• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#14 is gonna be Dalvin Cook

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys that we're linked to could be late 1st round prospects. Joe Douglas has a lot of experience drafting in the 20s. Maybe they would like to trade down and recoup some picks. If they fail to trade down then take the BPA who might be a safety. If they do trade down have a long list and pick the top guy on it.

King
Conley
McCaffrey
Cook
Mixon
Ross
White

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys that we're linked to could be late 1st round prospects. Joe Douglas has a lot of experience drafting in the 20s. Maybe they would like to trade down and recoup some picks. If they fail to trade down then take the BPA who might be a safety. If they do trade down have a long list and pick the top guy on it.

King
Conley
McCaffrey
Cook
Mixon
Ross
White

My thoughts as well. I did not comment on it over the weekend, but the comments about how we have never traded down well hold about a thimble of water for me. Let's see what they do with this group going forward on that. I think with a guy like Douglas and other scout experience there they will have a better collective acumen for trading down.

And if viable opps do show up they should trade down and gather pics. We are not 1-2 open slots from being near invincible. If all goes well the next two years or so than maybe we are in that position (and not drafting as high....yeah....I get it). But none of that means we should ultimately end up with less than 8 picks just to get up higher when this is a draft to gather picks and go get many options for holes and depth.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk that Philly is looking at certain safeties and thinking of converting them to corner. It's a crazy good safety draft IMO.

using a 1st round???? Then it will be time to get rid of some coaches

Let the reaches begin... all for the sake of calling something ahead of time.

Sorry, good teams that draft well don't do this.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
using a 1st round???? Then it will be time to get rid of some coaches

Let the reaches begin... all for the sake of calling something ahead of time.

Sorry, good teams that draft well don't do this.

Why would drafting a Safety at 14 lead to coaches being let go? :noidea:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would drafting a Safety at 14 lead to coaches being let go? :noidea:

imho, it's a waste. You don't draft a C, G or S in the 1st. You draft a T or CB and grab the other in the 2nd or 3rd. if this is our last shot at drafting this high for awhile, I want a quality player at a quality position. You would do better converting a CB to a safety later in his career, than taking a S and making him a CB. And, imho, using a 1st rounder on this - is just being silly. You don't have to play tricks, when your good.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imho, it's a waste. You don't draft a C, G or S in the 1st. You draft a T or CB and grab the other in the 2nd or 3rd. if this is our last shot at drafting this high for awhile, I want a quality player at a quality position. You would do better converting a CB to a safety later in his career, than taking a S and making him a CB. And, imho, using a 1st rounder on this - is just being silly. You don't have to play tricks, when your good.

Couldn't agree more. It's why I don't line the way Howie has spent Jeff's money.

- 8th and 12th highest paid safeties and no corners above 68.
- 9th highest paid Center and 10th Highest paid Guard. At least he got the Tackles right (10th and 14th).
- Paying QBs not on the team over $10M. (Bradford and Daniel).
- Paying Curry and Kendricks $12M total.

This teams desperately needs Corners and Defensive Ends.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree totally with all you say above.

Also....it did not answer the question....why would drafting a Safety at 14 lead to coaches being let go?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally with all you say above.

Also....it did not answer the question....why would drafting a Safety at 14 lead to coaches being let go?

It's my opinion, that if a coach makes a move like this... there is a high probability it will not work out. Being a 1st round pick, will get huge notice and attention. And it will magnify everything else he does that doesn't work out. Kinda like Chip getting rid of McCoy, Djackson and both guards. These moves might not have made much of a difference if he kept winning. But the moment he began to lose, these moves became magnified even larger (even tho many on this board defended his choice, calling them punks and needing to go also). I'm just saying, it's a very poor choice and waste of draft resources, and would be the type of move that would be the beginning of the end "IF" we began to lose on top of it.

For the record, I do NOT think our coach does this or would ever entertain this idea. I think it's foolish, personally. And I think our coach is smarter than taking a S in the 1st to convert him to CB. Hell, I'm the one that always says we are not going to convert a CB to S. People talk about it ALL the time, and that never happens either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles take McCaffrey in the 1st I will be sick. That would be a horrible pick IMO.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles take McCaffrey in the 1st I will be sick. That would be a horrible pick IMO.

I would rather have Williams.
But I wouldn't be sick if we did.
His strength (or lack of it) worries me, but the guy has killer speed, killer cutting ability, great hands, and runs well. Learning behind sproles would do him very well. I can see him sharing duties with sproles, and getting primed for 2018.

We really can go many different ways this year. WIth the depth of CB, I'd rather use a 2nd and 3rd on them.

