• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You know who lost last night?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta just say one thing here...

all the folks who keep saying that the Heat didn't "play up to their potential" in last night's game are selling the Pacers "D" short. but hey, some Heat fans are going to keep saying "we lost because we had an off night"...:bawling:

This is typical of them, they also a couple weeks back told me, Oden would be the Hibert stopper. :laugh3::laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that in a best of 7 series the Heat will have more than 2 players in double figures in every game of that potential series

You're likely right, however, that does not change the fact that last night, the Pacers D had a lot to do with why the Heat only had 2 players in double figures.

The Pacers defend the Heat as well as any team in the NBA and last night, their defense did it's job. Can they do it enough to win 4 games in a 7 game series, we'll likely find out. But for last night, their defense held up well.

I don't understand why Heat fans can't simply say: "The Pacers defense did it's job and the Pacers won the game because of that".

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that in a best of 7 series the Heat will have more than 2 players in double figures in every game of that potential series

i hear what you're saying, but that's hardly the point. i simply said some of you were selling the Pacer's D short. that's simply the truth...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is typical of them, they also a couple weeks back told me, Oden would be the Hibert stopper. :laugh3::laugh3:

My bad.....Blame my phone.

Anytime I would type in Haslem, my auto correct would change it to oden so technically I was right all along

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anytime I would type in Haslem, my auto correct would change it to oden so technically I was right all along

i'll say it again, i NEVER expected to see that in last night's game...

someone needs to develop a killer instinct...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea right, you don't even believe that one yourself. :laugh3:

Also Oden might not even be on the playoff roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be on the playoff roster. He may not be in the playoff rotation but he will be in uniform

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLKr6ynpMw]Should LeBron James Have Taken The Final Shot? - YouTube[/ame]

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not Lebron call.

They ran a play and a damn good look but Bosh rushed it. Spoelstra said if he had to do it over he would've ran something for Lebron but I love the way people want to blame LBJ when the coach drew up the play.

Absolutely nothing was wrong with the play he drew up. As a coach in a end of the game situation, you just want to draw up something where you give your guy a good look and he did that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not Lebron call.

They ran a play and a damn good look but Bosh rushed it. Spoelstra said if he had to do it over he would've ran something for Lebron but I love the way people want to blame LBJ when the coach drew up the play.

Absolutely nothing was wrong with the play he drew up. As a coach in a end of the game situation, you just want to draw up something where you give your guy a good look and he did that.

Actually, there was a lot wrong with the play Spoelstra drew up. There were 2 seconds left in the game. That's not enough time for Lebron to take the inbounds pass, pass it to Bosh and give Bosh enough time to get his shoulders squared and shoot. That's why he basically ended up throwing the ball at the hoop.

If there would have been more like 4 seconds left, it definitely would have been a good play. Bosh is one of the top 5 shooters in the league from that area.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a degree....That's a play you run for Ray Allen not for Bosh but point is bitching about Lebron not taking the shot is stupid here. He ran what they drew up in the huddle.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there was a lot wrong with the play Spoelstra drew up. There were 2 seconds left in the game. That's not enough time for Lebron to take the inbounds pass, pass it to Bosh and give Bosh enough time to get his shoulders squared and shoot. That's why he basically ended up throwing the ball at the hoop.

If there would have been more like 4 seconds left, it definitely would have been a good play. Bosh is one of the top 5 shooters in the league from that area.

In theory I would agree, but I highly doubt that Spoelstra selected an option that hadn't been run in practice counties times.

Any play in that situation is not a high % proposition.
I suppose you could just send James to the basket and hope for a whistle, but I like that option much better at home.

Then, he still would have had to make both FT's, and that's hardly a cinch.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a degree....That's a play you run for Ray Allen not for Bosh but point is bitching about Lebron not taking the shot is stupid here. He ran what they drew up in the huddle.

Correct.
James knew his role was one of a decoy.
He did everything exactly as it was drawn up.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is scared to take free throws under pressure in those situations because he knows he will choke.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on here show their lack of basketball IQ blaming LBJ for not taking the last shot there. You run what the coach draws up unless the defense does something to prevent you from running it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory I would agree, but I highly doubt that Spoelstra selected an option that hadn't been run in practice counties times.

Any play in that situation is not a high % proposition.
I suppose you could just send James to the basket and hope for a whistle, but I like that option much better at home.

Then, he still would have had to make both FT's, and that's hardly a cinch.

It's not Lebron's fault because as bk points out, Spoelstra drew the play. However, with only 2 seconds left, it should have been Lebron's shot. In 2 seconds, he can get the ball, take a quick dribble for timing and take a good shot. Trying to get it from him to Bosh and let Bosh get set and shoot, just doesn't give Bosh time to get a good shot off.

As you say, there really isn't a high % shot in that situation, but Lebron could have gotten a higher quality shot. The real mistake though, was waiting so long to foul.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on here show their lack of basketball IQ blaming LBJ for not taking the last shot there. You run what the coach draws up unless the defense does something to prevent you from running it

You have to excuse most of them. They can't comprehend a player listening to his coach.
Kobe is on their team and he'd rather shoot, and I guess they would rather see a contested 40 footer while being double teamed.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to excuse most of them. They can't comprehend a player listening to his coach.
Kobe is on their team and he'd rather shoot, and I guess they would rather see a contested 40 footer while being double teamed.

3 guesses who's trying to make this about Lakers fans again...:lol::lol: