• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You know who lost last night?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people in here state that they want their team to beat the best on their path to the Title etc, yet they seem to have no issues with the refs helping them win.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the Wade 3, where the ref was 2 feet away, should be right 100% of the time. It is an easy call, anyone could make. The travel I could see, but you take one bad call away the Heat win. It doesn't really matter, it would matter more in a playoff game. It is just one meaningless game anyway for the Heat.

The ref was close, but given the angle he had on the play, I understand why he would have thought Wade's heel touched out of bounds. It's an easy call when you have use of instant replay. Not so easy at game speed.

And you can't claim that taking away one bad call means the Heat win. The game doesn't necessarily play out the same if Wade's 3 counted.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people in here state that they want their team to beat the best on their path to the Title etc, yet they seem to have no issues with the refs helping them win.

Wait, you're not blaming the refs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the Wade 3, where the ref was 2 feet away, should be right 100% of the time. It is an easy call, anyone could make. The travel I could see, but you take one bad call away the Heat win. It doesn't really matter, it would matter more in a playoff game. It is just one meaningless game anyway for the Heat.

And there is at least one call like that every single game. The refs are calling the game in realtime without the benefit of camera angles and their replay options are very limited.

Stuff is going to get missed. If you want to look for the real reasons that the Heat lost, how about the following?

1.) They missed 8 free throws.
2.) With a little over 2 minutes left in the game and the Heat trailing 76-73. Lebron hit a 3 point shot that tied the game and gave him 38 points for the game. Lebron finished the game with 38 points. Where was he for those last 2 minutes?
3.) Mario Chalmers shot 2 for 10.
4.) Chris Bosh shot 3 for 11.
5.) The Heat only shot 31% from the 3 point line

Those are the reasons the Heat lost.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure you understand how to use stats to identify inconsistencies. Everything I have stated is an inconsistency or anomaly and none of them went in the favor of MIA. That is the entire point. Had they been split we could say that the refs just sucked, but that wasn't the case. The refs were bias.

MIA shoots 76% from the FT line, 72.4% is far from an anomaly. If MIA shot 76% that would in fact be a total of 22.04 FTs made vs their 21. That would have tied the game but hardly something I would say if only this had happened yada yada yada.

So what you are saying is that if MIA plays better than they normally play they could have beat both IND and the refs?

This is hands down the stupidest thing I've read today and maybe ever. The problem isn't my ability to use stats to identify inconsistencies, it's that the stats dispute your desire to blame the refs.

And the Heat didn't play better or even as well as they normally do. That is unless of course, Mario Chalmers usually only shoots 2 for 10 from the field, Bosh usually only shoots 3 for 11 from the field and the Heat usually only shoot 31% from the 3-point line.

Funny how none of the real Heat fans seem to be blaming the refs, it's just you and shane.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am not.

Even if I was it does not mean I would change because of what other people think. Provide me evidence that I am wrong and we discuss it like we have been. I am not going to change what I think is right based on an opinion based on nothing.

You're right Shane is blaming them too. Neither of you are actual Heat fans, so it's not surprising.

Look at post #46, there's all the evidence needed.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole game thread was littered with pacers fans bitching about the refs....

What Pacers fans that are regulars on this board were bitching? I sure wasn't. The only other regular Pacers fan here is Blue. Hurricane is hardly ever on.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hands down the stupidest thing I've read today and maybe ever. The problem isn't my ability to use stats to identify inconsistencies, it's that the stats dispute your desire to blame the refs.

And the Heat didn't play better or even as well as they normally do. That is unless of course, Mario Chalmers usually only shoots 2 for 10 from the field, Bosh usually only shoots 3 for 11 from the field and the Heat usually only shoot 31% from the 3-point line.

Funny how none of the real Heat fans seem to be blaming the refs, it's just you and shane.

I know you think disagreeing and calling names is intelligent debate but I assure you it is not. Please explain how MIA earning more fouls while in the act of shooting or in the bonus means that the refs were not bias?

MIA is an offensive juggernaut and IND is a handsy physical defense, that is when MIA is going to earn calls.

Meanwhile IND is a pathetic offense and MIA when motivated is a very good non physical defense. IND is not going to be fouled in the act of shooting nearly as often.

Could MIA have played better? Yup. Should MIA have to beat IND and the refs? Nope.

