• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes!!!!!!! In a motherfuggin' heartbeat!!!!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Kold, good to see you are still around.
Same here Retro....I like come in every now and then to chop it up with the folks from the old CBS days, and with the people from SportsHoopla. Also, always nice to talk and debate about the Lakers current and future moves like the old days

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent, I'll agree with some of what DJ said. Cousins is an emerging superstar, and one of the few big men left. If he got in a winning situation, I don't think that he would be a problem at all, and he would be very valuable....but with that said, Randle and the 2 pick is a little bit too rich for my blood

Yep, I don't think the Lakers would consider the #2 and Randle at all. #2 and Hill and/or Young? Much more of a discussion likely.

I don't really see this "can't wait to rebuild" situation either. Kobe isn't that dominant player anymore and he's in possibly the final year of his career. Adding a vet instead of a rookie at #2 isn't going to propel this team to contender status. It might put them on the threshold of the playoffs. I'd rather keep the pick personally, and try to use Hill/Young to move up from 27 to get a solid swingman prospect.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence is beginning to mount that the Lakers are going to keep the #2 pick and possibly the other two.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence is beginning to mount that the Lakers are going to keep the #2 pick and possibly the other two.

I think they'll keep the #2 unless they receive the proverbial "offer they can't refuse." It'd have to b something crazy. Like OKC thinks they'll lose Westbrook when he hits FA and decides to trade him to the Lakers for the #2 pick kind of crazy.

I think they will be shopping the #27 and/or #34 picks right up until those picks come up. Mitch has said they aren't really looking to bring in 3 rookies.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be completely stupidity, and redundant if the Lakers were to trade our future young stars, for this knuckle head.

If this were to happen I would personally go burn down short Buss's house down.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be completely stupidity, and redundant if the Lakers were to trade our future young stars, for this knuckle head.

If this were to happen I would personally go burn down short Buss's house down.

truth to tell, I ain't big on the idea either, I get that it'd take more time to develop a rook, but i'm ok with that...

Rome wasn't built in a day...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth to tell, I ain't big on the idea either, I get that it'd take more time to develop a rook, but i'm ok with that...

Rome wasn't built in a day...

I agree to a point. If the original reported asking price of the #2 plus Randle is the only deal that the Kings are willing to accept, then I think the Lakers should pass.

However, if the Lakers can get the asking price lowered to the #2 plus the #27 or #34, or the #2 plus Jordan Hill or Swaggy P, then I think the Lakers should strongly consider it.

Cousins is only 24 (the same age Shaq was when the Lakers got him) and he's one of the best bigs in the game. Much of his "knuckleheadedness" seems to be a little exaggerated and he seems to have matured. Plus, the Kings FO has been a dumpster fire for quite awhile, so that likely has led to some frustration on his part.

Considering that most NBA players are in their prime from approximately age 25 or 26 to age 30, he could end up being a great pickup just as he's entering his prime.

I think going to a more stable organization with a no nonsense leader like Kobe and a no nonsense coach like Byron, could be great for him.

If the Lakers did trade for him, they could concentrate on guards and/or SF's in FA or draft a later first round projected guard like Rashad Vaughn or the Harvey kid that Retro likes with #27 (assuming it's not part of the trade) or maybe Kevon Looney from UCLA with the #34 pick.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into it. He's doing his first US workouts so its the first time these teams actually get to see him up close. Everyone reacts positively when they finally see these internationals for the first time.

Yeah, like I said on the main board. The misinformation is starting. Before it's over, the Lakers will be linked to every possible draft pick and every possible FA. Mitch won't confirm or deny anything and will say something nice about every one of them.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the damn deal already!!