If he is there at 14 I'm beginning to think he's the pick.

Ironically my brother (FSU Alum) just texted with a snipet from Tomahawk Nation saying Cook is having his second meeting with the Eagles today and how this is very similar to what they did with Wentz last year.

I think if he is there and no one else super stellar drops to 14 it could be him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are determined to get Wentz that #1 receiver (Alshon) and top RB (Cook) combo to go along with what should be a solid OL this year. They already have a solid receiving TE in Ertz to also contribute. Because of the depth at CB in this year's draft they can afford to take a Back like Cook in Rd 1 yet get two potential starters at Corner in Rd's 2 through 4.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are determined to get Wentz that #1 receiver (Alshon) and top RB (Cook) combo to go along with what should be a solid OL this year. They already have a solid receiving TE in Ertz to also contribute. Because of the depth at CB in this year's draft they can afford to take a Back like Cook in Rd 1 yet get two potential starters at Corner in Rd's 2 through 4.

And this has been my curiosity for a while now....when it gets to that moment at 14 does it make sense to take a Cook and get CB from the depth later........or take a CB there and get a rb with depth later?

What's going to make the better return in that moment.
I think they are doing good work to be prepared and agile for that.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys recall, Shady had poor results in his pre-draft workouts, but a tremendous pro career. I see similar things for Cook in the NFL. He'll be a good player.

If they decide to go with a back later on, I really like James Conner in the 4th.

Reactions: Rey

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm zero % concerned about his combine or pro day numbers. The dude can run the freakin ball, and he can catch. Concerns are pass protection, injuries, and off the field issues. I'm not overly concerned about his fumbling. Though as a runner and receiver, the kid is absolutely special, and he's far more explosive on game tape than he is in the underwear olympics. If the rest checks out, this is a pick I'd be fine with. I know we need defensive help, but at #14 we're most likely looking at an offensive weapon as far as BPA, and I'm absolutely in on that strategy. This team is still rebuilding, we still need pieces everywhere. We don't have a legit RB, we only have receivers for one more year and who knows where the future is there. Zach Ertz seemingly only wants to play up to his ability the last month of the season. Dalvin Cook, Corey Davis, OJ Howard - all these guys should be heavily targeted at 14.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't worry too much about the mediocre workout #'s ... I've seen enough of Cook to know he's a hell of a player and the sub 4.5 40 time is plenty good enough for a RB; throw on the pads and he plays explosively fast with great vision and cutback skills. I wouldn't have a problem with Cook simply because our biggest need (CB's) is so abundant and deep into the middle rounds with starter type talent.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook would be a bad pick at 14. There will be guys in the similar tier at higher value positions, at DL, DB, or even WR. I'd be okay with him in a trade down if we pick up a 3rd.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 14 very well could be about snagging the best RB or WR on their board ... Cook, McCaffrey, Ross or Corey Davis. I "personally" would like to see a trade down (then take Cook/McCaffrey or Mixon) or either Ross/Davis at 14 if we are going Offense in Rd 1. I don't mention OJ Howard or Fournette as I see both being long gone by 14. Mike Williams seems to be going to Buffalo at 10 in just about every Mock I see, but I'm sure he's also in the mix if still there at 14.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with a trade down, but only if Davis, Williams, or Ross are gone.I just think that we still need a long term WR to grow with Wentz. I'd add Howard to that too, as Ertz is above average, but Howard screams "Star" to me. Plus, Celek is on his last leg, and Burton is not a complete TE. I keep hearing that we will definitely draft a DL, but I don't think they'd force it in the 1st round.