If anything this game backs up every thing I have said all year. If MIA and IND are reffed consistently IND does not stand a chance. MIA got hosed on every call and every body but LBJ and Haslem played like shit and they were with out Ray Allen and they lost by 1.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Pacers fans that are regulars on this board were bitching? I sure wasn't. The only other regular Pacers fan here is Blue. Hurricane is hardly ever on.

and blue was bitching yesterday about the refs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you think disagreeing and calling names is intelligent debate but I assure you it is not. Please explain how MIA earning more fouls while in the act of shooting or in the bonus means that the refs were not bias?

MIA is an offensive juggernaut and IND is a handsy physical defense, that is when MIA is going to earn calls.

Meanwhile IND is a pathetic offense and MIA when motivated is a very good non physical defense. IND is not going to be fouled in the act of shooting nearly as often.

Could MIA have played better? Yup. Should MIA have to beat IND and the refs? Nope.

If anything this game backs up every thing I have said all year. If MIA and IND are reffed consistently IND does not stand a chance. MIA got hosed on every call and every body but LBJ and Haslem played like shit and they were with out Ray Allen and they lost by 1.

Exactly when did I call you a name?

This game doesn't prove a thing. Whether you like it or not, the "stats" show that the problem was NOT the refs. The problem was that outside of Lebron and little bit of D-Wade, none of the Heat players played particularly well and even Lebron was pretty much a non-factor (at least offensively) in the last 2 minutes of the game.

The Heat lost because they didn't play well enough to win. In fact, the real Heat fans on here are actually taking solace in the fact that the Heat didn't play to their abilities and still only lost by a point.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play well and still SHOULD have won the game.

Other than disagreeing with me and FTs taken you have offered nothing to the refs were non bias stance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than disagreeing with me and FTs taken you have offered nothing to the refs were non bias stance.

I didn't mention Chalmers shooting 2 for 10 or Bosh shooting 3 for 11? I didn't mention Lebron disappearing over the last 2 minutes as the real reasons the Heat lost?

You say I've shown nothing that proves the refs were non-bias, but you have presented no proof that they were biased. You're making the accusation, so the burden of proof is with you.

Meanwhile, the stats that you love so much, tend to support my view.

And you still haven't shown where I called you a name.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pacers didn't play well, either, you bandwagon snob lol.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention Chalmers shooting 2 for 10 or Bosh shooting 3 for 11? I didn't mention Lebron disappearing over the last 2 minutes as the real reasons the Heat lost?

You say I've shown nothing that proves the refs were non-bias, but you have presented no proof that they were biased. You're making the accusation, so the burden of proof is with you.

Meanwhile, the stats that you love so much, tend to support my view.

And you still haven't shown where I called you a name.

Just because you ignore what is written doesn't mean I didn't offer statistical and blatantly obvious evidence to my argument:

You have never been more wrong.

Lance can control not being a douche in between plays, LBJ can't control sprinting to the basket and clipping Hibbert with an elbow.

Scola can avoid winding up and smashing LBJs face when going for a block, quite simply by not smashing.

Mahini does not need to tackle LBJ to stop him from going to the hoop, he has 3 inches and 40 pounds on LBJ or maybe he could make a play for the ball how you are supposed to do and everything else is a flagrant, supposedly, but not if you are playing against LBJ or Griffin.

Wade 3 could have been ruled correctly, maybe even reviewed, neither of which happened.

If 1 of those refs are on the court MIA is 47-27 ATS, as we all know the spread is mainly designed to be a 50-50 proposition. 47-27 is not even close.

Add the West travel call for another 3 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance can control not being a douche in between plays, LBJ can't control sprinting to the basket and clipping Hibbert with an elbow. - BOTSLAYER

I would have to look at it again, but on the first few glances, it looked like LeBron elbowed Hibbert in the face intentionally. And considering his crying baby ways and the fact that he was mad at the Scola foul that just happened, I would have to think LeBron tried to hit him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you ignore what is written doesn't mean I didn't offer statistical and blatantly obvious evidence to my argument:

Add the West travel call for another 3 points.

I didn't ignore anything. You have not shown where those are true bias against the Heat rather than simply missed calls that happen in every game.

Where is your evidence that any of those refs are Pacers fans? Where is your proof that any of the refs had money on the game? Where is your proof of a conspiracy among the refs to screw Miami out of the win? Where is your statement from one of the refs saying that they gave the Pacers the game?

You can't even provide any statistical evidence that would even begin to suggest bias on the part of the refs.

All you have is missed calls which happened to both teams and happen in every NBA game as "proof" to support your opinion.

I, on the other hand, have the actual game stats which tend to support my opinion.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: