• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes another 49er was arrested

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see how those two statements kind of contradict each other? And why is the NFL singling out one particular type of violent crime with a mandatory 6 games? Some guy getting his face smashed by a NFL player who loses it is somehow not as bad as a guy hitting his significant other? If they're going to do this then they should do it for all violent crimes. This is nothing but a knee jerk reaction by Goodell because he wants to maintain some false image of the league that people haven't bought in years.

Um, no. How on earth do those two things contradict? I said no way should she ever be touched by anyone (meaning there is no excuse that would make physically hurting her ok) and can't judge them until you know what happened (meaning you can't throw him under the bus until you know he actually DID hurt her, and you can't decide what punishment he should get until you know how bad that was)

In what world do those two things contradict each other? :noidea:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The single players need to kick out their GFs.

You know something will happen with all the groupies around...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, because I don't assume guilt or innocence based upon the opinion of the cop that happened to be called to the scene until it's been challenged in a court of law.

Lynch's situation was a phone call accusation where the police never even interviewed him. If that happened now no way does it lead to a suspension. It was bullshit from the go and was dismissed quickly.

Its different than the police arresting someone for FELONY dv. That's going to linger around and embarrass the NFL for a while.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So I guess arrest=guilty=due process. That will work great with something that's basically an automatic arrest for someone if the police show up and both parties are still present.

Again, the NFL doesn't owe anyone due process. This stuff is embarrassing to them and they finally are saying enough, either stop hitting your wife/gf or avoid women that cause drama because 'NFL = domestic violence' is what's all over the internet, and its not a good look.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch's situation was a phone call accusation where the police never even interviewed him. If that happened now no way does it lead to a suspension. It was bullshit from the go and was dismissed quickly.

Its different than the police arresting someone for FELONY dv. That's going to linger around and embarrass the NFL for a while.

How is it different? Neither has been convicted of anything. And if the player decides to fight it in court he wouldn't even be able to defend himself as far as the league goes because there's the court case as well. But supposedly this is going to be the trigger:

the new standards are vague about when exactly a player will be subject to suspension (a source told ESPN that discipline will only occur after the “adjudication of a player’s case, such as conviction or plea agreement,”

So apparently the league does have a little common sense when it comes to this. Still creates a weird situation. If a hundred thousand dollars in lawyers fees is going to save you a million+ in income then it's better to take that path financially and drag it out in court. Good day for lawyers that practice this type of law I guess.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the holier than thou attitude that everyone's taking. What if the girl is coming at him with a knife or kicking and biting and scratching at the eyes with long nails? The way this works in most states is someone's going to jail when the accusation is made and it's usually the man, even if he's defending himself. There's obviously extreme cases like this one probably is but there's also batshit crazy women that will go after guys when they get pissed off.

And no, I've never hit a woman.

I suppose it coulda happened, but doubtful. I guess this would be the ONLY way that it would be tolerated.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man gohusk, how about we all wait and see what details come out, what the courts do (if anything), and what the league and/or team does (if anything) before we get all indignant and exercise disdain over the possible injustice.

I mean why are you taking this so personally and going so bat shit crazy over it on this thread? Hit close to home did it? :noidea:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, because I don't assume guilt or innocence based upon the opinion of the cop that happened to be called to the scene until it's been challenged in a court of law.
Yeah, because lawyers are just so trustworthy and always tell the story the way it actually happened. Just saying...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying that McDonald's victim was pregnant as well

he could get more.

A six-game suspension would be without pay and the length of the penalty could increase in these cases: an employee was involved in a prior incident before joining the NFL; violence involving a weapon; choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman; or in the presence of a child

damn shame. :whistle:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because lawyers are just so trustworthy and always tell the story the way it actually happened. Just saying...

Well then it's good that the jury is what makes the ultimate decision.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man gohusk, how about we all wait and see what details come out, what the courts do (if anything), and what the league and/or team does (if anything) before we get all indignant and exercise disdain over the possible injustice.

I mean why are you taking this so personally and going so bat shit crazy over it on this thread? Hit close to home did it? :noidea:

Hit close to home? WTF are you implying? I just believe in due process and don't like it when the mob mentality takes over when something shocking happens. Some of the people here are talking like an arrest is enough for them to get a player suspended.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit close to home? WTF are you implying? I just believe in due process and don't like it when the mob mentality takes over when something shocking happens. Some of the people here are talking like an arrest is enough for them to get a player suspended.
I would agree with this in the real world but it seems that the NFL doesn't have to wait for a conviction to act on anything. I don't recall Ray Rice getting any conviction but still had the suspension. Ray Mac will be suspensed at some point in time and possibly for a season for this. If this is true( and I feel it is) he hit and bruised a pregnant woman. I would love to wait for any real info to come out but I really don't think that will help anything. The police report said she had visable bruises .

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm implying you should chill out. Seems every other post in this thread is you and your tone has been escalating over the course of it. Relax man. It's just not worth getting that worked up over. None of these people will be involved in deciding his fate. Once the powers that be do decide I'm sure there will be bitching on both sides about how far it went. Save your energy for that time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the new rules for those wondering include way more than just Domestic Violence. The NFL has taken a hard look at many of the different violations in the NFL such as DUI, Gun infractions, Assault in general, and many others. Domestic Violence is just at the center of it because of the Ray Rice issue. So don't think the new policies only deal with one issue.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm implying you should chill out. Seems every other post in this thread is you and your tone has been escalating over the course of it. Relax man. It's just not worth getting that worked up over. None of these people will be involved in deciding his fate. Once the powers that be do decide I'm sure there will be bitching on both sides about how far it went. Save your energy for that time.

How the hell am I getting heated over this? I just don't understand why so many people here have such a low standard when it comes to due process at the workplace and I'm willing to argue the point. That is one of the purposes of this site.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell am I getting heated over this? I just don't understand why so many people here have such a low standard when it comes to due process at the workplace and I'm willing to argue the point. That is one of the purposes of this site.

To where you jumped down my neck and I wasn't even arguing that point. :L Sheesh.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are confusing constitutional due process and what private businesses are allowed to do. Private companies can create rules and are not required to give you a chance to appeal or see some sort of conviction. It is not always right but a single infraction can get you fired and the company does not need to hold some sort of tribunal.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there are witnesses? I don't think the NFL should punish just on someones word. The Ray Rice incident had video so it was straight foward but how do we know the woman isn't lying? What if she changes her story tomorrow?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there are witnesses? I don't think the NFL should punish just on someones word. The Ray Rice incident had video so it was straight foward but how do we know the woman isn't lying? What if she changes her story tomorrow?

Obviously we have no clue at this point. From the sounds of it though there is a good chance there was some kind of witness. It was a birthday party full of people so unless they went to some room out of the way when the "incident" occurred somebody most likely saw something. Also there had to be something that happened as she was found with bruises on her arms and neck. That much we do know to be fact. Now whether this player did it or not obviously we do not know at this time.