My choice...

1: WR Williams
2: CB bpa
3: CB bpa
4: RB bpa

But I don't think they will go WR given our moves and the way they are addressing many different holes. I'm ok with a few stop gaps and investing in them in 2018. I really think we should finish up the offense, then begin defense. Usually I'd go the opposite direction, but since we have wentz, and the NFL is so offensive minded anymore, I think this is the better play). Then in 2018, we are looking for a stud RB (final piece in the 1st round or FA), LT (via trade for proven commodity to replace Peters if he goes) and defense defense defense in the draft.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion, that if a coach makes a move like this... there is a high probability it will not work out. Being a 1st round pick, will get huge notice and attention. And it will magnify everything else he does that doesn't work out. Kinda like Chip getting rid of McCoy, Djackson and both guards. These moves might not have made much of a difference if he kept winning. But the moment he began to lose, these moves became magnified even larger (even tho many on this board defended his choice, calling them punks and needing to go also). I'm just saying, it's a very poor choice and waste of draft resources, and would be the type of move that would be the beginning of the end "IF" we began to lose on top of it.

For the record, I do NOT think our coach does this or would ever entertain this idea. I think it's foolish, personally. And I think our coach is smarter than taking a S in the 1st to convert him to CB. Hell, I'm the one that always says we are not going to convert a CB to S. People talk about it ALL the time, and that never happens either.

There we go. That's what I was asking. I don't share belief that Howie and his crew will consider a S converted to CB of their own volition. Furthermore I don't see Doug and his coaches as the meddling power hungry want to control everything type that dick nozzle was.

Based on that I could not see why coaches would have to go if such a pick is made and fails. That's all. Coaches have input on personnel. They can ask for a Safety to be converted to CB. But if that pick is made and fails it would not lead to coaches seeing the door. It would
Be player personnel types.

I have a hunch based on feedback that Lurie learned from the dick nozzle experience and made roles more clearly defined.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglass keeps saying best Player available. If that's the case, The only question is Who will be the best football player available at number 14? I don't think it will be a cornerback. The way I see the draft unfolding, the best available player will be on the offensive side of the ball. Of course draft day is so unpredictable so who the hell knows.

I think Williams goes to the Bills. That would leave Davis in Ross. As much as I love Davis, the speed and threat Ross would give this offense would be pretty tough to pass on. Our wide receivers corps would have both size and speed.

That being said, the Eagles usually value cornerbacks and pass rushers. I just don't see a whole lot there at 14 when it comes to those positions. Whatever they do I really hope they stick to best player available. Douglas says they will, we will see.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA, but if none of their highest rated players are still there, I think they go Ross.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their best and highest rated player will be Ross!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglass keeps saying best Player available. If that's the case, The only question is Who will be the best football player available at number 14? I don't think it will be a cornerback. The way I see the draft unfolding, the best available player will be on the offensive side of the ball. Of course draft day is so unpredictable so who the hell knows.

I think Williams goes to the Bills. That would leave Davis in Ross. As much as I love Davis, the speed and threat Ross would give this offense would be pretty tough to pass on. Our wide receivers corps would have both size and speed.

That being said, the Eagles usually value cornerbacks and pass rushers. I just don't see a whole lot there at 14 when it comes to those positions. Whatever they do I really hope they stick to best player available. Douglas says they will, we will see.
That is the word up in Orchard Park. They love the Clemson connection. Williams and Watkins are a solid 1,2. At this point I don't give a shit who we pick because I feel comfortable now with Douglas having the knowledge in this area of judging talent. At 14, we will get a solid player.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Gotta admit I feel pretty good/confident Douglass will have a positive impact on the draft.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone believes that the Eagles would take a Safety in the 1st round to convert him to CB. There are a lot of good Safety prospects later in the draft that have conversion skills, that's what they probably meant - if they get into the 3rd-4th round or whatever and have a Safety with a higher grade than a CB at that point, take the Safety if they believe he can play corner based on his physical traits. Schwartz plays a lot of Nickel packages so he would know what he's looking for in a certain player to work his scheme.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the word up in Orchard Park. They love the Clemson connection. Williams and Watkins are a solid 1,2. At this point I don't give a shit who we pick because I feel comfortable now with Douglas having the knowledge in this area of judging talent. At 14, we will get a solid player.

The Clemson connection was because of Rex Ryan - I'm up in Toronto so I hear a lot of Bills stuff around here - and yes while they are very interested in Mike Williams, I've been hearing that if OJ Howard makes it to them, he's the real apple of their eye.

I agree - stand pat at 14, we are very likely to get a very good player regardless of who's on the board.