• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes!!!!!!! In a motherfuggin' heartbeat!!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way

#2 and Randle for Cousins?

Put down the pipe and clear your head whoever suggested that trade.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way

#2 and Randle for Cousins?

Put down the pipe and clear your head whoever suggested that trade.

Cousins is a stud. You're giving up a #2 (no guarantee of that player being a can't miss prospect) and Randle, an untested young player who could be boom or bust. You always go with the proven All-Star player.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when the guy is a head case.

There is a reason the Kings may be willing to trade this guy.

And the Lakers need all the talent they can get, not just one talented headed case.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he's due to make 16m this coming season which would seriously affect the Lakers cap space and ability to sign another quality player.

He missed 23 games this past season as well so there are injury concerns.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has a terrible FG % for a center.

He ranked just ahead of Jordan Hill in that category.

Why take on a guy making that much money just to marginally improve at the position? And before you say to look at his stats, think about the team he plays on. Of course he scores points- they have no one else. You think he's going to get those shot opportunities with Kobe and Clarkson leading the way? Not a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me?

Worst

Idea

Ever...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a stud. You're giving up a #2 (no guarantee of that player being a can't miss prospect) and Randle, an untested young player who could be boom or bust. You always go with the proven All-Star player.

What the hell are you smoking? :L

You actually think trading Towns/Okafor AND Randle for a head-case is a good idea?

This team is building for the future, not looking to immediately load the roster with players that might get the team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I'd rather wait and see what Randle, Clarkson and (hopefully) Towns/Okafor turn out to be than risk giving all our assets for the future away - again! I don't want to be stuck with a situation like the last two seasons ago, in 5 years time!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not giving 2 high lottery picks for a head case.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the prevailing sentiment on this thread. Bad idea.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting idea that shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Cousins is very talented and one of the best bigs in the league.

Also, he's due to make 16m this coming season which would seriously affect the Lakers cap space and ability to sign another quality player.

Considering that the Lakers will be looking at paying at least $20 million for a max FA, $16 million for Cousins isn't that bad. Especially with Kobe's contract due to come off the books and the cap expected to go way up after this coming season.

I agree with the injury concern though. I don't think he has a history of injury issues, but it seems that with bigs, often times that 1st or 2nd injury turns into injury issues for the rest of their career. After all, Andrew Bynum wasn't injury prone until he suffered that first one.

He also has a terrible FG % for a center.

He ranked just ahead of Jordan Hill in that category.

Why take on a guy making that much money just to marginally improve at the position? And before you say to look at his stats, think about the team he plays on. Of course he scores points- they have no one else. You think he's going to get those shot opportunities with Kobe and Clarkson leading the way? Not a chance.

Not sure I agree with this. The fact that he's able to score points when he's all they have, says he can play. After all, he's likely facing double and triple teams a lot. That would help to explain the fg%. Perhaps playing alongside guys like Kobe and Clarkson, he becomes more efficient because teams can't focus their defense on him anymore.

For me, if the asking price is the #2 AND Randle, then the Lakers should say "Thank you, but no" and hang up the phone. If the asking price ends up being the #2 pick OR Randle, or maybe the #2 and Young or Hill, then they should give it some thought and at least have him checked out by their own doctors re: potential injury concerns going forward.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting idea that shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Cousins is very talented and one of the best bigs in the league.

Considering that the Lakers will be looking at paying at least $20 million for a max FA, $16 million for Cousins isn't that bad. Especially with Kobe's contract due to come off the books and the cap expected to go way up after this coming season.

I agree with the injury concern though. I don't think he has a history of injury issues, but it seems that with bigs, often times that 1st or 2nd injury turns into injury issues for the rest of their career. After all, Andrew Bynum wasn't injury prone until he suffered that first one.

Not sure I agree with this. The fact that he's able to score points when he's all they have, says he can play. After all, he's likely facing double and triple teams a lot. That would help to explain the fg%. Perhaps playing alongside guys like Kobe and Clarkson, he becomes more efficient because teams can't focus their defense on him anymore.

For me, if the asking price is the #2 AND Randle, then the Lakers should say "Thank you, but no" and hang up the phone. If the asking price ends up being the #2 pick OR Randle, or maybe the #2 and Young or Hill, then they should give it some thought and at least have him checked out by their own doctors re: potential injury concerns going forward.

:nod:

Gives them a superstar to build around once Kobe retires.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a beast, still young, and on a pretty good contract considering the production. I don't think he is the big headcase that some think he is. That said, the #2 pick and Randle is too much to give up. It's definitely something to consider if it's just the #2 pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way; would you rather have Towns/Okafor, Randle, and max money to spend this summer, or just Cousins?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way; would you rather have Towns/Okafor, Randle, and max money to spend this summer, or just Cousins?

I would rather have the first.

young nucleus and money to bring in a legit SF would be great.

Clarkson/Bryant/FA SF/Randle/Okafor or Towns looks way better than the other option.

have to remember that alot of the Laker players are coming off 1 year deals so they will need to be resigned or replaced as well. that is going to eat up alot of money as well. the more money they have to work with, the better the starters and the bench will be.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, those games were due to him having Mono.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a beast, still young, and on a pretty good contract considering the production. I don't think he is the big headcase that some think he is. That said, the #2 pick and Randle is too much to give up. It's definitely something to consider if it's just the #2 pick.

Also worth considering if it's the #2 plus Hill or Young. I'd leave Randle out though.

jaz4u11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would I do this trade like others have said.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent, I'll agree with some of what DJ said. Cousins is an emerging superstar, and one of the few big men left. If he got in a winning situation, I don't think that he would be a problem at all, and he would be very valuable....but with that said, Randle and the 2 pick is a little bit too rich for my blood