• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes!!!!!!! In a motherfuggin' heartbeat!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando appears to be the one that is holding this up. They do not need a big but they are enticed with the notion of getting a Russell of Mudiay at 2 which they are not sold on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now being reported that Orlando is not part of any talks with the Lakers/Kings.

Man, I wish this would just go away. I want no part of Cousins anymore.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Randle has now been included in the deal. This is getting real stupid real quick. Somebody in the Lakers FO has a major stiffy for Cousins and my guess is, it is Jim Buss. Cousins emerged rather quickly. With all of the big men out there rumored to be heading in the Lakers direction like Monroe, DeAndre Jordon, and Gasol, why this guy? This is the way Jim Buss operates. He gets a wild hair up his ass and then just goes ape nuts to get it done when there are so many other available options that can be way more productive. This knee-jerk approach ends up with a frikin mess.

We watched this before with Nash and Howard and I am not liking how this is developing especially if Randle is included. And I am pretty sure, that if Cousins becomes a Lakers player and Randle is sent to Sacramento, Kobe and Cousins are not going to get along similar to Howard and Kobe. This is not looking good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's making me sick to my stomach. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and these talks go away.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shopson. Orlando has now officially left the discussion and this is now just between Sacramento and the Lakers. That is also a contributing factor for why Randle has been put in play in this "deal".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Randle has now been included in the deal. This is getting real stupid real quick. Somebody in the Lakers FO has a major stiffy for Cousins and my guess is, it is Jim Buss. Cousins emerged rather quickly. With all of the big men out there rumored to be heading in the Lakers direction like Monroe, DeAndre Jordon, and Gasol, why this guy? This is the way Jim Buss operates. He gets a wild hair up his ass and then just goes ape nuts to get it done when there are so many other available options that can be way more productive. This knee-jerk approach ends up with a frikin mess.

We watched this before with Nash and Howard and I am not liking how this is developing especially if Randle is included. And I am pretty sure, that if Cousins becomes a Lakers player and Randle is sent to Sacramento, Kobe and Cousins are not going to get along similar to Howard and Kobe. This is not looking good.

I used to feel the same about Cousins, but wildturkey changed my mind on him and we all know that if wildturkey and I agree, it's probably a good thing. :lol:

Cousins emerged because he's the one that the Lakers are most likely able to get. It seems that the issue is that Karl doesn't want him. This seems to be more about Karl than Cousin's. Of the 3 you mentioned, the only one that I think is better than Cousins is Gasol and I would be shocked if he leaves Memphis.

As for Randle being included, I'd prefer that he not be, but we have no clue if he's going to be any good or not. If it's the #2 plus Randle for Cousins and the #6, I don't think I'd have too much of an issue with it. A lot of the mock drafts seem to have guys like Mudiay and Justise Winslow dropping to #6.

Assuming the Lakers get the #6, here are a couple of potential starting lineups:

C - Cousins
PF - Hill or FA
SF - Wisnlow
SG - Kobe
PG - Clarkson

or

C - Cousins
PF - Hill or FA
SF - Kobe
SG - Clarkson
PG - Mudiay

Again, prefer not to include Randle, but not sure it should be a deal breaker.

Another positive, the Cousin's talk has pretty well eliminated the Rondo talk. :heh:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pundits have stated that Randle has "superstar potential" whatever that means. As of today, Orlando has left the discussions and this "deal" is now just between Sacramento and the Lakers. The majority owner of the Kings continues to nix the potential deal as well. I wonder what the minority owner Shaquille has to say about all of this?

If the Lakers do send Randle packing and pick up say a Winslow or Mudiay in the 6 and then sign a guy like Love or Butler later, things may have a different quality but I can just about assure anyone that there will be friction between Cousins and Kobe, if Cousins is the head case everyone claims he is.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pundits have stated that Randle has "superstar potential" whatever that means. As of today, Orlando has left the discussions and this "deal" is now just between Sacramento and the Lakers. The majority owner of the Kings continues to nix the potential deal as well. I wonder what the minority owner Shaquille has to say about all of this?

If the Lakers do send Randle packing and pick up say a Winslow or Mudiay in the 6 and then sign a guy like Love or Butler later, things may have a different quality but I can just about assure anyone that there will be friction between Cousins and Kobe, if Cousins is the head case everyone claims he is.

