• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You know who lost last night?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Indiana still hasn't won a ship. Congrats on the "ship" win. :laugh3: loser.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once did I say that the game was called evenly.

Miami was called for 22 fouls, the Pacers were called for 21 fouls.

The Heat shot 29 free throws, the Pacers shot 21 free throws.

I guess you're not much of a "stat guy" when the stats don't back you up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with CL, no reason that Haslem should be able to do that to Hibbert. If the Pacers don't get that figured out, it may not matter who has HCA.

Hibbert is soft so he takes whatever the defense gives him. Not nearly aggressive as a player his size should ben...it's sad

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't have problems with the fouls except the bs flagrant on LeBron. I just hated the miss travel and calling wade out when he clearly was in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fouls wise yes. But they missed 2 very easy, proabably blatant calls. Wade hit a 3 and they called him out of bounds (what I don't understand is the ref was 2 feet away). And the other one was West traveled when he hit the 3 to put them up 5. 2 blown calls that weren't fouls, but simple fouls. That's what makes no sense, other than that it was even.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The refs are never the difference. If Miami had put the game away when they had the chance, they wouldn't have been in that position. Just as the Pacers wouldn't have been in position to potentially lose the game if they had put it away when they had the chance.

The game was poorly officiated, but it was poorly officiated both ways.

Example, that flagrant that was called against Lebron, should have been nothing more than a common foul and the refs should have pulled Stephenson or his coach aside and said "anymore of that and he's gone" rather than just hit him with his 2nd tech when he appeared to taunt D-Wade.

You have never been more wrong.

Lance can control not being a douche in between plays, LBJ can't control sprinting to the basket and clipping Hibbert with an elbow.

Scola can avoid winding up and smashing LBJs face when going for a block, quite simply by not smashing.

Mahini does not need to tackle LBJ to stop him from going to the hoop, he has 3 inches and 40 pounds on LBJ or maybe he could make a play for the ball how you are supposed to do and everything else is a flagrant, supposedly, but not if you are playing against LBJ or Griffin.

Wade 3 could have been ruled correctly, maybe even reviewed, neither of which happened.

If 1 of those refs are on the court MIA is 47-27 ATS, as we all know the spread is mainly designed to be a 50-50 proposition. 47-27 is not even close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have problems with the fouls except the bs flagrant on LeBron. I just hated the miss travel and calling wade out when he clearly was in.

Yeah, that flagrant against Lebron was pretty weak. One of the worst interpretations of that rule that I've ever seen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert is soft so he takes whatever the defense gives him. Not nearly aggressive as a player his size should ben...it's sad

Yah if he faces a good defender or even decent he is garbage and settles.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think that because more of the times that MIA earned a foul they were in the act of shooting or penalty than IND that means that the refs were even?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot all about the missed travel on West that was the game ender.

Just in that missed travel and Wade's 3 that is a 6 point swing in 2 plays.

That is all it took for MIA to lose by 1 point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have never been more wrong.

Lance can control not being a douche in between plays, LBJ can't control sprinting to the basket and clipping Hibbert with an elbow.

Scola can avoid winding up and smashing LBJs face when going for a block, quite simply by not smashing.

Mahini does not need to tackle LBJ to stop him from going to the hoop, he has 3 inches and 40 pounds on LBJ or maybe he could make a play for the ball how you are supposed to do and everything else is a flagrant, supposedly, but not if you are playing against LBJ or Griffin.

Wade 3 could have been ruled correctly, maybe even reviewed, neither of which happened.

If 1 of those refs are on the court MIA is 47-27 ATS, as we all know the spread is mainly designed to be a 50-50 proposition. 47-27 is not even close.

Actually, I'm right, you're just looking for excuses. Period. Here's a "stat" for you "stat guy". The Heat shot 21 for 29 from the free throw line. The Pacers shot 17 for 21 from the free throw line.

If the Heat just shoot 23 of 29 from the free throw line, they win the game.

Gotta love how a team that was called for 1 more foul and still gets to shoot 8 more free throws was somehow screwed over by the refs. :lame:

Like I said, the refs are NEVER the reason why a team loses a game. If Miami hits their free throws, they win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that because more of the times that MIA earned a foul they were in the act of shooting or penalty than IND that means that the refs were even?

You're the "stat guy". 22 fouls called to 21 fouls looks pretty even to me. The only thing that was uneven was the Heat getting 8 more free throws despite being called for 1 more foul.

Btw, you're the only one blaming the refs.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fouls wise yes. But they missed 2 very easy, proabably blatant calls. Wade hit a 3 and they called him out of bounds (what I don't understand is the ref was 2 feet away). And the other one was West traveled when he hit the 3 to put them up 5. 2 blown calls that weren't fouls, but simple fouls. That's what makes no sense, other than that it was even.

Refs miss 2-3 "very easy, probably blatant calls" both ways every single game. With the size, speed and athleticism of todays players, it's impossible not to miss stuff. Even when it seems obvious.

Don't act like the only calls missed were one's that negatively impacted the Heat. There were missed/bad calls both ways. I seriously doubt you'd be complaining if the Heat had won that game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone complaining about a missed traveling call in an NBA game is grasping at straws. I promise the Heat got away with at least one travel at some point in the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs miss 2-3 "very easy, probably blatant calls" both ways every single game. With the size, speed and athleticism of todays players, it's impossible not to miss stuff. Even when it seems obvious.

Don't act like the only calls missed were one's that negatively impacted the Heat. There were missed/bad calls both ways. I seriously doubt you'd be complaining if the Heat had won that game.

No the Wade 3, where the ref was 2 feet away, should be right 100% of the time. It is an easy call, anyone could make. The travel I could see, but you take one bad call away the Heat win. It doesn't really matter, it would matter more in a playoff game. It is just one meaningless game anyway for the Heat.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm right, you're just looking for excuses. Period. Here's a "stat" for you "stat guy". The Heat shot 21 for 29 from the free throw line. The Pacers shot 17 for 21 from the free throw line.

If the Heat just shoot 23 of 29 from the free throw line, they win the game.

Gotta love how a team that was called for 1 more foul and still gets to shoot 8 more free throws was somehow screwed over by the refs. :lame:

Like I said, the refs are NEVER the reason why a team loses a game. If Miami hits their free throws, they win.

I am not sure you understand how to use stats to identify inconsistencies. Everything I have stated is an inconsistency or anomaly and none of them went in the favor of MIA. That is the entire point. Had they been split we could say that the refs just sucked, but that wasn't the case. The refs were bias.

MIA shoots 76% from the FT line, 72.4% is far from an anomaly. If MIA shot 76% that would in fact be a total of 22.04 FTs made vs their 21. That would have tied the game but hardly something I would say if only this had happened yada yada yada.

So what you are saying is that if MIA plays better than they normally play they could have beat both IND and the refs?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, you're the only one blaming the refs.

No I am not.

Even if I was it does not mean I would change because of what other people think. Provide me evidence that I am wrong and we discuss it like we have been. I am not going to change what I think is right based on an opinion based on nothing.