• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Yankees vs Mariners: July 6th-8th...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's facepalm worthy NW? You can't seriously believe our best SP all season should be pulled ASAP when we're facing the Yankees bullpen from the get go and knocked out their first guy in 2/3IP. Nevermind the fact that the comment is made every time a pitcher struggles, like it's realistic to just keep abusing the bullpen day after day.

Sometimes guys struggle. They still need to eat some innings and give the offense a chance, which we certainly have at the moment.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling every starting pitcher in the first 2 innings does not make someone a good manager. Can we stop with this nonsense?
So it’s better to just let someone get pounded when they don’t have it. Especially when most rosters carry extra bullpen arms and a shorter bench. Got it thanks.
For the record I’m talking about Sheffield last night not Kikuchi tonight

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s better to just let someone get pounded when they don’t have it. Especially when most rosters carry extra bullpen arms and a shorter bench. Got it thanks.
Yeah, but they carry the extra pitchers in case they need bullpen games, not help the team win.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you yell about it every time, like it's always an option. Sometimes you eat the loss and save the bullpen for the near future. Otherwise you snowball the issue into subsequent games.

You commented 30 minutes into Kikuchi getting hit hard and didn't mention Sheffield. You can understand how it appears you were talking about today's game.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's facepalm worthy NW? You can't seriously believe our best SP all season should be pulled ASAP when we're facing the Yankees bullpen from the get go and knocked out their first guy in 2/3IP. Nevermind the fact that the comment is made every time a pitcher struggles, like it's realistic to just keep abusing the bullpen day after day.

Sometimes guys struggle. They still need to eat some innings and give the offense a chance, which we certainly have at the moment.
Top teams can eat loses and save arms. Teams like Mariners need to fight and get every win they can because they are behind in talent and are outplaying their ability level right now which means a change is coming. The one thing we have are bullpen arms in Tacoma that can easily bewitched out of guys need a break.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top teams can eat loses and save arms. Teams like Mariners need to fight and get every win they can because they are behind in talent and are outplaying their ability level right now which means a change is coming. The one thing we have are bullpen arms in Tacoma that can easily bewitched out of guys need a break.

We need every win we can get right? So why lessen our chances in a series by wasting reps in a game? We've seen what happens when you assume every pen arm in Tacoma is worthy of pitching in the big leagues. It's not good.

We're barely half way through the season. It's not like this is the stretch and you can just get every starter to come out of the pen in a pinch.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching game #2. Bottom of the 9th....Skanks up by one.

Let's go boys.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rally comes up short. With less hits than my favorite '80s band, it comes as no surprise.

The fact that we play down to struggling teams way too often is just too much. So as far as tomorrow's game is concerned...

SHGetSwept.png

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any sports team ever under performed as bad as the Seattle Mariners in their history? Year after year after year its like stepping into a giant steamy pile of dog crap and smearing it around all season. There is never ONE bit of progress made from season to season with this dud of a team, nothing to build on.
I mean i guess it depends how you look at it. Under performed implies they have certain expectations they arent meeting. For most of years in their recent history there simply hasnt been expectations at all. So under performed isn't the phrase I would use so much as just irrelevant.

I'd say the Angels who have yet to win a playoff game with Mike Trout on their team have under performed way more for example

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you yell about it every time, like it's always an option. Sometimes you eat the loss and save the bullpen for the near future. Otherwise you snowball the issue into subsequent games.

You commented 30 minutes into Kikuchi getting hit hard and didn't mention Sheffield. You can understand how it appears you were talking about today's game.
I was commenting about Boone pulling his pitcher, nothing regarding Servais/ Kikuchi today but I guess I didnt specify. Kikuchi has been good so I have no issues with him having a dud game. I did comment on Sheffield being left in too long the other day I think, or maybe I was thinking it and didnt post it. Am I guilty of overreacting to it, yeah at times I'm sure I am, but I dont agree with just eating a loss. In the Sheffield game, they were coming off an off day and have the all star break next week so I dont think pulling him early should have been a big deal.

Regardless I have seen Servais leave in a pitcher too long countless times where as I often see the opponent pull theirs before a big inning ensues. Maybe you can infer it simply means the Mariners havent had the offense to put up a crooked number anyway which I guess I cannot argue.

We are at the point where we are likely handing Servais another extension for what? im not sure but yeah I get frustrated when I have seen that kind of stuff for 6 years.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Shed Long is in LF and Jake Fraley is DHing? Fraley is actually a plus defender in the outfield, Shed Long is not a plus defender anywhere.
I've seen this a couple of times and my best guess is they are still protecting Fraley's hamstring

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need every win we can get right? So why lessen our chances in a series by wasting reps in a game? We've seen what happens when you assume every pen arm in Tacoma is worthy of pitching in the big leagues. It's not good.

We're barely half way through the season. It's not like this is the stretch and you can just get every starter to come out of the pen in a pinch.
We also have the All-Star break next week and everything gets reset and everyone gets rested so less issue using up the pen these last two weeks.

It is what it is.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing that can make him super good if he develops. Doesn’t have the repertoire Felix did but the difference in speed between fastball and off speed can make him ace ish.