Of course there'll be friction, everyone who plays with Kobe has issues. Let's remind ourselves that Kobe only has 1 year left. I heard yesterday that they really haven't even consulted Kobe on any FA or draft discussion.

This is a non issue, IMO. If we do snag this deal, if we get the 6th pick, we NEEEEEEED to pick Winslow!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree but there sure is a lot of reticence to yield a talent like Randle for the perception-based quagmire Cousins generates. This deal is still being denied by the majority owner of the Kings as of today and Orlando is officially out of the discussions but if it does go down, I agree there will be Kobe-friction and Winslow is the guy we take at 6. Then we move our focus to FAs like Love, Butler, and Dragic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree but there sure is a lot of reticence to yield a talent like Randle for the perception-based quagmire Cousins generates. This deal is still being denied by the majority owner of the Kings as of today and Orlando is officially out of the discussions but if it does go down, I agree there will be Kobe-friction and Winslow is the guy we take at 6. Then we move our focus to FAs like Love, Butler, and Dragic.

If we get Winslow at 6, that probably removes Butler from consideration since they play the same spot. Also, unless the Bulls have a change of heart, they are going to match all offers for Butler. I do like the idea of going after Love or Dragic though. I think the addition of Cousins would make the Lakers very intriguing to both Dragic and Love.

How's this for potential lineups?

C- Cousins
PF - Love
SF - Winslow
SG - Kobe
PG - Clarkson

or

C - Cousins
PF - Hill or FA
SF - Winslow
SG - Kobe
PG - Dragic

With that 2nd lineup, Clarkson backs up both guard positions and starts the games Kobe sits out. Then he becomes the starting SG after next season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hill signs elsewhere, Kelly or Black may get the nod. The bench may include Swaggy, Jabari Brown and some other good players. We shall see how this all plays out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there'll be friction, everyone who plays with Kobe has issues. Let's remind ourselves that Kobe only has 1 year left. I heard yesterday that they really haven't even consulted Kobe on any FA or draft discussion.

This is a non issue, IMO. If we do snag this deal, if we get the 6th pick, we NEEEEEEED to pick Winslow!!

Depends on who's available at 6 and who's in the trade. If Randle is in it, options like Cauley Stein and Porzingis (if still available) are just as valuable as the SF prospects like Winslow, Herzonja, and Johnson. If Clarkson is in it, you need to consider Mudiay and maybe even Payne (although he probably hasn't elevated his stock THAT far).

As far as potential free agents, that also depends on who is in the trade. Cousins' $15M will cut into that cap space.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Jimmy Buckets is going to want to team up with Rose again for the next few years.

As far as Cousins.. I'd rather have Okafor if I was you all. He's going to be a beast. He'll be stronger and better in the post than Anthony Davis, but not as good outside the paint as Davis. At least not yet.

Kid's a baller from Chicago just like AD too.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Pau Gasol have issues with Kobe? He would have stayed until Kobe retired if the Lakers were able to get someone in FA last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Pau Gasol have issues with Kobe? He would have stayed until Kobe retired if the Lakers were able to get someone in FA last year.

Actually, he and Kobe did have a run in or two (remember Kobe telling him to "put his big boy pants on"). The difference was that Pau is humble and incredibly smart. He was able to understand and accept what Kobe said rather than get butthurt over how he said it.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just figure it this way...

trade Randle straight up for Cousins - would you rather have Cousins over Randle?

and then just consider the draft picks a straight trade - after getting Cousins is there that much of a drop off from 2 to 6 for what the Lakers would be looking for?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who's available at 6 and who's in the trade. If Randle is in it, options like Cauley Stein and Porzingis (if still available) are just as valuable as the SF prospects like Winslow, Herzonja, and Johnson. If Clarkson is in it, you need to consider Mudiay and maybe even Payne (although he probably hasn't elevated his stock THAT far).

If we get Boogie, wouldn't make sense to draft another big, IMO. The 3 is a position of need, Winslow fits that mold.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just figure it this way...

trade Randle straight up for Cousins - would you rather have Cousins over Randle?

and then just consider the draft picks a straight trade - after getting Cousins is there that much of a drop off from 2 to 6 for what the Lakers would be looking for?

Not much of a drop at all, in terms of need, IMO!

If this trade does happen and we get the 6th pick, I like Winslow.