• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#14 is gonna be Dalvin Cook

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors we might take Washington corner Kevin King at 14. He's apparently a Mamula-like workout warrior.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On first blush i was thinking picking rb in the first round was a silly thought but now i view it as likely. Here is why.

1. Many fans are still pissed about the Shady trade. They want a star rb.
2. The current rbs all have some level of Chip associated with them. Other than Smallwood. Howie would love to clear out the last vestiges of Chip.
3. The draft boards seem to be setting up where Cook would be good value at 14. Doesnt seem to be a cb or de at 14 that wouldnt be a little bit of a reach....and you could likely get the comparable player in round 2.
4. Howie's career at this point rides in being correct with Pederson and Wentz. Given their current offseason rankings i think Howie survives a losing season just fine. What he doesnt survive is a year where Wentz and Pederson don't give the fans hope. So to give the offense another weapon is the best thing for his future.
5. Howie did well in signing Long and Robinson this week. Gives him the flexibility to go bpa which very well may be Cook with McCaffery as a plan b.
6. They have had Cook in for a private visit. Always a good sign.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys recall, Shady had poor results in his pre-draft workouts, but a tremendous pro career. I see similar things for Cook in the NFL. He'll be a good player.

If they decide to go with a back later on, I really like James Conner in the 4th.

I remember McCoy going down if someone even TOUCHED his legs early on. He never made the first guy miss. Westbrook was very instrumental in his development. If we brought a RB back to be a RB coach, it should have been westy, not Duce.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with a trade down, but only if Davis, Williams, or Ross are gone.I just think that we still need a long term WR to grow with Wentz. I'd add Howard to that too, as Ertz is above average, but Howard screams "Star" to me. Plus, Celek is on his last leg, and Burton is not a complete TE. I keep hearing that we will definitely draft a DL, but I don't think they'd force it in the 1st round.

I'm "SO" not a WR in the 1st guy.

But iv'e been beating this drum for awhile. I'm still on board as wanting to get WR Williams also. The physical combo of Williams/Alshon would be "HUGE" for Wentz. Then throw in a good TE like Ertz and a speedster in Torry (or whomever else develops over time) and this is a truly potent offense. The type of passing ability will setup a good run game even if Erk's grandmother is our RB.

I'm also on record as saying, we won't do it. I think they addressed WR all they are going to this year. I strongly feel our #1 pick will be a DT/DE. But Williams is my 1st choice - even if we had to trade Matthews and trade up in the first.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I play around with this draft game (yes, it's just a game) the more I think there has to be some plan to trade down. That might just be the best play. A lot of the positions we need have a good depth of takent this year. More pics >>> high picks I think.

Out of all the mocks I ran the one I liked the most was trading down twice early and having more picks. It's basic logic but more picks means more chance to fill needs well and now.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I play around with this draft game (yes, it's just a game) the more I think there has to be some plan to trade down. That might just be the best play. A lot of the positions we need have a good depth of takent this year. More pics >>> high picks I think.

Out of all the mocks I ran the one I liked the most was trading down twice early and having more picks. It's basic logic but more picks means more chance to fill needs well and now.

Understand, but I cannot disagree enough. We will not have this chance to pick this high very many more times. This could be it. No way do I want to trade down, just for an extra low pick. Too much talent where we are. If anything I would trade up to 10, if we can do it for a player and a 4th or so. But I want no part of trading down. I want the best at their position, not the best value.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visit scheduled with Safety Jamal Adams ... who most consider a top 5-8 Pick. Interesting

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand, but I cannot disagree enough. We will not have this chance to pick this high very many more times. This could be it. No way do I want to trade down, just for an extra low pick. Too much talent where we are. If anything I would trade up to 10, if we can do it for a player and a 4th or so. But I want no part of trading down. I want the best at their position, not the best value.
Same here. And we'll never be able to draft a defensive player this high again. The offense already has young first round talent on it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm "SO" not a WR in the 1st guy.

But iv'e been beating this drum for awhile. I'm still on board as wanting to get WR Williams also. The physical combo of Williams/Alshon would be "HUGE" for Wentz. Then throw in a good TE like Ertz and a speedster in Torry (or whomever else develops over time) and this is a truly potent offense. The type of passing ability will setup a good run game even if Erk's grandmother is our RB.

I'm also on record as saying, we won't do it. I think they addressed WR all they are going to this year. I strongly feel our #1 pick will be a DT/DE. But Williams is my 1st choice - even if we had to trade Matthews and trade up in the first.

I don't we will have to trade up to get Williams or Davis, but we'll see. But with Jeffey and smith on basically one year deals, we need a long range WR to grow with Wentz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visit scheduled with Safety Jamal Adams ... who most consider a top 5-8 Pick. Interesting

If he's available at #6, Howie may trade up for him. He would be a more physical S than McLeod, I think.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will trade up rather than trade down. Our record of trading down is not very good.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't we will have to trade up to get Williams or Davis, but we'll see. But with Jeffey and smith on basically one year deals, we need a long range WR to grow with Wentz.

I think Williams will go at 10. I have not hardly seen a mock yet that has Williams going below 13. If we got him we would have too many WR's as it is. I am betting that we are going to extend alshon. I'm very willing to let go of Matthews for a WR like Williams tho. Can't imagine it taking much more than that him and maybe a 4th to go up 4 spots. SOOO love to do this.

I cannot see us drafting a S in the 1st, when CB is such a bigger need.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk that Philly is looking at certain safeties and thinking of converting them to corner. It's a crazy good safety draft IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a safety and move Jenkins at the deadline?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jenkins, not sold on McLeod after last season though, and he are paying him a lot to be mediocre.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading an article on BGN about Eagles seriously considering taking Mixon in the 2nd round. Many think he will be off the table on day 2. I'm all in on this and draft a stud BPA at 14. I really am liking Conley at 14 now. Thoughts?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the BPA's in every round, if they can fill the holes without reaching much. Conley would be good, and Mixon if Lurie says yes.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mixon is there at 43, I'd be surprised if they don't pull the trigger on him.